World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda)

+4
Haruchi
Legend
Tachi
Yukira_Fuyushi
8 posters

Go down

Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda) Empty Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda)

Post by Yukira_Fuyushi Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 am

So anyway. I've been thinking a lot lately o.o (Surprise, surprise!)
And I was thinking. Yeah. And here's what I was thinking.
"There aren't enough players in WoB."
So, how could this be remedied? Well, here, I have a few, probably very stupid and ineffective suggestions that mostly, actually rely on existing infrastructure.
My basic train of thought is that 'People need something to keep them from thinking this game is generic, when it's not. It's AWESOME. But sometimes they might not be able to see that at first. I'm talking about lower ranks, back to school, man.
So yeah, here's what I suggest. Feel free to flame o.o

Rank 1
My first suggestion here is:
A tutorial. Just maybe a few text boxes in the style of the 'Global Staff Messages' that get sent out every now and then that will help people get into the game without need to go look for a manual. (They can't ask where one is, anyway, because of the restriction on talking)
My second suggestion here is:
A Practice Grid: Yeah. To like, intergrate them into the PvP battle system, just an empty grid where they can move around, use basic moves, and that sort of jazz.
My third suggestion is:
Lower the talking req. The talking req has worked wonders on spam. It basically doesn't exist. But what's a game without players to talk to? Maybe it could be lowered a little.

Rank 2
My first suggestion in this rank is:
A slightly more advanced tutorial Maybe filling them in on a bit more of the advanced stuff, but not giving them too much information so as to deter them from asking in social? Perhaps these could be lesson style, since they're like, students of the race?
Second:
Another Practice Grid: Yeah, just for practicing, maybe with a few targets. Helps them integrate, right?
Finally here:
Achievement moves: Hey, they were fun in Rank 1. Why not give 'em something to work for?

Rank 5
The double roll I suppose this would be my most controversial suggestion here. Have people roll 2 Zanpakuto upon rolling and let them pick between them. This'll make people more satisfied with their choices, as they had another option to pick from and they'll be more satisfied picking the one they like. Perhaps for those who have already rolled, they could also reroll for another 2 but keep their current if they wanted? I dunno, staff would decide if this was done (Which is highly doubtful)

So yeah, those're my insane suggestions. Feel free to troll and flame like mad dogs, as I expect most, if not all, will be rejected.

Yukira_Fuyushi
Yukira_Fuyushi
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Location : Here, There, Everywhere, In, Out, Up, Down All around, Overhead, Underneath, The universe

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda) Empty Re: Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda)

Post by Tachi Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:40 pm

o.o All of those ideas seem very interesting and I'd love to see them xD Don't know about the zan thing though. It's interesting, but eh... I think it being random is good enough and is closer to how the show is. I think maybe the rates could be changed up a bit. Lesser zans and Elite zans seem to be rolled a lot to me. Maybe change the rates so that there's more of a chance to roll Common and Greater zans.
Tachi
Tachi
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda) Empty Re: Suggestion Collection (Hey, it rhymes! .....Kinda)

Post by Legend Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Yup mostly Lesser Zans are rolled with first roll and when people reroll with shards they normally go for the A-ramked/S-ranked roll.
Legend
Legend
Squad Member
Squad Member

https://www.facebook.com/Will.I.AmArmyOliver

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:54 am

One way is increasing the amount of C and B ranks by a lot... Hrm...
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukira_Fuyushi Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 am

Hm, the current system seems to work okay...
Any comments on the others?
Yukira_Fuyushi
Yukira_Fuyushi
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Location : Here, There, Everywhere, In, Out, Up, Down All around, Overhead, Underneath, The universe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkkkkgggg Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 pm

I like the roll 2 resses idea
kingkkkkgggg
kingkkkkgggg
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am

I like the tutorial ideas and the unlockable abilities would be nice for Rank 2. However, I don't think a free re-roll would be a good idea... Maybe, as mentioned before, there could be a higher chance of getting a C/B instead of the current set up. If the re-roll is a liked idea by a majority of users, perhaps it could be a low-cost non-rank specific role for 5/10 shards.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 pm

i think practice grid could work in nicely with the tutorial just as it shows the player where to fight the bullys or gang member (whatever it was called) xD
saying "run or fight " gives a sense of empowerment :o
Greed
Greed
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkkkkgggg Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

And something else for 70 shards you can choose the exact ress/zan that you want
kingkkkkgggg
kingkkkkgggg
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Eh, I don't think so Luppi; make it 200 xD
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

we can strike off the practice grid o:
since at kyoto theres a survival thing, which can help ppl get used to the grid xD
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Meant for new players to learn the mechanics Oreo, I think it's a good idea. Since you can't access it before rank 3 and even then most new players don't know much about PvP/Kyoto.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down