World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Items

5 posters

Go down

Battle Items Empty Battle Items

Post by unknownsoldier Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 am

I think consumable items that can be bought in the item shop that gives temprorary boosts during a pvp would be fun and strategically useful. Ex: potion to increase spirit defense for 1 turn by 5%. Maybe a potion of heal to regain 3k health points. Maybe eventually even bring this to summoning/calling forth AI of various levels to help during a fight.

unknownsoldier
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Battle Items Empty Re: Battle Items

Post by Ezoroth Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 am

Yeah, I was always wondering why there were no items that can be used that gives boosts like this. Like you know how, I think, Hisagi had those explosive bracelets. Tsukishima had placed a trap for Byakuya, stuff like that.

I was thinking there could be items that you could use during battle to help you in mid-battle. Or maybe traps you can place that would allow you to set up. But I guess for traps you'd need a certain amount of some stats in order to set it without being noticed, maybe the traps could be introduced after obstacles. Like say if you're behind an obstacle and your opponent can't see you directly, then you can set a trap and it'll say something along the lines of waiting. This would be quite interesting when that happens.

Also the AI, that also seems interesting. To me, though, that seems to be something that should come into play whenever there's MPvP introduced.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Nathan
Title:
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Azula Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Pros: Could make PvP more interesting, and more exciting between players.

Cons: Coding difficulty? Higher ranking players being able to set more traps, ect. and have even more of an advantage over newer players. Could also make PvP more unfair, and more difficult. Someone who normally would have won would now lose because of traps. PvP would also take longer, less people would be inclined to PvP at all.
Azula
Azula
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Elise Van Andel
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Well, seeing as obstacles already are being added, won't that create longer PVP matches? That and if you set a trap, it would shorten it depending on the damage it does, you move onto a trap and you can get damaged from a trap and then your opponent. Maybe higher level traps cost alot more, or traps would take a percentage of your health instead of a set damage.

Also a low level wouldn't dare to fight a high level unless they believe they can beat them, so wouldn't the traps help the low levels? Since a high level wouldn't use a trap on an enemy they can beat without. It adds more strategy to the match, you have to think where to go, be more cautious. Maybe also adding a set level of traps you can put down a match.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Nathan
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonin Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Well, the cons do outweigh the pros, but still, if we are only allowed to bring one trap or health/stamina/spirit energy potion into each PvP then that would help to even stuff out.
lyonin
lyonin
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Lyonin
Title: Rogue
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 pm

There's one item idea pending in Lsm's head, that could be somewhat related to this... We'll see about this again when it's implemented.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content