World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012

+6
AnimeGenius24
orosan
Alexinio
Legend
Mutand
Haruchi
10 posters

Go down

Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012 Empty Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012

Post by Haruchi Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Time for some constructive criticism. March Madness has been the first tournament, and as expected, we couldn't avoid derps. Yet, we've learnt from them. Nevertheless, we'd like to know if you would want there to be another tournament.

Next one will be held during summer (June/July) most likely.

Notes so far:

- Scheduling one week before.
- Duration one whole week.
- Possibly need an event staff / extra hands

Pros and cons, GO! Happiness

Last edited by Chiharu on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012 Empty Re: Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012

Post by Mutand Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

I think turning off the logoff timer until the end of the fight
it will help

Mutand
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012 Empty Re: Feedback Time! - MM Tournament 2012

Post by Legend Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm

AAR time!

Overall the event was a success just a few minor things that could had been better.

3 Sustains:
Great Idea

Coordination seemed pretty good. Noticed Chi got sick and Cole had to leave but we all know things happen.

Fun being able to watch all the fights/ Good time planning for Lsm's Shift me and Ian got to schedule our own fight since we were both online.

3 Improvements:
Maybe make the fights rank and exp based (tiers for each rank), Some fights were kinda unfair example. Ian vs Unk and Me vs Lyo hitting 59k (opponent not being afk) Is kinda unfair.

Perhaps a step ahead plan gathering which time players are available for future fights whether they win or lose. Me myself I got a PM from Lsm saying my first match for Shini vs Hollow was at 11AM which was not a good time for me since I had to sleep from a 24 hour shift.

Communication between players and staff. It was alot of no shows not really you guys fault but the players should let someone know if they aren't gonna be able to fight. I'm pretty sure some fight times got cut close or pushed back due to this.

Legend
Legend
Squad Member
Squad Member

https://www.facebook.com/Will.I.AmArmyOliver

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexinio Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 pm

i can't wait until summer to fight again
Alexinio
Alexinio
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Alexinio DeathWish
Title: 3rd seat
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Pros:
-summer vacation = lots of free time for players who dont got school :D
-more likely they will come on time and not get disqualified *coughs >.>*
-perhaps even more participants this time :3

Cons:
-some might get summer jobs, and cant even come as much Q_Q
-since its vacation, who knows how many wanna travel away for a while (me maybe)
-i'll think of more stuff o_o;
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by AnimeGenius24 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm

You could add another benefit to motivate the players for example you say that if 3 people from one squad/fraccion win (in their own tier) their whole squad gets an extra boost, to me this is a great way to motivate people into joining the tournament because from what I saw there were not enough contestants in the tournaments even though there were so many people online during those days also I agree with what Legend said on timing and people letting the hosts know if they wont make it because a lot of people were upset they didnt get to fight (not me i wouldnt mind xD) additionally in my opinion those people who rank hold forever and their moves are like all on lvl 100 so suppose a guy on rank 5 has like 10 mil exp because he rank holding and all of his skills are capped....i believe this person should be told to fight in rank 6 or less it will be like no one can beat him/her.....thats all

EDIT: I have changed my opinion on rank holding because i realised when lust said that people shouldnt be forced to fight at a higher rank because they have also worked hard and deserve to fight in their tier Smile

Last edited by AnimeGenius24 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had a change of opinion)

AnimeGenius24
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Lust Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Well if you rank hold it's by choice. So why should we be forced to fight someone out of our tier? It's like putting a rank 4 against a rank 5. It's unfair and shouldn't be done.
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by squall Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:30 pm

First of all i'd like to congratulate the admin on a job well done with the tournament...i was kinda "smooth" from where we were standing :P
Suggestion:
a)Take some more time after the participants are signed up to schedule matches between people of the same(or close to each other) timezones
b)organize a bracket with every much and get a fixed advancement system (example on a Tier with 8 people the winner of the 1st pair faces the winner of the 3rd pair and then winner of the 2nd pair faces the winner of the 4th pair) and maybe time tables (for example match No1 will start at xx/xx 20:00 server time)

squall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by neji2k Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm

alright well yea everyone wants to try and fix the whole time thingy but being real and that this is real life nwoing things a week of time that actually stay 100% accurate is very unlikely

example:
tell lsm or chi or schedule director what time you'll be on for tourney 5 days later oh i found out i cant make it that time plz change it

well either they can be nice and REDO THE WHOLE SCHEDULE or the guy would just get kicked out and that would suck yea ppl would say hey its your fault for not knowing but family emergencies happen all the time or just something that you had no idea about could just pop up like someone even dying or something and then you gotta go and wont make it my point is a weeks worth of time is also enough time for a weeks worth of mess to happen

neji2k
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by RDfunny Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm

RDfunny
RDfunny
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: RDfunny
Title: senior squad member
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down