World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Hunting/Protecting

+8
Danteeva
Zerocool
Rage
Greed
Jin
Dead_pool
Lazria_nakayami
Hades
12 posters

Go down

Soul Hunting/Protecting Empty Soul Hunting/Protecting

Post by Hades Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:58 am

Prologue:
// This is a feature I thought about that would make the game more engaging, while sticking to the anime....
Option 1:
* Turn Hollow feedings into an active action/feature: Instead of hitting the "FEED" link, Hollows should actually go to Kyoto and search for NPC humans...

And On the flipside:

* Turn Shinigami patrols in active action/feature: Instead of hitting the patrol link, Shinigami should go to Kyoto and actually patrol and save/defend NPC humans...

Or option 2: make Hunting/Protecting a separate feature, leaving the patrols and feeds alone.
The rewards: should be similar to AI rewards but probably higher since you are putting yourself at risk of being killed, therefore it should be a high risk / high reward option.

Benefits:
* Increased user activity in Kyoto City which in turn leads to
* Increased chance of encountering some one from the opposite race, which leads to
* Increased PVPs

Just a little proposal that I believe would make WoB more engaging during downtime ( i.e. between Timed Trainings).
Hades
Hades
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Hades
Title: Arrancar
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Soul Hunting/Protecting Empty Re: Soul Hunting/Protecting

Post by Lazria_nakayami Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 am

I definitely like it, I would make it similar to missions from TNR with long intervals between the hunts/protections and probably be separate from the patrol/feeds with appropriate rewards.
Lazria_nakayami
Lazria_nakayami
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 am

I like it too would give me something new to do and a good chance to kill peeps, if they still don't come out, more rewards for me. My fav is option 2
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:48 am

I like option one. It would b sweet to actually hunt human npc's....or human pc's for that matter lol

Jin
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06 am

Option 2 sounds best to me
Greed
Greed
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 am

The reason why I said Option 2 was because some peeps are indeed busy and need to just feed or do Patrols...
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:39 am

Thanks for all your input guys, we need more people to see this, so spread the word, then and only then will this make it to phase 2....
Hades
Hades
Human
Human

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:04 am

I like the idea.
But I'll point out the flaws because we all know I'm a funkill.
Flaws with option 1:
1) Some people don't have the time to run all over Kyoto.
2) Lower levels can't kill AI efficiently so they stick to patrols/feeds; they can't train if their patrols/feeds were forcibly made harder, or impossible in the case of stronger players online.
3) The time it'd take to run all over Kyoto, even with increased gains(I.E 10 instead of 7), and putting yourself at risk of getting attacked/interrupted during trainning will probably "Not be worth" the time, for most, that's what I'd say at least.
4) This is giving FURTHER advantage to the higher levels, lets take a moment to think about this and be honest with ourselves, are the lower levels really going to brave up and run in knowing all those high levels are waiting, more so are the higher levels going to let the lower levels enjoy this feature? I don't think so either. :/ This will end up most likely reserved for the level cappers of each rank barrier, if implemented.
Flaws about option 2:
Basically 1, 3, and 4 in option one.
Peace~ Rage out.
P.S.: Best avatar ever, Seras. <3
Rage
Rage
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:29 am

Glad you like the idea, and I'm gonna help solve up some problems, Rage.
1) Don't have to get option 1. Option 2 is probably the best implementation.
2) Again option 2 means that even lower levels who can't kill ai can still do their feeds normally instead of being forced to do the active feeding.
3) The active feeding will just be another option; you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I just felt that we needed an active option; say you don't want to do AIs, then go to KC and hunt some hoomans :D
4) I agree in the fact that it may give them an advantage; but it could also bolster your efforts to get stronger... I envision hunting humans as easy as "click attack human" which would instantly devour said human... On another note; I was thinking that only X amount of hoomans would be available per [time interval here]... So it wouldn't be exploited...

Think I addressed all your issues... Happiness
Hades
Hades
Human
Human

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerocool Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 am

I don't really care for this idea, it would slow training down immenslt. I had a similar suggestion, but it was to place AI links in kyoto. That way, you can still train at a good pace, and increase chances of pvp. Increase the pay outs of AI, to tempt people, Feedings can stay where they are at.

For instance have AI pay out like weekend boost during the week.

Zerocool
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Danteeva Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:33 pm

I think these are good ideas but to make sure people are willing to make the risk I reckon there should perhaps be a 30 second grace period where you cannot be attacked and you have a chance to get somewhere in Kyoto and start the mission or whatever.
Although you can attack straight away if you wish.
Maybe there needs to be the 30 seconds before you can start the mission as well so the quick people get out, do the mission and return before they can be attacked.
I think it would just help the lower level ranked officers/arrancar actually do them without falling instantly to a level 75 elite Smile
Danteeva
Danteeva
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Im thinking option 2 would be the better idea. The increases participation would be very welcomed to those who want more opportunity to PVP. Zero does have a point, but i think it should be added (if added) as an option. That way if someone doesn't want to, they are not forced to use it. WIth all of the changes, some of the former suggestions should be revisted. Good suggestion regardless Rengar.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Yes, that have addressed most my issues, except the payout issue, say patrol gives me 7str/7int, this gives me 10str/10int, + I'd have to search all over Kyoto for it. Only reason I'd do that if it doesn't use any pools, and if that IS the case, I still wouldn't run out in Kyoto without any pools.
I still think it isn't worth it for training purposes, though it might work for money making(I.E 1mil/devour or special items given after devouring a certain amount of hoomans. Maybe even be upgradable items and the souls of humans given as a third currency just to upgrade said items), though if you ask me, too much coding. XD
Rage
Rage
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:53 am

Id say have 5 blue squares in kyoto that represent humans of interesting Spiritual pressure that attracts the hollows and reason to guard over them if a shini since they are being targeted by Hungry hungry hollows but these humans arent no lifers so they move around ever minute or 2 If you catch my drift the 5 squares will be at a random point every minute or 2
Greed
Greed
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:50 am

In addition to that I believe that sending yourself out to the warzone is enough but for it to make you become a sitting duck by using pools so as mention before I think its best to have a set amount. The set amount should be equal to the amount of feeds you would be able to do at that lvl for your rank so say a lvl 70 hollow can do 10 feeds in hueco mundo at full pools that will be the amount you can feed on human souls in KC and a reset time should also be based on how long it takes for a user to repool
Greed
Greed
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 am

I like it and its worth a shot. Right now there needs to be more of a reward function in the game to make kc worth the risk. Right now I can only get roughly 12 arenas worth of stats if I do Survival battles perfectly 3 times. Making arena's and worth the same unless I get a lucky during arena which makes it worth more. Plus we really do not have enough pve content anyways
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonin Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Well the benefit to KC is 2AP per minute Jean, but Greed, to add to your thought, Make it so it doesn't appear at all on the travel screen, but on the search screen, and like a player, so you would only be able to see them if they are in your scan range. Just a suggestion, but it would make it a lot more like hunting rather than just sprinting to the location and then to the next.
lyonin
lyonin
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Lyonin
Title: Rogue
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo_Cryptus Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:59 pm

i like option 2