World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced RP Elements

3 posters

Go down

Advanced RP Elements Empty Advanced RP Elements

Post by jetxtreme Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:53 am

I know that this is sort of a free rp site on bleach. But I'm just wondering, what if some elements of most rp sites would be implemented here such as finishing quests which would be rewarded by experience and some monetary value, having character stats and training them by filling up a certain number of words, ...etc.

Well just speaking my mind anyway.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Ashikaga Shinku
Title: Renegade Shinigami
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Advanced RP Elements Empty Re: Advanced RP Elements

Post by straywolf174 Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:47 am

As much as I love variety, that sort of thing isn't suited for us. To start, this is not a forum centered on Roleplay. It's an RPG forum with a roleplay board by Player demmand. Not only do we lack the necessary numbers to execute such an idea, we also lack the staff to keep it going. Myself and Seto can only do so much without Lyo and Hitori backing us. Not to mention the fact that this forum's style of Rp wouldn't be suited for such a thing. We work with character development and plot. Our skills and tact decides how far our characters actually go. "Advanced" or no, not everyone needs such tallies to be recognized, just good old fashioned talent. If a squad member challenged Setoku Shinamori, for instance, the odds would be painfully obvious - but in the hand of a skilled writer, they would at least escape and to some degree afflict a minor wound. This alone would be acomplishment. Nobody needs stats to know this, and no amount of records will put one person in front of another.

In basic terms, what i'm saying is I highly doubt this will take off. If you want a stat based rp, go back to the game or some other Bleach RP, because you're asking for more of an ultimatum when it comes to Roleplaying, which makes the entire show a bore when you know exactly what's what.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert
Race: Hollow

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:31 am

A'right! That's perfectly understandable Stray.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:01 pm

I think what Jet is offering up here went right over your head there Stray..... And Jet, that was what the Board was going to originally start out as. Rolling Dice for stats (hence the option for the dice.) and quests for boosting elements. And while Stray is half right on the skills over stats, the stats also reduced the chances of dying by say, some one like Ichi one shoting Setoku. Thus I had it removed. Because I think death can and will occur in any fight. I also removed the post limits because at that time, me and Lyo were the only decent posters. And I wanted (and still want) everyone to have a shot.

So Jet, while I personally love the idea, right now we do indeed lack the scale of rpers to warrant quests and stats. Not too mention a post limit or amount (just yet, anyway.) but when we get back to that point, you'll be the first to know :D
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 am

Ah that would be excellent. Though yeah I think I really had requested too much on that post.

Hmmm...is Lsm interested in getting this rp board active though? Because if he is I have another thing in mind but that would depend on Lsm's interest.

As of now, how about some mini events like an attack of some unknown race that anyone can participate on, or a mini competition, etc.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:23 am

It's not that it went over my head Seto, I just don't think it's worth it at this current time. A posting limit of 200 words or higher wouldn't be too hard if one were to add in some sense of description. I personally HATE one liners, especially one with just speech as a reply. I mean, what the hell was your character doing while talking to mine?!
Anyway, mini activities sound fun...though what requires Lsm, Jet? I'm curious.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Something like an event where rp'ing here would give some mini rewards on the game. thought I'm still thinking if that would really help him earn or something. I don't know.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

I see no gain for Lsm, and while I do enjoy the idea...I feel like alot of players would take advantage and find loop holes, or just post crappy RP replies, etc.

I know i'm a moderator and I should encourage others but if the person won't bother to even try, i'm not going to bother teaching them. Besides, transfer of the reward (ex. How the voting goes, certain number of replies equals fair amount of souls\yen for the day,) could be hard, I think.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:45 pm

I'm actually thinking of substantial rp posts that perhaps would have a minimum amount of words and is actually meant to follow a story plot. For example, a low ranked mission that requires a certain amount of words to complete and should narrate about defeating certain enemies from a certain place. Something like that, though as you mentioned, that would need an active mod activity since a lot would more likely participate.

Anyway I'm good with the mini event for now. If you can come up with such events for perhaps at least once or twice a month. Roles would of course depend on a character's race or some other condition as you prefer.

jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm sure me and Seto could figure out something.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 pm

ah that would be great stray! Looking forward for the first mini event Wink
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:02 pm

I just messaged Seto about it. When things are figured out I'll let you know through a new thread containing the possible mini event(s) and such. I want to do seven per month. Little things that characters can go through, involving NPC's, other characters that are listed as temporary supports, etc.
Perhaps it can relate to seasons too at some point. This of course is all very early planning, and may take a bit of time, but just know that i'm working on it with flea-kun.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Alright! And wow seven per month would be great! I hope that would bring more RPers here to make this room livelier. But anyway there would always be me and the other active RPers for the events.

Kudos for you Stray and Seto!
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

....Seven a month. Pffft e.e;

Five tiny events, one minor and one major. Seven all together. Let a gal dream.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content