World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174!

+2
Setoku
Maximillion
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174!

Post by Maximillion Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:09 am

@Jack: The goal was for me to see the Staff less as tyrannical gestapo (and more as human beings), and for staff to begin looking at me less as someone to slap an Official Warning or Ban on, and to actually treat me like a human being, and not like I'm a Jew in Nazi Germany. It was for Staff to stop going "submit a Support Ticket", when they know by now that Levi and Hitori are just going to support whatever was decided by the Mods/Admin. Whether it's with everyone, or just in cases involving me, that's what we have seen, and even today - Christmas Day - was no different.

@Setoku: I am almost there. A few more instances of Peacekeeper/Thought-Police/Staff Brutality, and I will literally stop giving a damn about the future of WoB, and let the trolls, haters and abusers have it to themselves, with their "conform or die" policies.

It should've clicked in my head from the beginning: telling immature staff that they are, in fact, immature? It's like calling a KKK Member "Filthy Bigot" when you're one person surrounded by, like, a dozen of them!

In that sense, I did bring this on myself.

...just a little longer, and they will hammer out every bit of concern or compassion I have for what few good people remain on WoB, and it will be up to someone bigger, stronger, and FAR more charismatic than me to bring positive change to WoB.

Assuming, of course, that such a person doesn't - like anyone with brains would - pivot on their heel and go back out the door, once they see the clawing, grasping hands crawling along the floor, ready to drag them to Hell...

A more clever man than I? He wouldn't have needed things to escalate to this point, to see it for what it is. He wouldn't have tried to take Staff aside and talk to them as human beings, nor would he have argued against rough-handedness on the part of the Staff. He would've said:

http://puu.sh/t17zY/a57074cb34.jpg
Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174! - Page 2 A57074cb34

and left well before Week 3.
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Maximillion VonMitternacht
Title:
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations, Setoku and Straywolf174!

Post by straywolf174 Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:34 am

It was stated before, but your goal has gone from the betterment of the rpg/rp to the slander of the staff - and that's definitley the time to stop and take a hard look at yourself. I don't celebrate christmas, so I have no problem being online and telling someone how much of an arse their being to other people (as an arse myself, I feel I know one when I see one) but what about you?

You have a relationship and from what you tell me, you know a lot of other writers and gamers besides us. Why not spend the night with them and have fun? Why go through all this trouble over a game that does nothing but upset you?

I stayed on WoB and the forums because while I acknowledge it's flaws the nostalgia keeps me, and a few players appreciate me just as much as I do them. You do not have either of those, according to the bullying and whining you've been doing. What's more, judging from all your topics, you've not attempted so much as a simple hi before deciding to shriek at every possible moment a staff makes a decision you don't like.

I said this before - but at this point, where you're standing, it's better to just accept "defeat" (since it seems to be an all out war to you) and find a better game. You're nothing more than another player, and unfortunatley, that's all you are to almost all of us. A player. One that whines, and cannot understand the big picture of things.

I agreed with some points you made, and thought that you might be a very good public speaker, but it turns out you use fancy words and analogies to hide your childish mindset and I'm deeply disappointed in what this parade has become.

Grow up, enjoy your holidays, and find a better place. Both in your state of mind, and the online world.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert
Race: Hollow

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:53 am

"Grow Up" = Slang for "lose your idealism, stop trying to affect change, and accept things as you see them now. Find a way to fit in, to suffer minimal friction."

Nothing is 'fancy' about my words, nor my analogies. I hide nothing, because - let's be frank here - I don't have the kinds of skeletons in my closet that make me unable to bring my all to a showdown, out of fear of having things used against me.The kinds of people who barely have a sentence or two to offer you, it's usually because you'd catch a glimpse of something, if they were ever to take the time to really let their hair down and show you their true selves.

I wonder, though: if I yell at someone every time they randomly slap me in the face, and they keep doing it, and after each time, I yell at them....at what point does it get twisted, in the eyes of onlookers, as though I'm being slapped for yelling at someone, in a way that is both just and righteous; at what point do people forget the order in which events occurred?

If my short WoB career has taught me anything, ↑ it's that this kind of transition is pretty instantaneous.

Really disappointed that you've succumbed to the spin that the person bullying and overreacting is me and me alone. As clever as some are, the way they can spin a situation (and give someone enough rope to hang themselves), I never pegged you for someone who would succumb to that kind of skullduggery.

For the record, it's rather disrespectful to nitpick at, and criticize, one's diction. Whether I use hithertos and henceforths, or "i tyep liek dis", I would truly hope someone would have more to pick at - if they truly disliked me - than the way I talk, or the views I have expressed.

I don't deny that, at some point, I gave up on trying to take the higher road, and - realizing my audience - I began stooping to the same lowly antics that were being used on me. I could say "I saw that my way wasn't working", but let's not be dishonest: I just got tired of facing down so much BS, and putting so much effort into being cordial, I couldn't be bothered to do it - at least, as much - anymore.

Due to my stature, I didn't really get picked on a lot in school; had I been smaller, I know that my difficulty with social cues and context would have made me a much more juicy target, had I been small enough to push around. Once in awhile, I would stand up for a smaller dude who was being bullied (by someone of my stature, or greater), and all I'd get for stepping in between the two.... is told to "f*** off" by the smaller dude who was about to get his teeth bashed down his throat.

On the internet, 'size' - it would seem - is determined by how much clout, and administrative privilege you have on a Message Board, Browser MMO, etc. It doesn't matter who you are elsewhere - you could be Will Smith IRL, and it wouldn't matter - but who you are where the conversations take place, that determines your 'size'.

Being 'small', without administrative privilege or clout, lets me see just who the 'big' people are, who exert their size and strength over others. Some of you, who spent YEARS with these people, aren't intimidated, because you probably have dirt on them (whether you realize it or not), and that makes you pretty damn big in the eyes of onlookers, however small (or insignificant) some of you may feel from time to time.

But...I wouldn't change a thing. When I zip my lip, and try to conform, the tension builds until it erupts in the form of a meltdown. When I speak my mind, it practically paints a target on my chest and back, and I 'get to enjoy' being the butt end of an endless joke with no punchline.

All that could happen, is what has happened. All that might differ is how I acted/reacted, but it wouldn't have made WoB any nicer a place for a newbie like me.
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:12 am

Maximillion wrote:"Grow Up" = Slang for "lose your idealism, stop trying to affect change, and accept things as you see them now. Find a way to fit in, to suffer minimal friction."

Grow up equals nothing of the sort. The very definition of "growing up" is to reach a better understanding of the world around you and the tools at your disposal. It is gaining insight, maturity - things you're portraying yourself to lack. I'm not saying you aren't mature. I'm saying you're going about all of this in such an awful way that it makes you seem more closed minded than the staff you rant about.

Maximillion wrote:
Nothing is 'fancy' about my words, nor my analogies. I hide nothing, because - let's be frank here - I don't have the kinds of skeletons in my closet that make me unable to bring my all to a showdown, out of fear of having things used against me.The kinds of people who barely have a sentence or two to offer you, it's usually because you'd catch a glimpse of something, if they were ever to take the time to really let their hair down and show you their true selves.

A large vocabulary is a good thing to have, but there's a common word I like to use on top of communication and that is perception. What you may see as a normal way of speaking and debating, another may not. This ties into what we talked about in another one of your threads, remember?

I'm not sure what you mean passed the comment about fanciness. I don't particularly care about your lack of skeletons, but I am sorry that you don't have any. They make wonderful decoration pieces...and the comment about people offering no more than a sentence or two? Different people require different amounts of effort, and you can't ever force anyone to like you. I personally go out of my way to be disliked, but it seems you - like a lot of folks - never get the hint. Ironic, huh?

Maximillion wrote:
I wonder, though: if I yell at someone every time they randomly slap me in the face, and they keep doing it, and after each time, I yell at them....at what point does it get twisted, in the eyes of onlookers, as though I'm being slapped for yelling at someone, in a way that is both just and righteous; at what point do people forget the order in which events occurred?

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about, and is only focussing the spot light on you. I've read this, and acknowledge what you wrote - but just know that I'm also skipping over it for the sake of conversation. In the future, should you debate with someone - stick with your points and leave out the self-pity. It makes you sound disorganized and desperate, like earlier.

Maximillion wrote:
If my short WoB career has taught me anything, ↑ it's that this kind of transition is pretty instantaneous.

Skipped.

Maximillion wrote:
Really disappointed that you've succumbed to the spin that the person bullying and overreacting is me and me alone. As clever as some are, the way they can spin a situation (and give someone enough rope to hang themselves), I never pegged you for someone who would succumb to that kind of skullduggery.

I did not say you were the only one involved in the unfair treatment, nor did I say that what I did share with you as far as opinions go has died. Making assumptions about people - especially me - is probably the absolute worst thing to do in any conversation because it clouds your judgment and ruins your ability to discern. Keep that in mind for the future, if you can.

I did not succumb. I stated from the beginning I agreed at some points, disagreed at others - and supported the parts I agreed with. I also stated my amount of tolerance and care was low, and that I did not fully ever support you in the things I did not agree with. How on earth did I succumb to anything? If I feel something is right I'll say it, and if I feel something is wrong - I'll also say it. Don't feel attacked just because I'm not on your side this time.

Maximillion wrote:
For the record, it's rather disrespectful to nitpick at, and criticize, one's diction. Whether I use hithertos and henceforths, or "i tyep liek dis", I would truly hope someone would have more to pick at - if they truly disliked me - than the way I talk, or the views I have expressed.

I did not nitpick or criticise, as I have also stated before that I appreciate your use of words. However, it's clear that people can use their vocabulary in a way that is - through structure of an argument - unflattering. I am not criticizing your diction, dear, I'm criticizing your change in behavior and overall shift in tone.

Going so far as to take my comments as an insult and then later mock someone else's] possible diction makes your point ring dull and lifeless in my eyes. Moving on.

Maximillion wrote:
I don't deny that, at some point, I gave up on trying to take the higher road, and - realizing my audience - I began stooping to the same lowly antics that were being used on me. I could say "I saw that my way wasn't working", but let's not be dishonest: I just got tired of facing down so much BS, and putting so much effort into being cordial, I couldn't be bothered to do it - at least, as much - anymore.

Uh huh.

Maximillion wrote:
Due to my stature, I didn't really get picked on a lot in school; had I been smaller, I know that my difficulty with social cues and context would have made me a much more juicy target, had I been small enough to push around. Once in awhile, I would stand up for a smaller dude who was being bullied (by someone of my stature, or greater), and all I'd get for stepping in between the two.... is told to "f*** off" by the smaller dude who was about to get his teeth bashed down his throat.

...yep.

Maximillion wrote:
On the internet, 'size' - it would seem - is determined by how much clout, and administrative privilege you have on a Message Board, Browser MMO, etc. It doesn't matter who you are elsewhere - you could be Will Smith IRL, and it wouldn't matter - but who you are where the conversations take place, that determines your 'size'.

I think that's a matter of opinion. I've been a member and occasional moderator on roleplay forums who's members liked to walk all over staff. Others, members were considered apart of staff as far as the creation team (but without certain privileges obviously) and even in others, I've seen staff have very little to dictate them being staff at all just so they could be like the members.

This is not to say I haven't seen my fair share of injustice. You'd be surprised how sensitive and stupid writers can get - but again, I've seen enough good to consider your statement an opinion and nothing more. I'm sorry you've never experienced a good staff team. I really am. It sucks when you can't depend on those you're supposed to depend on, but you know...the trick to getting over that is to just stop depending on them.

Maximillion wrote:
Being 'small', without administrative privilege or clout, lets me see just who the 'big' people are, who exert their size and strength over others. Some of you, who spent YEARS with these people, aren't intimidated, because you probably have dirt on them (whether you realize it or not), and that makes you pretty damn big in the eyes of onlookers, however small (or insignificant) some of you may feel from time to time.

But...I wouldn't change a thing. When I zip my lip, and try to conform, the tension builds until it erupts in the form of a meltdown. When I speak my mind, it practically paints a target on my chest and back, and I 'get to enjoy' being the butt end of an endless joke with no punchline.

*sips her coffee and nods*

Maximillion wrote:All that could happen, is what has happened. All that might differ is how I acted/reacted, but it wouldn't have made WoB any nicer a place for a newbie like me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

- WoB has come along way since 2010
- It's been through up's and down's
- I and a lot of other experienced members acknowledge both it's short comings and praises, unlike you
- I agree that it still has a long way to go
- I'm happy to wait and see where it goes, be it even better or even worse depending on people's opinions
- While I acknowledge it has some major flaws, it's not nearly as bad as you have been recently making it out to be
- I think the problem here is you're comparing your large array of experiences to a new game and thus the game and it's community do not meet your expectations
- I think you also need to wait a bit and meet more likeminded people such as yourself before judging it fully
- If you cannot handle that, then I think either sticking to the RP here or finding a new community is better
- What you shouldn't be doing is turning your peaceful speeches of change into attacks at members and staff; that will get you nowhere
- Good luck with whatever you do in the future, including with the reply you write below me
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:17 pm

You're right, I do compare it to past communities and online spaces. I think it's difficult to look at something and analyze it, without using knowledge or experience or insight you've gleaned elsewhere to learn about it. Raw analysis is POSSIBLE ("this is red", "this is smooth", "this is warm to the touch"), but I know I don't do that a lot. Much of how I view the world, is as each individual thing compares to the GOOD, the BAD, the BEAUTOFUL and the UGLY I've seen in similar things, AS WELL AS what a thing is, as a standalone object.

I like the grid. I like the idea of raising my character (whichever one I happen to be playing) through the ranks, growing said characters, and seeing the new content that becomes available as I rank up. I like the Equipment, and Evolution/Armory shop system (mostly), and I like that there is more than one way for my character to grow, or raise their stats.

As a single player game, I've thoroughly enjoyed the grid, high prices and Pay-to-Win Shards system aside. The system is very well thought out, and so long as I never ascend to Rank 5, there aren't many grievances I have with the game.

When I go into Social, that's a different story, and one I've reiterated enough times for even *ME* to get tired of hearing/repeating. I don't get stimulating conversation, I don't get left alone when people notice it's me in Chat (like how Getsuga could never catch a break while he was there). I can ask "I might've missed if you said something, please PM me?", make a Skype Group, or a Discord Group, and I'll NEVER get a ping in my Inbox, nor the Groups I made to try and encourage a little comeradery amongst we who want something a bit more from our conversations.

Of late, I only get a few posts in Social (harmless and harmful identically) before I'm 24-hour Banned again, so maybe it's time I concede that there IS no "Social" for me to enjoy on WoB. I didn't get any Thought Provoking conversation (largely to bored Mods going "Change of Subject" if chatter left memes and LoL and console games) until I came to the forums.

Afro, SuperQuestion64, Vizaryll/Jack and Ryoma are amongst a VERY small few who seem able to take interest on what OTHER PEOPLE may be feeling, or thinking about, but it's near impossible to elicit a PM out of them as well.

So, maybe it's time I play the Grid (up until just before r5), reset each time I max out r4, and just keep all conversation to the Forums.

So far, when I've used that approach, my time was spent rather peacefully and enjoyably.
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by DariusOfNoxus Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Maximillion wrote:You're right, I do compare it to past communities and online spaces. I think it's difficult to look at something and analyze it, without using knowledge or experience or insight you've gleaned elsewhere to learn about it. Raw analysis is POSSIBLE ("this is red", "this is smooth", "this is warm to the touch"), but I know I don't do that a lot. Much of how I view the world, is as each individual thing compares to the GOOD, the BAD, the BEAUTOFUL and the UGLY I've seen in similar things, AS WELL AS what a thing is, as a standalone object.

I like the grid. I like the idea of raising my character (whichever one I happen to be playing) through the ranks, growing said characters, and seeing the new content that becomes available as I rank up. I like the Equipment, and Evolution/Armory shop system (mostly), and I like that there is more than one way for my character to grow, or raise their stats.

As a single player game, I've thoroughly enjoyed the grid, high prices and Pay-to-Win Shards system aside. The system is very well thought out, and so long as I never ascend to Rank 5, there aren't many grievances I have with the game.

When I go into Social, that's a different story, and one I've reiterated enough times for even *ME* to get tired of hearing/repeating. I don't get stimulating conversation, I don't get left alone when people notice it's me in Chat (like how Getsuga could never catch a break while he was there). I can ask "I might've missed if you said something, please PM me?", make a Skype Group, or a Discord Group, and I'll NEVER get a ping in my Inbox, nor the Groups I made to try and encourage a little comeradery amongst we who want something a bit more from our conversations.

Of late, I only get a few posts in Social (harmless and harmful identically) before I'm 24-hour Banned again, so maybe it's time I concede that there IS no "Social" for me to enjoy on WoB. I didn't get any Thought Provoking conversation (largely to bored Mods going "Change of Subject" if chatter left memes and LoL and console games) until I came to the forums.

Afro, SuperQuestion64, Vizaryll/Jack and Ryoma are amongst a VERY small few who seem able to take interest on what OTHER PEOPLE may be feeling, or thinking about, but it's near impossible to elicit a PM out of them as well.

So, maybe it's time I play the Grid (up until just before r5), reset each time I max out r4, and just keep all conversation to the Forums.

So far, when I've used that approach, my time was spent rather peacefully and enjoyably.

Could you drop the victim complex act for a second and see your actions from just another perspective for a second to see how bloated your ego is? All the instances YOU have entered the chat has been to whine, troll or otherwise parrot people's behaviour in order to seem more 'acceptable'. Trust me, it isn't working. You're banned probably because you have done of those three things in excess to the point that somebody saw a legit reason to report you and so they did. Me in question and I don't regret it one bit since you are rather disruptive and quite frankly.. a negative influence when you do those actions. So I dunno why you keep reaching for something but then again who am I to judge?
DariusOfNoxus
DariusOfNoxus
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Darius is right. Not only did you choose to ignore nearly everything I said against your previous posts, but you're also playing the same cards from said previous posts, and to no avail. Open your eyes Max, you're not exactly making a transition from community issues to enjoyable content easy on yourself.

Maximillion wrote:

Also, WoB is not a pay to win system.
A pay to win system means you absolutely have no way of gaining needed content in order to advance your character. WoB's items are high priced because the point of it is to do a lot of AI's and PvP's in order to grow stronger and access stronger material. Doing twenty five AI a day won't cut it, and just because it's something everone does, grinding is never a bad thing to do should you have the time to do so. That's what a game like WoB is all about. Furthermore, shards only exsist to make grinding faster, or make your account look pretty via name changes and so on.

1. A normal zanpakuto can beat a custom one
2. A person with no aura can become someone on top 10 (I remember DarkSage did it and I don't think he ever interacted with social or bought an aura during that time)
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2