World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit.

Go down

The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit. Empty The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit.

Post by Setoku Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Chapter One: Birth of a Monster

This is the Story of the 8th Espada, considered by many to be the leader of the current "Pure" Espada - Though this is an untruth, there is a reason the man rests at the highest echelons of power within' the current Espada - This is his story, from a Ronin Samurai of little notoriety, too a Wolf of Mibu of great fame, to a monster who ended up relying on the kindness of a Human to survive the harsh reality's of ancient Japan... This is his Story.......

First we began by explaining a group he had joined years before his death - This group would rise to fame in the Bakumatsu - The Meiji revolution of Japan - The Shinsengumi, the Wolves of Mibuoro...

After the elimination of Tonouchi Yoshio and his third faction, the group was composed of just two factions: Serizawa's Mito group and Kondō Isami's Shieikan members, both based in the Mibu neighborhood of Kyoto. The ronin group submitted a letter to the Aizu clan requesting permission to police Kyoto, and to counteract revolutionaries who supported the emperor against the Tokugawa shogunate. Among the ronin of this group, was a young, fresh faced child originally from the Edo area of Japan, Their request was granted.

On September 30 (lunar calendar August 18), the Chōshū clan were forced out of the imperial court by the Tokugawa regime, the Aizu clan and the Satsuma clan. All members of the Mibu Rōshigumi were sent to aid Aizu and help keep Chōshū out of the imperial court by guarding its gates. This caused a power shift in the political arena in Kyoto, from the extreme anti-Tokugawa Chōshū forces to the pro-Tokugawa Aizu forces. The new name "Shinsengumi" was said to have been given to the group by either the imperial court or Matsudaira Katamori (the daimyo of the Aizu clan) for their job in guarding the gates.

The Ikedaya Affair of 1864

This was the day the Choshu rebellion, leading a fight against the current Tokugawa Shogunate, had met at a hotel in the eves, in the capital city of Kyoto. As the leaders of this rebellion convened, the hotel manage had run upstairs, forcing open the rice paper door, a look of pure horror on his face, his eyes wide, and oddly, blood running down his chin.

"Wo---Wolves... of... M....Mibu..."

The man suddenly jerked forward, and fell in between the circle of men - Where the man once stood, was a boy - His dark black hair and dark brown eyes falling in heavy contrast with his blue haori, white undershirt, and black Hakama. Around his chest was tasuki, a cord that tied around his body and held the sleeves of his undershirt up, so they would not fall and interfere with the sword he was wielding. A solid black katana, minus the silver-looking edge was seen in his grasp. At the left of his hip rested two red sayas - The Katana and ceremonial wakizashi. He slowly stepped in the room, and a mass of heads appeared behind his shoulders. Suddenly, two men walked in to stand next too him. The Isshin Shishi eye's widened, it was the Captains of the 1st squad, Okita Souji and 3rd Squad, Saitou Hajime. The boy in the middle smiled, before licking the blood from the tip of his blade.

"Greets, Isshin Shishi of Chousu, I am Shinamori Setoku.... Your existence violates the creed of my Third Squad... Aku... Soku... Zen." (Lit: Slay Evil Immediately.)

The Boy suddenly jumped forward, and a scream echoed through the hotel. Civilians on the outside looked up toward the scream, seeing a mass of Shadows cover the rice paper windows - illuminated by candles in the background. Suddenly, a man jumped through the paper, falling two stories, and actually landing on his feet. He had long black hair, and was dressed in purple on black Kamishimo. It was one of the Hitokiris! People moved aside, gasping in surprise. Suddenly, another person jumped from the same hole as the Hitokiri, his blade drawn as he stumbled as he hit the ground, and ran after him - It was Setoku. The Ronin Hitokiri turned down a alley way, tossing over a road-side fruit stand and jumping over a low wall into a wider alley. Setoku dove over the upturned stand, following closely behind. The Hitokiri came to a halt, the alley way was a dead end! He turned to face the boy, and slowly Drew his blade. He eyed the boy as the boy Jumped the last bit, his sword held high - This Shinsengumi was determined to end his life before he could warn his fellow patriots of what was going on. The Hitokiri drew his blade back, before stabbing forward, jamming the blade into the boys throat. The boy hit the ground like a sack of rocks, and blood seem to surround his body rather quickly. The Hitokiri pulled his blade from the boy's throat, and turned his sword sideways, cleaning it off, before speaking softly.

"Shinamori Setoku, Lieutenant of the Shinsengumi Third Squad - I bear you no grudge. Forgive me... For killing your wife, and kids, and now... You. But this is war..."

The Hitokiri bowed his head to the boy, before running off. Setoku slowly watched as the Hitokiri ran off, it was him.... But it didn't matter. His vision was turning black, before suddenly, a paw? Seemed to land on his shoulder, and a twisted voice seem to speak from the blackness.

"Do you want to avenge your family, boy? Do you seek the power to over-turn this rebel attack and save japan, avenge the ones you love? Then allow us to devour your soul... We can give this power... Wolf... of Mibu."

Setoku tried to speak, tried to say "Please." but all that came out was gurgle, as blood splattered from his mouth, covering his chin and shirt. He finally managed to shake his head - And suddenly, felt... weightless. He reached up, feeling his throat. There was no more hole there... Reaching down, he suddenly felt cold steel on his hand. Looking down, he noticed something odd - Not only was he semi-transparent... but there was a chain erupting from his chest - And it seemed to be... eating itself? He looked up, and realized there was a giant... Wolf? Yes, what looked like a wolf standing in front of him. His face seemed to be made of bone, and his body fur less, and massive. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. Turning his head, he realized there were thousands of pink and green body beings, all with white masks - Seemingly made of bone - covering their faces. And they... They were eating him alive!! He screamed - And suddenly, the teeth of the wolf closed around his neck, and everything... fell silent.

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit. Empty Re: The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit.

Post by Setoku Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:09 am

Chapter Two: Rise of Darkness

The evening seem to come quick, as Setoku opened his eyes. It was... so dark. Not a single star in the sky. He flexed his hands - And they felt... larger, tipped. He turned his head to the side, and stared at his hand, before he let out a scream. It came out twisted... and broken. This wasn't his voice... He pulled up the clawed talon, as sand seemed to rush off it, as in from an hourglass, and pouring into the sand on the ground. Wait... sand? He shot up, looking down first at his body. It was.... twisted. It was colorful, and his feet and hands ended in talons. Over where his heart was... was a hole. Clean through too the other side. His eyes widened, as he reached up to feel his face - It was... smooth. Hard. Like a soft stone, or an exposed.... bone. He suddenly panicked, jumping up from the sand, and focusing on the sky above. Nothing - It seemed an eternal greenish-black hue. His eyes continued tracing the sky, and he saw it. A crescent moon... As if bolted into the sky. It never shifted position, and seemed to sit there as if by magical force. Suddenly, an odd pressure came over him, forcing him to his knees. Was he... was he drowning?!

"It seems your love of Wolves went unheeded by the gods, Wolf of Mibu.... you seem more akin to a bat.... or a bird of sometime"

Setoku froze, he recognized that voice. It was deep, evil, twisted. It was the wolf from earlier. Setoku turned on his heel, glaring at the strange wolf-demon ahead of him. It seemed to be smiling, yet it's eyes were rage filled. A deep amber color.

"Wha-what do you mean, beast?! You promised me power!!!"

Setoku cried, his knee's still feeling wobbly. The pressure on his body was like thousands of pounds of water. What was this feeling?

"You feel as if you're drowning. That is understandable... Wolf of Mibu. Shinamori Setoku... you are destined for great things, and in time, you will learn your power. You may feel weak as such, but given time, you will grow to be one of the few..."

Setoku tilted his head. One of the few? Few what?

"Wh-what are you trying to say?!"

"Simple, Boy. You will be one of the few, Vasto Lorde... the strongest... of us Hollow. And you will serve me... The King of Hueco Mundo. My name... Is Lobo Oscuras.."

Lobo Os-ku-razz? Setoku had heard these words... never used together. When the men came on the black ships, they spoke in a tongue similar. Was this all an elaborate trap by them?! Had they used their barbarian magick to trap Setoku in a form and world unknown to him?! No... no, that wasn't possible. Setoku shook his head, before coming down on one knee. He would submit now, and try and figure out the rest as he went along.

"Ye...Yes, Daimyo Oscuras Lobo."

The wolf turned his back on the Samurai, heading in a new direction.

"Your personality dominates the ones who consumed you. We Adjuchas can tell when one is destined for our ranks... And a Vasto Lorde can tell you were destined for the highest echelon of power. You will taste it soon. Don't not give in to the Malice in your mind, do not forget your past memories... they will aid you... In the times to come. Until then, avenge your soul. And kill the man who brought this curse upon you."

The wolf's tail seemed to stab literally into the sky, as the sound of something zippering up echoed through the barren wasteland, and the sky literally tore open.

"Take this portal back to the Bakumatsu, and destroy the one who did this to you. When you reach Adjuchas, seek me, or my right hand, the Stray Wolf of the Desert out, one of us will guide you on your final path...."

Setoku stared at the portal, as the sound of something echoing was heard - And when he turned to face his lord, he was gone? Setoku slowly walked into the portal, before stepping in, his world about too change.

------A Few Years later. (Most of what happened is covered in "The Rise of the Dragon" RP done by me and Ava, as such, I will skip this part.)-------

Setoku howled as the air of Hueco Mundo rushed around him. His target? A lone Shinigami female. What was she doing in Hueco Mundo? Unknown, but Shinigami souls fed his power. Setoku, an Adjuchas now, seemed to take the form of a massive bat. Long fangs, leathery wings, and a Bone Mask with purple lines under the eyes. He brought his wings in, and was closing the distance between them. Suddenly, a wolf popped out from behind a dune, and fired off a Cero in his direction. Setoku veered right, but the tip of his wing took a direct hit, causing him to spiral toward the ground. The young Shinigami girl drew her blade, and spun on her heel, before a twisted, female voice echoed from the dune the Cero had come from.

"Wolf, no. Leave the flea be. He was no concern to us"

The girl seemed to light up, turning on her heel, and running to the wolf-like Adjuchas. Setoku glared in both girls direction, before a voice echoed in his head.

"When you reach Adjuchas stage... Seek me, or my right hand, the Stray Wolf of the Desert out..."

Setoku growled, as the two disappeared over the dune. He would not bother - If this was indeed the Stray Wolf, her weakness in taking a Shinigami on as a friend was duly noted. Then again, Setoku had pretty much done the same thing, even turning a Human into one on purpose... but that wasn't important. Setoku flipped up, and begun walking through the desert. One of his wings burned through by the Cero. He folded them back behind him - Spotting a Dragon Hollow a few hundred yards away. Well, he didn't catch the Shinigami, but he would manage too make a meal of this beast. He shot forward, as a scream echoed through the barren wasteland...

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit. Empty ~ Book Two: The Begging of the Espada ~

Post by Setoku Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Chapter Three: The End of All Hope.

"Setoku-kun... I understand you were with them from the begging, but please, my love... Do not go!"

The girl placed a hand on Setoku's cheek, caressing it softly. It was his wife; a woman who had come to Japan on a Black Ship. Shinamori Isabella. Hanging from her back was a Nagi-nata, the customary weapon of the Female warriors of Aizu. She wore a pink Kimono, and her other arm was wrapped around his waist. He too had his arms coiled around her waist, and was pulling her close to him.

"Forgive me, Isabella-chan. I love you, with all my heart, my wife. You came from lands unknown, and stole my heart with a tenacity no woman from Japan could. You fight, and kill, as I do. And accept it, allow me to do this, my love... For us, for our... child."

His eyes shifted to the side, gazing at a crib where a babies hand was raised, trying to reach for their father, or mother. Setoku pulled Isabella closer, and said a few words softly, slowly.

"Do not mourn my leaving. After we drain these Rebels from Ikedaya, I will return, and a hero. We will keep this nation the way it is... Never forget me... Isabella..."

He pressed his lips softly to hers. Something odd about Isabella, though, she looked like that cursed Sinner of the same name.... And his love... Wait... her name wasn't Isabella! She didn't come from over-seas! Her name was Fujiwara...!

Setoku shot up from the stone of the cave floor, breathing heavily. Sweat dripping off his forehead. He had just completed his steps to Espada. Her legs wrapped around his own, her arms around his waist, was Fujiwara-chan. The Hollow he had took under his wing when he condemned that damned Isabella to hell, to follow his former teacher's path. But why was he dreaming of his mortal wife? And why was he calling her Isabella? She even looked more like Isabella than Fujiwara had looked like his wife. Was this some sort of sign? Was Isabella still alive? Was she coming for him? No, there was no way. No doubt, she was devoured by the Demons of Hell. He felt a soft squeeze around his waist, as Fujiwara pressed her lips to his bare stomach, speaking softly.

"Setoku-sama? Are you alright? Are we under attack?"

Setoku looked down at her, in her new state, she looked more like his wife than ever, her mask particles did nothing to take away from her beauty. He placed his hand on top of her head, leaning down so their heads touched.

"No, my love... Just a... Just a bad dream."

He pressed his lips to her own, but at the back of his mind, that dream... unsettled him. Why had his mortal wife looked like Isabella? And why was he even dreaming of his mortal life? It was hundreds of years ago! His wife was dead.... And his son, while claimed dead by the Hitokiri, had lived and passed on the secrets of the Hirazuki to many, and his mortal line yet still flourished. So why was he dreaming of it again? Was it a premonition? Or just a sign of the times? He shook his head, pulling his lips from Fujiwara's, and smiling softly to her, wrapping his fingers around her chin.

"This... will most likely be our last night together, like this. Let's spend it... together, and happy, shall we, my love?"

Fujiwara blushed deeply, before pulling herself up his chest, their lips firmly pressing together, as she fell atop his body.

About a Week Later;

Fujiwara and Setoku walked slowly now, heading down the final Dune hill toward the ruins of Las Noches. Lobo Oscuras had summoned them here - Where Setoku last bit Fujiwara, the tattoo of the Seven had appeared instead of a bite wound, or hicci. Showing he was the one in command of her, and her rank. Why was he allowed such? According to the King, it was because he had had a hand in her creation. But there was more to it than that. More to it Setoku was not told, but he swore to himself he would find out. Suddenly, Fujiwara's voice broke his thoughts, as they nimbly stepped over the corpse of a fallen Hollow Dragon - The sight made Setoku think of his "Adopted Son" Ryuu. The Shinigami he had sent to infiltrate the legendary "Squad Zero." How was he doing, anyway?

"Tell me what she was like... Setoku. Your wife. Our bond makes it impossible to hide your thoughts and dreams from me... And I want to know why you dreamed of that... Woman a week back."

Setoku stopped dead in his tracks. She knew? Of course, their attachment was far beyond any other hollows, something Setoku was still trying to work out. He looked over at her, and smiled nimbly. He wouldn't tell her how he had crushed on Isabella at one point, which was why he rid himself of her, or how much the girl reminded him of his former wife - That was something even their bond could not find. No, he would have to come up with something quick, and force himself to believe it. Or else the bond would expose it...

"She is alive, I am afraid. And I think, she is after us."

It was only a half-lie. Setoku had found out from the lord that Isabella had indeed survived, and even excelled under Luke's guidance. It was no doubt the girl would seek revenge. She was savage, in living, and in death. It was something Setoku was begging for. He wrapped his arm around Fujiwara's waist, and nodded in the direction of the Ruins.

"Let's not talk about that, though. I want to remember that night forever. It was our first, and I'm scared our last time ever being together like that. So let's not forget it for a long time..."

Suddenly, Setoku slammed his fist into Fujiwara's skull, cracking the remains of her mask in half, knocking her to the ground... What?

"It is done, my lord. She will not remember anything from after we became Espada. Beyond me creating ripping her mask off, and waking up in Las Noches. Well, she shouldn't anyway, if her power get's great enough, or rage, her memories may come back."

Setoku leaned down, and picked Fujiwara up from the sand, carrying her to the Ruins. Next to him, a massive Wolf had appeared, and spoke quietly.

"You have done well, Setoku. She cannot remember the love you two have made, or the true feelings you two had for each other. As time goes on, she may get careless, and put you before her orders. You understand, yes?"

"Yes..."

Setoku closed his eyes, holding Fujiwara on his shoulder tightly. He didn't want her to forget. But... he knew she would remember, sometime during the war. It would all come back to her, even how he attacked her. But that was something the King needn't know.

"My Lord, are the other Espada here as well?"

"Yes, Setoku-san. And you shall lead them all. Myself and the Stray Wolf shall work behind the scenes. In a few months time, I want you to ascend on Seritei. Take your brother, Rriel with you, as well. Do you understand?"

Setoku nodded, followed with a almost quiet.. "Hai." He turned to look to his lord... but he was gone. This was the start... Of the Great Spiritual War.

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit. Empty Re: The Story of Shinamori Setoku - Shinsengumi Lieutenant of the Third Squad Shinsengumi Unit.

Post by Setoku Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 am

Chapter Four: A node to, cruelty... (An interlude.)

"You are weak, Stray-chan. All this running and hiding, thinking you can outsmart the Lord. It is quiet beneath you."

Stray had flown into a skyscraper, debris and dust rocketing from the hole in the buildings side, before a voice cracked the destruction.

"Shutup... SHUT YOUR FACE, FLEA!!!"

A beam of red light shot forth from the building, as Setoku stepped to the side, his wing disintegration as the beam shot through it. Setoku turned his head, gazing at the injury, his eyes wide. Stray suddenly appeared in front of him, rage coloring her features, and shoved her fist into his Stomach, causing his body to rocket upward, caught by Stray, and yanked back down so he would feel the full force of the Kinetic Energy. He gasped for air, before suddenly, Stray collapsed upon him. Her head buried into his shoulder, as her arms clung to his back, she was almost... crying? The Zero Espada..?

"Please... Setoku... you don't understand... so much change... He was there for me!"

"He is a Shinigami! They live to kill us! The Sister I can understand... But a boyfriend?! Zero-sama! What is wrong with you?!"

Stray went to speak, but nothing came out. Suddenly, in the pit of his stomach, Setoku felt... bad? He couldn't pin it, he understood what Stray spoke of, and the need for company. Ever since Lord Lobo had made Setoku erase Fujiwara's memories, he had been dominated by loneliness, but... A Shinigami?

"Stray-sama, you are my reason for existence... it is you I aspire to be... To surpass. You are my friend, my rival... If that is your decision... Then..."

Setoku suddenly jammed his knee into her stomach, catching her off-guard. She gasped for air, her claws digging into his back. Setoku and Stray could never trust each other, she should of saw this coming! They were indeed close friends, but rivals above all else. Suddenly, a smile drew across her lips, as she collapsed into his grasp. He had followed her, spied on her... but he wouldn't speak of what happened. Stray knew that for sure. She felt the rush of air as Setoku sonido'd, and her back fall onto a wall. He had taken her back to her Tower, away from the City.

"Stray, I do not approve of your choice... but you are my superior, and to defeat him... We need each other. I will leave you alone... but never forget... I am watching."

She knew he was gone, but still she smiled, he was such an idiot.

"Stupid flea... Just like an insect, he is easily controlled..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setoku stepped forth from the tower, his Ressurcion form sealed. His clothes were ragged and torn, he hated these random fights he had with the Zero Espada. She was far above him in terms of sheer power - But the two could read each other even better than Setoku could read Fujiwara, which made for interesting fights between them. The fact he had caught her had unsettled him, though. He lowered his head a moment, before taking a breath.

"Luke-sensei... you rescued her.."

He spoke of course, of Isabella. He had known the moment she was released from Hell - The increase of Reiatsu coming from Kyoto was almost unnerving, and it felt as if he was slowly drowning. Just what had that girl learned in the deep, dark, forbidden confines of hell? And just what attachments had become between her and Luke? Well, it was time to go to Kyoto, to put a stop to the now Two Sinners power rising. But first - He stepped forward, before disappearing. He needed to go see Fujiwara-chan, one last time. This could be his end, going to face his former sensei.

"Perhaps it is time I tell her of us? No... no not yet... The lord would disapprove. Either way, I do need to say goodbye."

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

Chapter Five: A plea for.... Mercy. (The Final Interlude)

He froze where he stood, a Hell Cero destroying and tearing apart his body. Was this how it was going to end? Setoku bit his lip, smiling to himself. Of course his Sensei would be the one to end him, but suddenly, his name pierced the fog of his mind... "Setoku!!" It was... Fujiwara? A white beam of light engulfed him, before closing around him - And there he hung, in complete darkness.

"Fujiwara... Neggaccion? You... you saved me...?"

---------------------At that Same Moment, in The Primera Tower-------------------

A Fist punched through nothing, seemingly stepping between reality, before it shattered down - A ragged, and defeated man making his way out of the Neggaccion World and toward a tank resting in the corner of the room. Sensei had almost finished him, and Michiyo had rescued him.... What was wrong with her?! It was her job to surpass him! His Eight tattoo suddenly burned, as would every other Espada's, as suddenly, now numbers begun to appear on their body's. On the right side of Setoku's neck, a one slowly begun to form. So that's how it was, huh? Lord Lobo was calling forth... It was almost time... For the final.... Spiritual War.

Setoku forced open the door of the tank, before pulling himself in. His body was burned and bloody, his clothes, he pulled off. He needed technology to heal. That Hell Cero... it had almost undone him! As he climbed into the tank, slowly pulling the door closed, a voice echoed silently in the now nearly empty tower...

"Michiyo Fujiwara... my Love... you are just as foolish... As Azumi was..."

--------------------------In the Mind of the Primera Espada---------------------------

"Tenchuu, Tenchuu, Tenchuu, TENCHUU!"

The words echoed through his thoughts as his sword sliced the side of a Man's head in half, following on to slice the neck of another. He spun on his heel, and jammed the end of his saya into the eyeball of a Samurai, before shoving his Katana directly through his Mouth, and out the back of his neck. Severing the spine from the cranium. Tenchuu, or "divine punishment of the heavens"; A word used by the Chosuu Ishin Shishi, the Patriots who dared challenge the Shogunate. Shinamori Setoku hated the term, he preferred Jinchuu, or Aku Soku Zan - Divine Punishment by Man, or Slay Evil Immediately. It was a month before the Ikedaya Affair.

"Michiyo, follow through, let's end this Upstart Rebellion!"

Michiyo flipped her Naginata around, before spinning on her own heel, removing the head of another nameless Samurai. A splash of blood covered her face, but she smiled inwardly, leaning in to press her lips to Setokus.

"Yes, my love. Do be careful, I hear a Hitokiri is here."

"Aren't I always?"

Setoku smirked, before heading toward the Castle of Edo - Sure, the Oniwabanshu was guarding there, but Setoku figured they would do a lazy job. Besides, if a Hitokiri was in their midst's.... His light blue haori flipped behind him as he ran at full speed, covering the distance in a matter of minutes. He jumped over a small crag in the ground, as a man dressed in Dark Blue and black stumbled forward from the actual castle, something protruding from his chest.

"Ah..! Shinamori... Setoku-sama... Have... the Shinsengumi... come to help...?"

He suddenly fell forward, and Setoku ran to catch him mid-fall. Were these rebels so heartless? As he thought this, another sword dug into the body, and Setoku pushed it back, as the tip of a wakizashi pierced the very top part of his skin. This was the Hitokiri of Flame.... Shishio.... Makato...

"Heh heh... Isshin or Wolves of Mibu, neither one of you will rule this land, only I will."

The man smirked, before swinging his sword to catch Setoku around the mid-section, a length of flame trailing along with the sword. If it were to be believed, this man lit his sword aflame with the oils of the humans he slaughtered, but Setoku never believed as much. He was much to rational to believe in the "Spirit world" and "Unknown World." As far as he was concerned, men were but flesh and bone, good or evil, when they died, they were returned back to where they came from. The Earth.

"Shishio Makoto, so it is true... People like you do exist among the Ishin Patriots..."

Setoku brought his iron sheath up, catching Shishio's jagged edged sword. It was as if he allowed it to get all nicked up and ruined... But Setoku had heard the tales behind that. He gripped his Katana tightly, shoving it forward as he held his sword against his sheath.

"Shishio Makato, you and your paltry "Killer Sword" must be stopped, here. Like the Battousai, you seek only death and enjoyment in this war, and as a Shinsengumi... I cannot allow that."

Shishio smiled inwardly, stepping aside as the blade shot past him, slicing his skin in two, yet the wound wasn't deep enough to warrant worry. He rose his left foot, and sent a boot into Setoku's jaw, causing Setoku to stumble back a few steps, as his sheath and Makato's Killer Sword broke contact. Shishio then smiled, and spoke in a cold, dark voice.

"You pretend to know of my Brother Blade to the Hitokiri Battousai's Hiten Sword - The jagged edges are intentional, you know? It makes it easier to saw bone from flesh!"

He shot forward, and Setoku rolled right, tripping Makato as he charged by. As Makato fell, he threw his sheath at Setoku, smacking him smack-dab in the center of the forehead. Setoku's head snapped back, as his eyes rolled back. His vision grew slightly blurry, as Shishio stumbled over to him, Killer Sword raised.

"Homura Dama, is it's name, in case you're wondering. That is the sword that killed you."

He smiled, and suddenly, a long wooden pole smacked him in the back of the head, knocking him off to the side. A voice broke through the haze, again. The voice sounded distinctly like Isabella, and her features matched as well. It was Fujiwara - Setoku had learned. This was how she looked before she came to his side.... The sinner, Isabella, was his wife.

-------------------------------In the confines of the Tank-----------------------------

Setoku's eyes snapped open as his lips and Isabella's met as she helped him up. He remembered that. How could he forget it? But why Isabella and he...? Why had the king told him this AFTER he killed banished her? What was the king working at, here? Setoku's fist slammed into the glass of the tank, as his naked Form fell from it, one sentence escaped by leaving his lips as his body pressed against the cold floor.

"Isabella.... I love.... you..."

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 am

Chapter Six --- When Love is the Gun, separating me from... you.(Final Chapter - Act 1; Arc 1)

As Setoku pushed off the ground, he spread the fingers on his left hand wide open, watching as glass fell from his hair, and flesh. His hands were soaked in blood, his breathing mad. Isabella... Shinamori. That was her name. The moment she passed into death, her name had changed, but her marriage name had not. Well, only Setoku and Sensei Lust would of known this... So why didn't he see it.... then? He needed to speak to his Sensei... only he could clear his mind...

---------------------In the Confines of the Primeras' Mind----------------------------

"Go to sleep, rest your eyes.... pretty... baby..." Suddenly, her chest heaved, as she rocked forth from the chair. Something... seemed... off? Yes, that was it. She stumbled over to the crib, she was dreaming of their little girl, and newly born boy, yet their eldest son, Luke, was not in the dream. Shinta and Erikai, the gift of buddha, as Setoku had once said. She was dreaming of cradling Shinta, the boy, in her arms, as he breathed his last breath, and Erikai's body was shoved into a wall, a sword through the center of her little chest. The edges around it burned.... Was it a premonition? No, no.... Setoku had always said those were lies. Born of panic. It was this war, it had to be that. She finally cleared her mind, as she walked into a dimly, candle lit room. Suddenly, he senses shot up - Two candles... Were out?! She rolled forward, bringing her arms up - Going into battle mode. They weren't alone...

"Mommy...."

Her voice cracked, it sounded as if it was drowning. Michiyo turned to the side, and Erikai hung there, a black, burning sword was shoved through her stomach, and protruded out from the back of her neck. Her stomach was cinched, burnt red, as embers still seem to glow from the sword - Her little hands reaching up, desperately grabbing for the sword in her gut, and trying with all her might to pull it out. Tears were in her amber eyes - And suddenly, those eyes seem to... fade. The life of them no longer - Michiyo let out a scream, dropping to her knees. Erikai Shinamori.... had just died, at the age of 3. She couldn't move her eyes away, as she reached toward the hanging body - She didn't even turn her head when a Samurai walked into the room, holding Shinta by the back of his neck, a wakizashi shoved into his mouth, and coming out of his rear end.

"Muhahaha... It always surprised me how weak you Shinsengumi Brides are... As we speak, one of the Legendary Four Man Slayers is even now removing your husbands entrails."

Finally, Michiyo's eyes jerked away, yet her face was a ghostly image, tears screeched down from it, to her chin - Her voice not wanting to come out as her lips moved. Her baby.... Her baby was... dead?! Suddenly, her chest heaved, as she felt it... She felt as if a man reached into her chest, and squeezed her heart to a stop. Setoku.... he... he was no longer with them. It was her who lived through the true Terror of the Bakumatsu... she felt her entire family, all that she love, die around her. What was the point of going on...? She reached into the collar of her robe, pulling a Tanto from the gauze wrapped around her supple chest.

"No... No... SETOKU!"

She jerked the blade back, before feeling it smacked from her gasp, as her wrists suddenly shattered. She fell forward, a boot pressing into the back of her skull.

"Remember me, you little bitch....? The girl who smacked me with her Naginata... Not so tough now, are you?"

A laugh echoed through the night, as the sound of a skull crushing echoed through the night - Waking up neighbors all over the province of Mibu.

"No......"

Luke, six, stood by the window, his eyes wide as rain ran down the side of his face - His little brother, his little Sister... now his mother. What would he do?! Where was his father?! He took off in a ran, as screams rung out from the cabin, and it begun to burst into flames. That Samurai... Shishio Makoto... he was burning his mother... alive! He closed his eyes, rain streaked with tears as he ran away, doing his best to get away. From the distance, stood a man in a grey-blue glow, a chain running down his chest, which seemed to be devouring itself.

"You see, Setoku? Your family died in vein... Only Shinamori Luke survives.... But for how long?"

Setoku turned to the voice, his face streaked, like his sons, with tears. He nodded, before hundreds of beast impaled into his body, and begun devouring him. At that same moment, a female Adjuchas grabbed the spirit of Michiyo - Treating her like trash as the wolf dragged her from the fire.

"Isabella.... Isabella Shinamori... Get up."

The girl opened her eyes, around her was sand, and a dark green-blackish sky. A backwards crescent moon hanging in the distance. But why had that voice called her Isabella? That wasn't her name. Her name was Michiyo Isabella Fujiwara-Shinamori. Something she never even told the love of her life. What was his name again...? Or perhaps Isabella was her name.... Suddenly, she felt a sharp jolt of pain, as her literal spirit felt torn in half. Isabella opened her eyes, seeing a jumble of Reishi rocket off into the desert. Was her spirit.... torn in half? And who was this female wolf?

"Greetings, Isabella - I am the Stray Wolf of the Desert. I have stripped you of your weakness, and brought forth to you.... Power."

------------------------Only Hours before his battle with Luke-----------------------

"I don't understand?"

Setoku spoke slowly, why was the King allowing him to see this memory? He didn't get it.

"Because, Setoku. I'm telling you, Michiyo and Isabella are one in the same... Your wife's spirit was split in half at death by Stray, in her attempt to usurp me. It failed, obviously - But when you defeated Isabella, your wife, you couldn't kill her - Only force change her race to Sinner. When that occurred, the memories Stray gave her were ripped away, and the same happened to the young Hollow Michiyo, who was caught up in the maelstrom of power you left. You see... Michiyo... is nearly your complete wife. Isabella, who also would remember all of this, is the rest of her. That is the reason you cannot kill her.... Do you understand? To merge together Michiyo, into the love of your life, you must kill Isabella, or Michiyo. When one of them dies, or, due to Stray's meddling, if you die, they will regain their full memory. If you die, both Isabella and Michiyo will revert to their original selves, both will remain, and both will retain memories of you as their love. But if one of them dies.... The other will become your wife. In memory, and again... in life. Something to think about.... As for Michiyo... Once you two made love... You sparked the birth.... something thought impossible, of a Shingetsu Hollow."

Setoku's eyes went wide. No, that couldn't be - It had been so long! But... could it be? Was... Was Michiyo... the bearer of his child? But... he shook his head, staring at Lord Lobo.

"I suppose, Setoku-kun, you're wondering how you, or she, cannot tell? As Hollow, the birth, like our death, has been slowed down. It will take him a few years to be born, as it takes us many years to age, and then die. Do you understand...?"

Setoku stumbled back.... Michiyo... Should... should he tell her? No, no, she didn't love him anymore! Did she? He suddenly sonido'd from the area, his thoughts clouded. From the Shadows, Stray emerged, walking with a shake to her hips, as if extremely happy.

"Look at the flea, he's so afraid! The Espada of Lonliness... he's finally broke! HA!"

Suddenly, Lord Lobo's eye's shifted, as Stray felt an intense spiritual pressure on her. The walls around the two cracked, as Stray fell to her knees. Wha---What did she do?! He spoke, and his voice carried with it such power... it caused her very bones to rattle. How was it Setoku was so sure those combined could kill him?! She wasn't sure now....

"You love him, as well, Stray. Don't you? Perhaps not in the way he and Michiyo are in love... But as if he was your brother? You enjoy seeing your brother suffer? Why don't you tell me what you two are hiding from me, then, huh?"

She let out a "Tch", still trying to mock him. Had he known all this time?! Was she going to die here?! She needed Setoku... Or... Or... him.... Suddenly, sweat broke on her forehead, as he spoke about something she hadn't expected...

"You know... Your Shinigami boyfriend, perhaps? Or is he your husband now? No matter - You have betrayed me...."

The pressure drew greater, as Stray felt her feet digging into the cement beneath her feet. She was going to die... Damn it! She was going to die here!!! SETOKU! LYONIN!!! SOMEONE!!! Suddenly, the pressure stopped, and she begun to regain her balance, his voice still spoke with enough power to rattle her bones.

"Just kidding, Stray-chan. You, the "Flea" of your brother, Setoku, and this... Isabella and Fujiwara still entertain me..... I won't let any of you die... But the Shinigami...."

Stray's eyes suddenly begun to tear up, as he spoke his request. This was Setoku's fault... That damned flea.... she just knew it!!!
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:41 am

Chapter Six --- When Love is the Gun, separating me from... you.(Final Chapter - Act 1; Arc 2)

-------------------------------As Setoku headed for Urahara's Shop....--------------------------------

"Welcome to Edo!"

A man jumped in front of Setoku as he passed the entrance gates to Edo, this was ten years before the coming Bakamatsu, and Setoku carried a Uchigatana on his right waist. He was an app swordsman, and a master of the self-created "Hirazuki." A style developed by the future founder of the Shinsengumi. He wore a purple Kimono, with a blue haori over it, and a white hakama. His zori sandals left their prints in the fine dirt that was the road. Setoku pushed past the man, heading toward the docks. Luke had just died, and Setoku's own thoughts were a blur. Sure, Miburo was now a free-state within the Japanese Shogunate Province, but it was still killing Setoku. His best friend, a gunslinger from the West, Setoku believed it was place known as "Ah-mar-rik-ah."

"Luke-sama... You will be missed."

Setoku came to a halt at the docks, and knelt down. He pulled an origami swan from a pocket in his haori, and set it atop the water, watching it float away. He slowly rose, as he felt arms come around his waist. A female voice spoke quietly from behind him. It was only their second date, yet she still managed to surprise him no less.

"Guess who, my dear?"

"Could it be.... Fujiwara-chan?"

They both smiled, as Setoku turned in her arms, wrapping his own around her, and pressing their lips firmly together. The two had met in Edo just a week ago, and after making love in only two hours in on their date, the two had become instantly united. Why had they made love so fast? Setoku blamed himself, he was always so aggressive. Yet... she was willing. And he wasn't sure why. She wasn't a prostitute just taking him for his money, was she? No, he doubted that.

"Who is the swan for, Seto-kun? I didn't know you knew someone who had died recently.... It wasn't... a wife, was it?"

Setoku smiled as Fujiwara blushed deeply at this - Apparently, she had her own troubles, and speaking of past deceased loved ones seem to make her bashful. Why, though? He wasn't really sure what went through her mind.

"No, no my dear, Fujiwara-chan.... It... it was a man who battled with me in the freedom of Miburo.... he was an honorable man. He sacrificed himself for me.... He took a sword to the throat intentionally so I wouldn't be attacked from behind by a member of the errant Dark Arts."

The Dark Arts, or the West Oniwabanshuu as some called it, was another assassin sect, more dedicated to unhonorable behavoiur then any Setoku had faced before. It still bothered him that the former Shogunate of Miburo would actually hire them to fight off the Kagegumi rebellion. (Kagegumi was the name of the first version of the "Shinsengumi, this name changed after another man founded the Shinsengumi to show that honor came before all, and served only the Shogunate.") Setoku pressed his lips again to Fujiwara's, as in the background, a full moon begun to peak over the mountain, several fireworks going off in the background. It must of been a festival. Suddenly, Fujiwara reached down into Setoku's Hakama, feeling around beneath his waist - Grabbing, and stroking lightly. The two begun to kiss ever deeper, as he reached into her Kimono ----

---------------------------------------Present Day-----------------------------------------------

"....Fujiwara-chan... you were so aggressive back then.... But then again, so was I..."

Setoku spoke mainly to himself - As he crossed through the portal toward the real world. The two were incredibly sexually active during their first few years together, it wasn't until the start of the Bakamatsu that it came to a halt. He didn't know why he was so surprised at this still, though. It was the Normal in Feudal Japan. When a Woman spotted her husband to be, she always slept with him within hours of knowing him - So it wasn't hard to believe, really. Still, it caused a red line to appear under his eyes - Even as the Primera, he still blushed very deeply.

"Fujiwara-chan... what happened to us...? We were supposed to raise our children, and fall madly in love again and again... I'm... I'm so sorry..."

Tears begun to appear on his eyes as he thought about the meeting that would change it all.....

-------------------------------------The day the two became Espada---------------------------------

"You will redirect her memory. I have no need for you two be in love, having sex all over Las Noches, and other wards ignoring orders for each other, do you understand?"

Stray frowned, looking to Setoku, then back to the Lord. He was being unfair, Stray thought. The two were in love, not only were they mortal lovers, unlike Setoku and Azumi, but they were Mortal Married Couple. Setoku and Michiyo had done something very few other hollow had done - Found each other.... Even in death. It was actually kind of romantic. If only Lyonin and her could of been like that.

"I understand... My lord. But there is no way to completely remove her memory, it will come back..."

"I do not care - By the time it comes back, she will not care, either. About you, or about 'Love.' She will be completely hollow."

"Yes, my Lord."

Setoku bowed, before turning and heading out of the tower, Stray following him closely. She regarded him with a sad eye, feeling pity for perhaps her greatest rival. But... why? She didn't know, but she wasn't gonna let this pass. She would help Setoku, if only this once... Stupid flea...

"Setoku-flea-san. Slow down, here, take this."

She extended her hand, and a ball of compressed reishi glowed from it. She turned her head, smiling to him assuredly.

"It's.... It's the girls memories when I ripped her soul apart. When you destroy part of her mask, do it with this in your hand. It will be delayed, but she will retain all her memories in only a few months. Consider it a gift... For helping me..."

Stray blushed lightly at this, Setoku, while a flea, was at least honorable. No one besides Lyonin knew her so well, and he had kept his promise in hiding Lyonin from the lord. Setoku took it, and raised an eyebrow at Stray.

"Why are you doing this for me, Stray Wolf of the Sands?"

He frowned, but his heart was beating fast.

"Because... you kept a promise, so this is my thanks, flea. Don't get used to it... You disgust me..."

She rammed her foot in his Gut, sending him flying through the sands, and into a wall. God! Not even thankful! He really was a piece of trash! She stormed off, heading for her tower, leaving Setoku's battered form sunk into the remains of a tower.

----------------------------------------Only a Few Hours later--------------------------------------

"Please, never Forget, Fujiwara-chan!"

Setoku suddenly slammed his fist into Michiyo's mask, the glowing ball of black reishi held tightly in his fist. As soon as the masked cracked, he opened his fist, exposing the palm of his hand. The mass of reishi leapt into her now exposed skull, as she was sent flying. Setoku was quick to catch her, and carry her to Las Noches.

"You have done well, Setoku."

"Thank you, my lord."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Chapter 7 ---- The Last Dawn. (Final Cut.)

"It's too late..."

The thought ran through his mind as he ran down the street's of Edo, his eyes half shut and glaring ahead. This new bulky body of his had done many things to him, as a warrior, and as a.... Being. What was he now? Ryuu had confirmed him as a Demon, or Hollow, as he called it. Speaking of two races beyond the dead that battled to keep the world in check. That was.... nearly a hundred years ago. The Adjuchas turned around a corner, before running smack dab into whom he was running from. A nearly human looking being, with a voice tainted in pure evil.... It was his Sensei....

"You're lacking, Setoku-kun. You have wings, why do you not... FLY?"

As he yelled out that last part he thrust his hand forward, slamming the hilt of his palm into the middle of Setoku's mask, causing him to roll back. From the side, another adjuchas watched, a sick joy across her features. Isabella. Setoku kicked out of the roll, implanting the base of his foot into Luke's skull, and jumping off that, his wings giving a kick as he soared high into the unbidden sky of Edo. That annoying woman was becoming a pain, hindering his training among other things. It was time to destroy her. Setoku rolled around mid-flight, extending a finger forward as a Purple and Red Cero shot forth from the tips of his fingers, flying down at the girl with incredible speed - Yet dissipating as he eyes grew wide at the moment of the impact. What...?

"Setoku! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!"

Luke sword wiggled around, as if sucking in the energy of the Cero blast, redirecting it at him. He was hit square on, and sent flying back into the sky. He coughed once, as blood shot from his mask, and down he went, before Luke appeared above him, flying down at him with incredible speed, his sword pulled back for the final blow.

"If you tried to kill Isabella-chan one more time, I was done with you!!!"

Setoku wrenched his left hand down to his waist, ripping forth a tattered hilt and catching Luke's blade on his own, spinning on the momentum, and casting Luke back, and then he fired another Cero, point blank in Luke's direction, the shock causing Luke to fall toward the ground, his shoulders and chest burning. Had he done it?! No, he wasn't so foolish, Luke was just surprised, he'd be up soon enough. Setoku turned one more baleful eye at the female Adjuchas, before fading into a Gargatana. He was done, with Luke, and Isabella.

---------------------------------Twenty Years Later-------------------------------

"Arrogance, Setoku!"

Isabella caught Setoku's blade in her hand, wrenching it around and yanking Setoku toward her - She had more training then him, she could take him! As Setoku neared, she shoved her own sword directly for the now Vasto Lorde's face - Ever since they had evolved he had been trying to kill her - But she would stop this now. As the blade was about to impact the white hue of his mask, though, something odd happened. She was literally sent flying back, rolling across the dunes. Setoku lowered his chipped and ragged sword, dragging it through the dirt as he walked toward Isabella.

"Such a fool girl, still. You think Luke did anything but hinder you? You are an idiot, Isabella. And hardly worth anyone's effort. Let me do the king a favour... and end you now."

As she scrambled to get up, she felt a clawed foot slam into her head, pushing her skull down into the dirt, farther and farther, as Setoku's voice hounded on. She could feel her mask starting to crack under the pressure - What was this?! How had he gotten so strong? Just by evolution? But... he left Luke's study as an Adjuchas twenty years ago! He should be weak! She felt blood trickle from her eye sockets, as the pressure only grew...

"You are a disgrace, to the hollow race, and to the Human race. You disgust me, Isabella. You think Luke is so perfect, do you? His flawed methods of teaching is what held me back! But if you are so adamant in him, then perhaps you will enjoy becoming him...."

Suddenly, two massive gates rose from the sand, as the gates of hell imposed themselves in Hueco Mundo itself. The doors slowly opening as Chains snaked out, wrapping around Isabella - She had lost... Her vision begun to fade, as she caught the sites of a strange gazelle like hollow running from the Sand Dunes to the south, heading for the battle... What a ignoble end...

----------------------------------Present Day--------------------------

"Fujiwara-chan..."

Setoku spoke at a whisper, as he looked down at the girl on the sands below. She looked so defenseless as the memories flooded her mind. Setoku was doing all he could to hold his demeanor at ticked off - For if not, she may catch on. But why did she seem to hurt so much? Was it good Setoku had come? Or would she end his reign once and for all? He turned up his Reishi, as he caught the feel of a familiar reiatsu closing in fast. He casually looked up, watching as the walls of Las Noches rumbled - The Hollow Nathan impacting them and firing a Cero deep into the desert. Setoku smiled inwardly - He was keeping the hollow out with just his Reishi.

"Stand up, Fujiwara."

He glared down at the girl, as she begun to stir, and rose to her feet. Her eyes drifting around lost for a moment, before finally focusing on him. And he caught it, in her eyes... There was that unmistakeable love... she had remembered, every thing. He felt his chest heave involuntary. Hollow weren't supposed to have emotions, yet he was the epitome of loneliness, and when Fujiwara looked in his direction, he always fell back in love. It was in that moment, Setoku had realized... the Story was only just beginning.

(Epic Troll ending! HA!)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down