World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament, simple??

3 posters

Go down

Tournament, simple?? Empty Tournament, simple??

Post by Lust Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 am

If staff chooses to accept this as a tournament subs chart you guys can go here:

http://wob.challonge.com/october_obliteration

Just register, sign up and the web itself makes the matches~ Do 3 seprate bracks for each race and mixed and you guys are good to go, top 4 are calculated by (Match for championship, and a sub "bronze" match made up of the last two opponents that lost the semi-finals.)  

So yeah guys, what do you think? I'd really like to hear if this makes tournaments easier for staff too ~

Note: I don't think the system assigns match times, so that'll be on you guys xD And it gives you reminders of your match if it's up next!

If staff decides to use this, sign up link is this one:
http://wob.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/geb7geoqn4
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Tournament, simple?? Empty Re: Tournament, simple??

Post by Hitori Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:40 pm

It could work, I don't know about having everyone signup (or potentially spamming the user's e-mail) for this though. The pro of this is that it generates the bracket for you, the con is getting everyone to participate. Although it looks like you can just enter a username and have it entered into the bracket.

http://challonge.com/Fall_Tournament_OO
This example bracket was just me experimenting, if you would like your name removed for whatever reason let me know and I will replace it.

Looks cool, easy organization and a fast way, organized, simple way to keep track of the brackets (visually). I think we would still need to do quite a lot of work as staff, but if the mods want I will create a shared account that we can edit who has won what and moved on. However, if they mods don't want to do it due to the fact of the extra work a normal user can do it; due note that if it is the case of a user running the bracket, the staff's (official) bracket will trump what the normal user's says.

If I do end up using it, though, I won't be collecting user's e-mails or having them sign up. I want it to be simple and sweat-free; the moment we turn this into an official tournament notice scheme users could complain if they didn't get the e-mail, if it was sent to their spam folder, etc., and they didn't realize that they were scheduled for a time. On top of that, I didn't even see a place where you could enter a specific time.

Case in point, it would be a clean, fancy way to view tournament's progress but we would still have to do the scheduling the old way.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lust Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Chrom wrote:but if the mods want I will create a shared account that we can edit who has won what and moved on
Actually, there is an option to share admin access to any users, so a shared staff acc would be simpler. But yeah point taken~

And also, there is an option to deselect/disable the users themselves to change and report their scores, so no need for like a separate staff bracket for every race and mixed.

But as I said, the rankings are simpler to get and view using this so even if you don't use it, You can use it to calculate 3rd/4th place winners like in the pic:

http://prntscr.com/1w9x1y
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 pm

i'm a worthy adversary Sarcastic lovely 
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm

So, the general consensus among the mods is that it's a good idea. I will be creating a staff account that we will use to update this bracket. To further comment, I actually really like the format of it and it could possibly make organizing the tournament a little bit easier. Things would probably need to be moved around a bit here and there, but overall I think it will work out a lot better for users to see where they stand and who they're up against next.

Thread closed, thanks for the suggestion Lust.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down