World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 8 A Shattered Silence

Go down

Chapter 8 A Shattered Silence Empty Chapter 8 A Shattered Silence

Post by Wilfora Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:30 am

Time: Unbeknownst
Place: Kyoto Temples

“Get away from that priest!” Kuro yelled, pointing Thunder, his sword, at the snake like hollow, which had wrapped itself around the upper body of the spirit form of the priest, whose body lay still many yards away. The chain that connected the spirit and the body were both intact, making it possible for the young shinigami to put the soul back into its body.

This is a place of quiet. Why must hollows destroy the sacred silence that comes naturally in this world! Kuro thought angered to no end, that the hollows were hurting the people of his favorite place to be when he wished to clear his mind of the worry and paranoia.

The spirit of the priest was shaking badly enough that Kuro could feel the soul’s reiatsu quivering, sending small shock waves at Kuro and any other shinigami or hollow that could feel its low level reiatsu.

“And should I not wish to let go of the spirit? What will you do then?” the snake hollow asked, its forked tongue flickering in and out, slurring the ‘s’ on all of the words.

Inside Kuro’s mind, he quivered and shook. He did not know how to fight a hollow. What would happen if he messed up? Would he be kicked out of the Court Guard? Kuro shook off the depressing emotions and quickly tried him best to think of something positive. His shikai.

“Why, I Kuro of division 9 under the command of captain Ryuji, will fight you of course!” Kuro managed, even if it was a bit shaky, as he turned away from the hollow.

Can’t even look at me eh? The hollow thought to herself, laughing at the shinigami before her. “Shini’mi needs to learn their place. I am Kawaii, of Gillian Death Tree! And you lil’ shini’mi, that cannot even stand to look at me, a ho’low, will learn your place here and now!”

Kawaii threw the human soul to the ground, out of the way, and launched herself at full speed at Kuro. Even though she was slithering along the ground, the expanse amid the hollow and the 3rd seat swiftly dwindled.

Kuro looked up now, and his eyes grew wide in fear. What am I to do! I can’t fight hollows! He yelled at himself mentally. His mind began racing. Luckily for him, his body remembered more of the brutal beatings than his mind did. Kuro raised his sword.

Kawaii was surprised by this movement, and slowed a bit. The boy was a flaky white color. Pale to the bone, hah, an easy kill, she thought, resuming her speed. Kuro shook in his stance that he did not remember developing. Before him, Kawaii reared up, and with her jaw unhinged, came down upon him.

Odd things at work, Kuro’s body managed to parry her open mouth back with the edge of his sword, Thunder. The slits of the hollow’s eyes narrowed in anger. The sword was caught in her fangs, where the tip of her slit tongue had been cut off.

Kawaii focused her eyes on Kuro’s own, causing the small 3rd seat to freeze, his legs numb with fear. Since he could not see anywhere but her eyes, Kawaii snaked her tail around his leg.

Then with a flick of her tail muscles, Kuro was lifted up into the air, hanging by his foot. Reaching for the snake, he dropped Thunder and it clattered to the ground, waking Kuro from the mini nightmare into the real one. His only chance of survival had been dropped.

Kawaii’s tongue flickered. “So you dropped it now did ya shini’mi?” She asked playfully, before unhinging her jaw once more. Inside of her mouth, Kuro found a crimson black ball of reiatsu forming. He was puzzled upon what it was until he remembered the different moves hollows used.

Kuro was not going to let that happen. Not a cero at this range, he thought, bringing his hands together. Slowly his thoughts turned from the snake like hollow. From the heavens they fall, like the lightning they were, singing with no noise, to crush us all! Kido 16: Raining Light! He thought pushing his hands out quickly towards Kawaii, who at that time launched her cero right at him.

Both of the attacks hit each other. Only one attack could go through. Kuro thought I was to be his, the blue lightning of his attack pushing more towards Kawaii. Before long, Kuro was sure he was to win and beat this hollow, his first ever. Kawaii then proceeded to release the rest of her cero, doubling the bulk size.

Kuro watched wide-eyed as the light of his Kido disintegrated, as the cero shot through the now gone center of the Kido. Kawaii watched as the blood dripped down from the new hole in the lifeless body. She unhinged her jaw once more, and dropped the shinigami in, swallowing. Now where did that priest get to...
Wilfora
Wilfora
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Ookamiko Minami
Title: Captain of Squad 10
Race: Shinigami

http://writingdrawings.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down