World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leave of Absence

5 posters

Go down

Leave of Absence  Empty Leave of Absence

Post by CYRO Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 am

I will be taking a leave from the game until the time that the game Re balances itself out. Currently it has come to a stall meta That i can No longer stand in the game for several reasons.

I have never besides With mikaru tried to stall a fight or Drag it out so that my foes pools are out in the game. This mechanic Is making the game Pure frustration for me playing the game. I know i blew up in social and before anyone thinks that was Directed At Ryo it was not but rather that people are defending this tactic as Strategy. I Can not and will not Say literally waiting in a spot none stop until you get first hit or they run out of pools is Strategy. It Used to be bane worthy by LSM and only recently came about that it was not since game changed into a possible mode that it could not be that way anymore. But the game changes yet again with new moves added into the game Nerf to others making stalling a Viable Strategy again. I can understand Running to a point (and Ryoei was still in that point As his entire game was not based around trying to pool me out but merely to get one or two extra turns on me In second release.) But when you Literally have nothing but stall attacks or say your using Strategy about hiding from reflect when you have Pen. The Exchange ratio of Reflect vs pen is 1/5 so there is no Need to hide from it. If i see players from me at the start of every Global CD barrier run into barrier then it is stalling. If is see a player beating other with nothing but aoe spam since they cant be hurt in there aoes but the spam cant kill there foe until very late game. This is not what the spirit of Wob ever was.Did you know Lsm plus several Staff in the past have threatened to ban me since I refused to kill myself off in the past for not leaving myself open to attack a player that I literately can not hurt since they are standing in there aoe? IT WILL GET THAT BAD AGAIN IF YOU ALL DONT STOP NOW! NOT JUST LSM but Wob in its entirety.

When you compound these issues with horrible scaling balance that make offense users have better defenses then defense specs I really go livid.

I will tell you how to beat defense user every battle. stall its easy just run into a barrier or aoe. they can not hurt you. thats all you have to do and Equip a DR. thats it. you need nothing else. If you have Hr combined with it then your a god to them since HR last for insane amounts of turns and there barriers are so weak that a armor pure just shatters there barriers.And i wont even get into pen being retarded.

Yes i understand part of this is the Fact that my spec is so ill balanced in current meta that it is honestly not viable.

and before some one post a reply to this with examples of Tricks or what about this think about the spirit of what I am trying to say. I am not saying dont Struggle when your about to die. I am staying dont stall for the sake of stalling.

CYRO
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Leave of Absence  Empty Leaving World of Bleach

Post by Logician Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm

If the Updates/Hotfixes notes are any indication, Levi spends a lot of time turning 5s into 4s, 0.1s into 0.2s and 3s into 4s. Much of the feedback in Social is, this isn't actually resolving any of the problems the players are facing, and what use are all of these 'hotfixes' and 'patches' if the way Staff treat Support Tickets makes the Tickets system all but obsolete?

Levi also maintains that, if action is taken as the result of a report, they're not obligated to tell us what action was taken; by the same token, most GMs out there will at least tell you "Action has been taken", or "The problem is being addressed", or "We did not find that any rule violation took place", so you're not left wondering if your Report made any impact whatsoever on your experience, or the experience of other players who might be affected by the person or behavior you reported.

He is very diligent in banning Max, in chatting up Mixed Chat and playing Musical Chairs with decimal numbers, but I'm struggling to see the point in playing this game when so much work still needs to be done on areas I haven't seen any mention of on the Announcements page, and we're so busy pleasing the r6 through r8 that other vital areas of gameplay are neglected. Does he think we're so easily entertained, that he can have a minimal hand in WoB, but still enjoy the success of a game whose staff are thoroughly invested in the well-being of a game's player base? Or has he just become confident that what he and his staff have done so far is all that needs doing? These questions and more have yet to be answered in a way that satisfies my curiosity.

Plenty of us have submitted reports along these lines, but not only are our entries to LSM's Corner never published, and our Tickets closed, but some of us have found ourselves on the wrong end of a ban, with nothing but a "You have been banned" error message to let us know someone didn't like something we did.

I think I will come back when Levi becomes as familiar with the game, and addressing the social dynamics therein, as he is the BAN and CLOSE TICKET features. I was thinking about getting back into RP, but once I saw how the former RP Leaders and Max were treated, there was no way I wanted that for myself; the way those people were treated was inexcusable. Professionalism is treating all customers with respect, no matter your personal feelings for them, so every desperate plea from staff that they are being professional is falling on deaf ears right about now.

It's just lazy, and there is no excuse for everything (even little things like naming your Zanpakuto, or changing your Username) costing real world currency, when all shards floating around are the result of someone's real world currency. He's getting paid enough to care what we think, making things that are free elsewhere cost real money on WoB, but I'm getting the distinct impression that he doesn't feel motivated enough to foster feelings of trust and dependability with us, his players. What are we, then, if the only consideration we're worth is whether we have outlived our usefulness?

I'm going to be taking an indefinite break from WoB, until such a time as things improve, and dozens of people stop individually being told that they are the only ones with complaints and that they should just stop or leave.
 Heavens only knows how long until mine and CYRO's posts, and any others addressing long-standing issues with the game and/or it's leadership, mysteriously 'disappear' one day. There are still posts up of Staff criticizing players, but I guess that's none of my business.

Logician
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Leave of Absence  Empty Re: Leave of Absence

Post by orosan Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm

the way Staff treat Support Tickets makes the Tickets system all but obsolete?
lsm and hitori are the only ones who do tickets, the rest are just regular users like you who want to pvp and play the game too.

the way those people were treated was inexcusable. Professionalism is treating all customers with respect, no matter your personal feelings for them

When i first met max , i didnt know anything about him ,i did notice how my other co-workers were annoyed by him but i didnt know why "Yet".

so i treated him like a normal user and asked him if hes new or having trouble spoke to him normally and tried to help him with his conflict, and know what i got in return at my inbox? name calling and harassment and then 50 paragraphs of nonsense and accusations, i can no longer like this person if this is what he adresses to me just because i wear a green robe, i was accused of being biased , and yet i never did anything to him and he just calls me things because "all staff are against him". yeah okay, i not going to defend someone anymore if he just talks smack about me and doesnt even know me.

but I'm getting the distinct impression that he doesn't feel motivated enough to foster feelings of trust and dependability with us, his players. What are we, then, if the only consideration we're worth is whether we have outlived our usefulness?

i feel this is unjustified speaking, he spends hours of his time trying to fix the game and add features for the players, literally all he does all day is sit on his computer and code for wob, but even one feature or one nerf/buff takes a lot of work alone to do and since he's all by himself , its like you expect him to finish all of this in one day, he doesnt have a team to help him, he has to figure things out himself, and i acknowledge all his hard work he is doing fr the sake of getting some bucks to make a living, honestly its not like wob is a multi-millionare gaming site, its just average wage.

even little things like naming your Zanpakuto, or changing your Username) costing real world currency, when all shards floating around are the result of someone's real world currency.

i actually agree with this, but then i remember that name changes used to get increased cost everytime you changed it and now its a static 10 shards per name, so i do acknowledge that it did get better over time.

the only problem is that the shards now instead of costing 3.5mill back then, now it costs 5mill so it still feels as expensive.

but i understand that somewhere he needs to make off money from this game since its his only source of income, so i cant be too mad about it.

Moving on to the next subject.

I too dislike the way pvp system is, and i especially hate it when every few months or so something nerfs and something else gets buffed that everyone feels the need to redo their custom to be OP again, infact ppl who are poor and cant afford to redo customs every now and then are the ones who usually sufffer from this end, were already scraping what we have left to even FIND shard sellers to get a custom change and be relevant again and that takes weeks to months to collect, only to have it all taken away by a new patch where he nerfs/buffs it, it happened to me before i spent months getting all the shards i needed to 1- change my spec because back then it was garbage 2- change some of my cutom moves cuz they were nerfed to crap, and next week a new patch is introduced oh guess what, all the time i spent trying to gather those shards and be relevant again in pvp just went to waste, im so F***** upset , why did i even bother, so i just gave up and just stopped trying to "play" the game for real which is such a shame, not to mention the slight envy i have from all other rich wobbers who can just afford to change anytime they want and be a top damage dealers in pvp while the majority of wob cant even afford one move change.

im not going to lie, i am personally upset with how the pvp system is, and i do hope it gets fixed to be more stable, but im not going to call out levi and act like he isnt doing anything about it, because i know everyday how much he works and tries his best for our interest and its not fair to say that he doesnt care about his community or that he's too lazy to fix the issues.

infact every once in a while i notice he adds a new change to the system that i think is really good and may benefit it, if only that was added back when i used to play the game then it would have been great.
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacrimosa Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:15 pm

I have to agree that the Def spec sounds quite lackluster. Maybe Def spec simply doesn't have enough players playing it for new strategies to develop or be discovered by said players, at least when compared to the majority of Aggro players, but all the def-spec users I've heard of have always ended up gaining the notorious reputation of stallers (except maybe for Mayuri), so I do think this is an issue that needs to be addressed beyond the usual "figure it yourself" attitude.

I've never played a Def spec (and I'm an impatient chipmunk that practically yoloquits when a fight goes above 30 mins), so I do not claim to be an authority in that field, but there really isn't a lot of incentive to be Def at the moment. The game is about PvP and winners of PvP is determined by who ends up dying and boss contribution is damage based (KC boss score board), so what can def spec do other than be a damn wall that's hard to kill and oftentimes inadvertently dragging on a fight just because they don't want to forfeit/die.

@Logician
I'll have to disagree with you contempt towards minor patches/hotfixes. Those may be minor changes to numbers, but they are pretty damn important for balance in a PvP game that is already not so balanced. I do agree that not letting people know that a report is being taken care of is mind-boggling frustrating, but this is a thread on the topic of PvP balance, not the bureaucracy behind support tickets. If you want to file a complaint on that, feel free to start a new thread about it instead of hijacking another thread and lead it astray.

I don't know what sort of gaming community you come from, but WoB's admin and staff are much friendlier than the majority I've met, and Lsm is VERY involved with the community (albeit always at friggin' 3 am in the morning because he's a damn vampire) so I have no clue where you are coming from with your gripe towards them. In fact, I was hoping that the mods and admins would abuse their powers to ban max much earlier, and that's coming from someone who was quite ready to jump on the moderator hate train. Funny enough, my first support in this game was a brickwall of complaints against Orosan. August Anhilation for R5s, remember? Good times. /s

I was about to get back into RPing until I saw Max. Like I told him, my interest in RPing and WoB's community weren't enough to counterbalance my dislike of him. Why? That'd deserve a whole thread to itself and since the mods are so against badmouthing people/insulting them and insist on staying politically correct beyond innuendos, that won't happen.

Were the RP mods mistreated? I wouldn't know because not much have been left out for the public to see except the fact that they were demoted from RP mod. Was that a slap in the face? Moreso in the ego I presume because honestly, RPs (at least on such a small scale) don't need a moderator with a shiny tag except for locking/stickying threads, and like Stray had mentioned, she didn't really care about it that much. Although I guess since she claims to be a sociopath, maybe she shouldn't be used as a reference point.

I do have to agree that charging shards for sword name/description really peeved me when I first started the game. I like immersion/RPing and I'll be damned if I got stuck being a damn shark, so I worked my butt off to change my sword into a custom that's really f***ing expensive to maintain if i want to stay relevant because of all the changes. I honestly don't really see why charging shard for that (read: name change and desc change) is necessary especially because sword descriptions are not visible to anyone but the owner. Name...maybe...if people wanted to deceive their opponent during release by pretending to own another stocksword, but eh, it kills the RP aspect of the game, making WoB all about numbers to me. I don't think that'll change anytime soon. Lsm has said in the past that he's not really into text-based RPing.
Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Kōta Yamazaki
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by WarJack Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:23 pm

I'll start this off by apologising to Cyro for completely going off topic. I love you man, and I'll fully read your post after I've proof-read the damn thing and can stand to look at it without breaking out into a cold-sweat. <3

No, instead I'll be addressing the comments made by the new guy who joined today. Welcome to the forums by the way, M-... Er, Logician.

Much of the feedback in Social is, this isn't actually resolving any of the problems the players are facing

Are you watching the same social as I am? Might be a wise idea to watch more carefully. Because I'm seeing new problems popping up as a result of new mechanics or balance changes. I'm seeing problems being resolved, followed by new ones appearing.

and what use are all of these 'hotfixes' and 'patches' if the way Staff treat Support Tickets makes the Tickets system all but obsolete?

This one has been covered by Orosan, so I'll ignore it. Plus it's a pretty silly question anyway.

but I'm struggling to see the point in playing this game when so much work still needs to be done on areas I haven't seen any mention of on the Announcements page, and we're so busy pleasing the r6 through r8 that other vital areas of gameplay are neglected.

Suggestions are, of course, always welcomed under Support Request > Request Type: Suggestion

Does he think we're so easily entertained, that he can have a minimal hand in WoB, but still enjoy the success of a game whose staff are thoroughly invested in the well-being of a game's player base?

Not sure about you, but I'm pretty easily entertained. :D

Seriously though, 'minimal hand', what planet are you on? Have you seen the crazy amounts of hours Levi puts into working on WoB?

Plenty of us have submitted reports along these lines, but not only are our entries to LSM's Corner never published, and our Tickets closed, but some of us have found ourselves on the wrong end of a ban, with nothing but a "You have been banned" error message to let us know someone didn't like something we did.

Well damn. Every question I've ever submitted to the corner has been answered. Perhaps you're asking the wrong question, hmmm?

Also, you've found yourself on the wrong end of a ban? Well then, I suggest not breaking the rules. :D
(I highly doubt anyone has been banned for no good reason. But I'd love for you to give me some examples.)

I think I will come back when Levi becomes as familiar with the game, and addressing the social dynamics therein, as he is the BAN and CLOSE TICKET features.

When Levi becomes familiar with the game? Can I get some of what this guy is smoking, please?

"Addressing the social dynamics therein"? Could you please be a tad more specific, instead of saying vague gibberish like this? Perhaps an example would be appropriate here.

I was thinking about getting back into RP, but once I saw how the former RP Leaders and Max were treated, there was no way I wanted that for myself; the way those people were treated was inexcusable.

Unsure what the story is with the, ah, "former RP Leaders", sadly I've only played WoB for 2 years and I haven't spent much time on the forums. But Max? Oh Max. I tried with that guy, I really did. But he kept attacking from the wrong angle.
He'd get up on his soapbox in social and shout loud enough for the whole world to hear. I'm not entirely sure what he was expecting as a response, but I found him to be a passionate, highly intelligent individual; so I doubt he didn't see the ban coming.

Professionalism is treating all customers with respect, no matter your personal feelings for them, so every desperate plea from staff that they are being professional is falling on deaf ears right about now.

The first two points? I couldn't agree with you more. Absolutely. 100%. However, your latter point? I haven't had a single experience with any Moderator or other Staff member during my 2 years at WoB that has been anything less than professional. And believe me, I've been a baaaaaad boy. I've had more Official Warnings and Guilty Reports than I have had birthdays.

It's just lazy, and there is no excuse for everything (even little things like naming your Zanpakuto, or changing your Username) costing real world currency, when all shards floating around are the result of someone's real world currency.

I have multiple issues with this point. For starters; what is just lazy? You never really said. You can't start a paragraph (which means starting a new point) then divert onto a second point after a vague statement like that. Ironically, I find that to be lazy.

Secondly, "there's no excuse for everything costing real world money". I'm sorry, I wasn't aware this was a pay-to-play game, forgive me. Oh wait. This game is free-to-play. Perhaps you missed that part? How else does Levi generate revenue to continue funding WoB and not letting it die?

Also, "all the shards floating around are the results of someone's real world currency." Your point?

He's getting paid enough to care what we think, making things that are free elsewhere cost real money on WoB, but I'm getting the distinct impression that he doesn't feel motivated enough to foster feelings of trust and dependability with us, his players. What are we, then, if the only consideration we're worth is whether we have outlived our usefulness?

Step off your soapbox, take a walk outside and have a look around the real world, my friend. Money makes the world go around. Without money, we can't do anything. Suffice to say, WoB is a business. A business Levi needs to succeed, otherwise he has to go and get a real job (kappa). On a serious note, of course he cares about his players. If we go bye-bye, so does his business.

I'm not even going to respond to the last sentence, since it's complete nonsense.

I'm going to be taking an indefinite break from WoB, until such a time as things improve, and dozens of people stop individually being told that they are the only ones with complaints and that they should just stop or leave.
Heavens only knows how long until mine and CYRO's posts, and any others addressing long-standing issues with the game and/or it's leadership, mysteriously 'disappear' one day. There are still posts up of Staff criticizing players, but I guess that's none of my business.

Funnily enough, I've never seen anyone be told to 'stop', or 'leave', unless they were causing a disturbance in Mixed Social. Hmmm.

I can't imagine I'd see any posts on here talking about long standing issues being deleted without prior consent from the author.

Can you please direct me to a post where a WoB Staff member is criticising a player? I'd definitely be interested in reading that.

In Summary: I think you're being far too dramatic, and making a big fuss over nothing. But perhaps I've had preferential treatment from the staff members, since I'm such a big donator? Man, oh man, I wish. I actually got social banned on the eve of the latest update and tried to buy my way out of it, offering to buy ridiculous numbers of Shards, but even then Lsm said 'No'. Rules are rules, after all. You break it, you do your time.

Idk where I'm really going with this. I'm honestly struggling to follow your train of thought in your post. You seem to jump from one thing to another. Cyro was originally talking about how the Stall Meta was becoming stifling and how Defensive players felt under-powered. Next I'm reading you talking about the "professionalism of the staff" and the way the "the former RP Leaders and Max were treated". Kinda jumpy.

Come to think of it, you've mentioned Max's name twice in your post...

Are you a fan?
WarJack
WarJack
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: WarJack
Title: King of Hueco Mundo
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by CYRO Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 am

So This was never I hate the way Wob is Run or A Problem with moderators or LSM. I love wob the game and the spirit it is meant to be. I said not just LSM but All of WOB. That means you as well if you fall into the stall game. As for changing it to make it better...Read LSM corner. looks like he is doing a lot to me. Matter of fact he even asked for help from us did anyone else catch that?

My Problems for the most part are a balance issue in the game that is not Easy to fix in the game without overpowering me and I have stated before that is not what I want.

My frustration comes from the Fact PEOPLE LIKE YOU TAKE ADVATAGE OF IT AND DONT GO WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME! Taking advantage of my Frustration at the imbalance of the game to my spec and changing it into Lets bash the modes pisses me off. I am not quitting the game but taking a leave until it gets better and if I play I'm gonna be goofy and not fight as hard as I can be.

as for modes not getting in trouble for there behavior...I know one that I had an legitimate complaint about had repercussions from lsm.

If it was up to me I would delete your post for just being off topic, twice for how untruthful it is, And thrice just for your disrespect to me and wob as a hole.

CYRO
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum