World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword overhual

+5
Zedox-149
Lust
Dead_pool
Mishin
Jeantall
9 posters

Go down

Sword overhual Empty Sword overhual

Post by Jeantall Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 am

Many of the older swords are pointless with the new armory or completely unsuited to their spec. Aka a spirit zan with melee weakness and stam regen. Is it possible for them to get a complete overhaul to match the current system with the armory? Its just my opinion but if there is a better armory version of a zan move out there.....its a real disappointment when you struggle to finally unlock a zan to only find out its near worthless. Noticed a lot of new players quit at r5 and this might have a factor in it?

I would be willing to go over them is checking each and everyone is to much of a hassle to do yourself. I doubt you would go for it though XD. Either way the swords do need a massive overhaul.....having a 1.4 1 square kb that does less damage then a 3.3 two square kb is a major let down
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Sword overhual Empty Re: Sword overhual

Post by Mishin Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 pm

i'm with jeantall, i think that an overhaul of zan's will reduce the number of people that quit the game
Mishin
Mishin
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:36 am

To further add I went over the known res and zans effects to see if any of then are unsuited for their spec.  I am sure the moves are in the same boat or worse off then the effects.
Beesu no Taikouchi (Bass Drummer)
Spirit sword
Effects: Melee Boost - 9%, Spirit Boost - 9%
Mariposa de Medianoche (Midnight Butterfly)
Type: Spirit
Effects:Spirit Boost - 9%, Sp Regen - 1.95%
Yuukan na Samurai(Valiant Samurai):
Type: Melee
Effects: Melee Boost - 10%, Melee Resist - 10%, Se Regen - 1.35%
Rinoceronte Rugoso
Effects: Berserk - Spirit Energy - Melee Resist  

This is just the known hollow swords to elite rank. While I do not expect any sword to be perfect in its spec I do not expect a useless stat for the current system. melee with a se regen?  Also noticed many moves are not scaled to be better or even on par with armory moves despite having another stat and much harder to train. Their cost also is incredibly on for such such moves as well. While they may scale better later its something that should scale r5-r8 fairly well(hard to do for sure)
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:59 am

Swords definitely need to be overhauled, just by looking at the lesser and some of the elite...like Balanced swords, there was Melee boost with a spirit weakness, and don't get me started on teleport, and movement, at upper ranks that is useless, with moves up here.
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lust Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 am

Jeantall wrote:To further add I went over the known res and zans effects to see if any of then are unsuited for their spec.  I am sure the moves are in the same boat or worse off then the effects.
Beesu no Taikouchi (Bass Drummer)
Spirit sword
Effects: Melee Boost - 9%, Spirit Boost - 9%
Yuukan na Samurai(Valiant Samurai):
Effects: Melee Boost - 10%, Melee Resist - 10%, Se Regen - 1.35%
Rinoceronte Rugoso

This is just the known hollow swords to elite rank. While I do not expect any sword to be perfect in its spec I do not expect a useless stat for the current system. melee with a se regen?  Also noticed many moves are not scaled to be better or even on par with armory moves despite having another stat and much harder to train.  Their cost also is incredibly on for such such moves as well. While they may scale better later its something that should scale r5-r8 fairly well(hard to do for sure)

You fail to see that spirit boost on a melee zan is great; It adds on you your own defenses while enhancing your own offense. As far as SE regen on a melee; It reduces the spirit cost of your zan while not taking such a big toll on your melee pool, thus reducing the rate at which your pool based defenses start to lower.

Short and probable answer is no; took long enough to get to where they are, hell you guys must have forgotten the problems we faced with the move unlocks.
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 am

spirit boost or melee boost only increase offense....unless your balance its rather pointless to boost the skill your weak with...since you will still do better then with you preferred skill. Since if your melee or spirit your moves should only drain your main pool and do it so fast you should never run out of spirit if your melee based...I can see it being useful on a balance type
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Sword overhual Empty Sword overhaul

Post by Zedox-149 Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:02 am

Am also with jean cos some ress are almost useless when you look am the effect and move combination for example Pajaro imitado , a ress with a heal and spirit boost as effect has a 3.3 25% reflect an a 3.3 20% melee weakness, its moves are weaker than armory move cos amory R6 weakness is 30% nd R8 reflect is 50% , the more you lvl up the more you see how useless ur sword is

Zedox-149
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:42 pm

i got my sword overhauled via a support ticket. i guess others can do this too if they have useless stuff but i guess a complete overhaul would be better. but in the meantime just write a support ticket i suppose Headbang

Dana
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo_Cryptus Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 pm

well should i get an overhaul too?
does it cost shards? Whut?
my zan is Bouenkyou Ken
Effects:
Melee Boost - 7%
Spirit Resist - 8%
and i have a 6% dual weakness and a 40% spirit boost
Leo_Cryptus
Leo_Cryptus
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Leo Cyptus
Title: The shadow lion
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo_Cryptus Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:54 am

Dana wrote:i got my sword overhauled via a support ticket. i guess others can do this too if they have useless stuff but i guess a complete overhaul would be better. but in the meantime just write a support ticket i suppose Headbang
did it cost shards?
if not then im totally getting an overhaul
Leo_Cryptus
Leo_Cryptus
Human
Human

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Dana's case was that she was spirit type with a duel weakness so it was against her spec. I have no idea what your spec is but if its balance then I do think yours is correct in its type. The issue is that how many new players will know to put in a ticket? And even then the moves are under powered compared some of the armory moves and just need to have their numbers tweaked to be on par to their armory cousins. Many players do not even talk so you would have no idea to that their zan is wrong to help them even.
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo_Cryptus Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:57 pm

i have an aggressive balanced
Leo_Cryptus
Leo_Cryptus
Human
Human

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Just to note, Dana's sword was "overhauled" because she had core boosts that didn't coincide with her specialization - which was an error made by an admin that created the sword a while back in which they confused SE and SP regeneration. I can review 'problem' swords and pass them on to Lsm if they appear to be a bit sloppy.

Leo's sword has proper boosts and effects - as the sword is a balanced sword (i.e. melee & spirit is suitable). The spirit boost can be used to buff armory moves and the dual weakness is appropriate to decrease the opponents resistant to spiritual and physical damage.

Zedox: This is perhaps one that got missed when Lsm did the balancing - I will pass it along to him.

It is worth noting that some of the information in the listing thread is outdated. These appear to possibly have issues, I will give Lsm the names for review.

Rinoceronte Rugoso
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:01 am

Those are just the ones I looked at and could see Hito. I did not even look at legendary or the zans. I just checked the ress for hollows since I was trying to get both sides to talk in this topic.
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:06 am

Yes, I'm aware of that. It takes time to evaluate everything and the listings for the swords are just those that have been rolled by users and shared, there are still swords that have yet to be added to the lists.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonin Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Ohey, an aggro melee with Spirit regen is so they can keep released longer. There is nothing wrong with a boost like that. (I.e. Kaze no Daikama)
lyonin
lyonin
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Lyonin
Title: Rogue
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeantall Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:46 am

To be honest I have never ran out of spirit energy ever in a fight. It takes the same amount of stam as spirit but you spam your melee moves in a fight and drain even more stam then spirit.  With zan moves more so as each one can normally cost 200 roughly. Even with 1500 more stam I will still pool out stam wise with just 3-4 moves used.  If you need spirit energy as a melee you were using spirit moves and should look to balance in my opinion
Jeantall
Jeantall
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down