World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destruction's End (The final arc.)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Destruction's End (The final arc.) Empty Destruction's End (The final arc.)

Post by Setoku Thu May 09, 2013 2:06 am

(I'm still editing the other story, and decided, hey, why not multi-task? Took a long enough break to write another story... So anyway, here we go. The final arc of the Story of Lyonin, Stray, and Setoku.)

-----50 years later-----

Chapter One: The Awakening:

Lyonin sat perched on a quartz tree, gazing down to Stray lovingly, as she lay upon the ground, eyes slightly glazed over. Was she dead? Maybe... Lyonin took a breath, and his smile grew wider. And then he posed a question, which caused Stray to blush slightly.

"On a hot summer night, do you offer your throat... to the wolf with red roses?"

Stray's eyes went wide for a moment, but she answered, although quietly at first.

"Yes..."

Lyonin glared down a moment, speaking once more, yet his voice was still the same softness she remembered, even with the glare.

"Again."

This time, though, Stray understood. She didn't hesitate, didn't think about it, she just spoke.

"On a hot summer night... do you... offer your throat, to the wolf... with red roses?"

Lyonin suddenly smiled, leaning forward, reaching toward her.

"Yes."

Stray turned an even darker shade, and as Lyonin's hand drew closer, she felt clawed hands wrap around her mouth, and tug her literally into the ground, and a single, haunting voice, the voice... she'd never forget.

"Ha... I bet you say that to all the boys."

Stray felt her body lurch, as she awakened from her daydream, she could still feel it... Setoku's hand's around her chin. Didn't Lyonin kill him? Why was she dreaming about such now...? She turned her head to the side, gazing at the cold, hard rock of the Meno's Forest. It was over. Right when Setoku had fallen, offering his blessing... Lanaught had ended their victory. He had cast Stray into the depths... where she battled endless hordes of Hollow, trying desperately to make her way back home. To Lyonin. But it was in vain. Even now, she lay on the cold ground, her body covered in wounds... She had killed so many, but she knew, it was only a matter of time. She heard something off to her left, and turned her head...

"My god..."

Her voice wanted to cut off. She was surrounded, by at least twenty Meno's Grande. They must have sensed her weakening reiatsu.... They knew... it was her time. She knew it... too. She felt tears well in her eyes, and in a final, daring reproach, she screamed Lyonin's name, allowing the Hollow to converge on her. It was over.... at last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About ten yards away, a shadow shifted slightly as the Hollow moved in - It was barely a second, the Hollow drew closer, and closer, their mouths hanging open, some charging Ceros, others, merely with mouths hung open. Stray had a sad smile on her face, her eyes half open, filled with tears. But she caught it, the shadow. And just as quick as she spotted it, she felt blood cover her body. Not just a bit, but almost like an ocean - And not only that, reiatsu. It wanted to drown her. In her weakened state, there wasn't much she could do about it, anyway.

"You alright, Stray-niichan?"

Stray flinched, as a hand reached for her, and she caught it. Those eyes... those dead, dull, lonely... purple eyes.

"Se...to...ku...?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing before the Senkaimon, Lyonin sighed. It was time. It had been fifty years, and he had heard nothing. Jen, already a Captain herself, hadn't spoken to him for quite some time. Perhaps her own investigations had drawn the same as his. Nill. He took a step forward, and the gates slowly pulled open. He needed to go back, to Las Noches. He needed to find Lanaught, Michiyo... and the so-called, new Primera. Sorayn.

"Lyonin-taicho, wait."

He felt a soft hand touch his shoulders, and he jerked away. Heading toward the Senkaimon. No one would stop him this time, no one. Not even Jen.

"Lyonin-taicho, no. I just wanted to say... Good luck. I'll follow shortly."

Lyonin stopped, and turned. His eyes still those soft, kind eyes.

"Thank you... Jen-taicho... I will await you, and so will... Stray."

He locked eyes with the girl, as he stepped backwards into the portal, watching as Jen's smile slowly faded, to a look of sadness.

"Michiyo-san. Lanaught-san. Come."

Sitting on a massive throne, the new Primera, sat. His fingers gently tapping on one of the stone armrests. Ever since Setoku had appointed him this honor, he had decided to do what he could. And the first matter of business, was dealing with these two.

Michiyo frowned, before stepping forward, while Lanaught, merely turned his head to the side, and he too, stepped forward. In unison, the two spoke.

"Yes, Primera-sama."

Sorayn smiled widely at this - Many eons ago, before the coming of Setoku-sama, this was his station. When he was exiled by the... Former emperor, he merely wondered, until Setoku dropped the head of that man before his feet, and begged his return. Setoku had done a lot for him.... And Sorayn, would only return the favor... for now.

"Where is Setoku-sama now?"

Michiyo bit her lip, before speaking. She was reluctant to her new superior, which, while Sorayn understood it, he disliked it intensely. This was all part of Setoku-sama's greater wisdom, and Sora-san, as Setoku called him, expected them all to follow it.

"He... is collecting... Zero-sama, Primera-sama."

Sorayn frowned inwardly, he was not told of this. Wasn't Setoku the newly appointed Zero? Zero was still alive? Sorayn slammed his fist into the armrest, before rising to his full height, glaring to Michiyo.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?! I swore allegiance to Setoku-sama, not that broken wolf!"

Lanaught placed a hand on Michiyo's chest, pushing her back slowly. On his chest, was a proper tattoo, a three. He smirked to Sorayn, and spit out the answer.

"Setoku-sama is our emperor, Sora-kun. I expect you to know this. And Zero-sama... still outweighs him.... and you."

Sorayn bit down on his lip, frowning deeply. She was broken, no longer a problem. Who did Lanaught think he was? Well... no matter. He would deal with him in time... All of them. Setoku, Michiyo, Lanaught... and... That dirty wolf.

Last edited by Setoku on Thu May 09, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

Destruction's End (The final arc.) Empty Re: Destruction's End (The final arc.)

Post by Setoku Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Chapter Two: Hope... None:

Stray took the shadow's hand, gazing into those seamless perfect purple eyes. Why was he here? Was she dreaming? She had to be, he was dead! So.... was she, right? She squeezed his hand lovingly, before suddenly yanking it down, pulling him to her own level.

"Nii-sama, are you my guide?"

Setoku stared at her a moment, like she was an idiot or something. Could the dead express feelings? She didn't think so.

"Your guide, nee-chan? Guide for what?"

Stray rose her eyebrow as she gazed to Setoku. Guide for what? How could he not know his primary duty?

"You know... my Guide to the underworld. Lyonin told me about that..."

Setoku pulled Stray off the ground, a dead serious look on his face for a moment - She was scared, had she said something wrong? Were the dead not supposed to know?

"Nee-chan. You aren't dead. Been around Shiningami too much."

Setoku reached up, and placed his hand on her head - And Stray couldn't help but blush. It was his hand.... he was alive. Lyonin hadn't kill him. She didn't know why this made her happy, but it did. And he had even given his blessing before the fall. Lyonin was like his brother, now!

"Nii-sama.... shutup."

A wooden gate formed at the entrance of Las Noches, and from it, Lyonin emerged. It was still the same as ever here. Silent. Haunting. Dead. He took a step forward, under the massive 'gates' and into the broken down structure. The sands inside were still red, as if soaked in fresh blood. Another step, and a memory hit him. The Memory of when he chased Stray down, running up Setoku's tower. Another step. Another memory of Stray. She was still alive, she had to be. Another step, and a voice echoed in his head.

"Lyonin-taicho... Welcome. To my domain."

Lyonin stopped, his hand hovering over the hilt of his atsuchi. That voice.... it wasn't familiar. It was not Lanaught, nor Michiyo. The voice was so similar to Setoku.... yet it wasn't as lonely. It seemed more... Insane. Mad. Twisted. Lyonin took a slow breath, before answering.

"Thank you, Primera-sama."

Sorayn smiled slowly, before he emerged from the sands. Literally, his body slipped upwards, the red sand falling off his body as he rose. Lyonin did not completely understand what was standing before him, Sorayn summed, or he wouldn't be so casual. Then again, Setoku-sama had told him Lyonin was as mad as he, and feared nothing.

"Can I help you with something, Taicho?"

Sorayn offered, in his most stable, polite tone possible. Setoku asked him not to kill the Captain, not yet. And for this performance, Sorayn knew, he would need all his marbles, so to speak. Lyonin raised an eyebrow, and knelt his head slightly, showing an usual amount of respect.

"Yes, actually. I am looking for the Stray Wolf of the Desert.... and her Brother."

He wasn't sure why, but something told him, whispered to him... Setoku was alive. But Lyonin couldn't decide if this was a good or bad thing, but he supposed that didn't matter. Lyonin eyed Sorayn carefully, watched as his face suddenly turned crestfallen, then to stone, as if he had no emotion.

"Setoku-sama... and Stray-sama.... are dead, Lyonin-taicho. Lanaught saw to Stray... and you... Saw to Setoku."

Lyonin glared at Sorayn a moment, a glint in his eye. A flinch. Sorayn calculated - Lyonin... didn't want to believe him. Refused to, that was alright though. Sorayn was told this might happen. Setoku-sama... really had this thought out.

"Do not worry though, Lyonin-taicho. I have let Lanaught live, if you wish to dispose of him."

Two birds with one stone, Sorayn thought. Setoku did allow him such power, after all. Lyonin stared, stone faced at Sorayn, before answering.

"No need.... Is it... okay if I look around in the forests? Or will your Espada... stop such?"

Sorayn spread his palms out, before his arms, presenting a shrug gesture. Setoku-sama taught him everything about this moment. How to act, what to do, how to speak. He couldn't believe how precise Setoku was. It was few moments like these that he respected the man like none before him... But he would still kill, one day.

"I have no problem with allowing you such. Setoku-sama would of wanted it. But the Espada are broken, and don't listen to me. If they move on you, you have my full support in disposing of them."

Sorayn smiled slowly, and Lyonin glared for a moment. Lyonin suddenly grunted, and turn his back on Sorayn, stalking off into the distance. He was heading for the Great Canyon, clearly. The only known entrance to Menos Forest. Hundreds of Miles away from Setoku and Stray. Sorayn spoke quietly, as he turned around himself, and walked back to the Primera tower.

"Pray... you survive, Taicho-san."

As the Captain and the Head Espada ended their conversation - Sitting high above the two, hidden from sight by Michiyo's tower, their reiatsu suppressed, sat Lanaught and Michiyo. Of course they were listening in, why wouldn't they be? They didn't like Sorayn. They didn't like the fact Setoku gave him so much power.... but Setoku knew what he was doing, right? It was Lanaught who broke the silence, though.

"He's a clever man, that Sorayn. Setoku can at least pick good actors."

Michiyo smiled inwardly, shooting back her suggestion at his 'skill.'

"Setoku-sama taught him everything about Lyonin. And everything to say. He can just follow orders."

Lanaught slowly shook his head. He knew Michiyo would forever be obsessed with Setoku, it was how Setoku designed her. But how she showed such unwavering loyalty, he never understood.

"No, Michiyo-chan. He is good. He is the former primera. Someone for us to fear. I will follow behind the Captain, make sure he doesn't find either Setoku... or Stray. That could pose a problem."

Michiyo nodded, before reaching down to the floor, and pulling up a golden crown, teasingly placing it on her skull.

"Yes, if they find the Emperor's crown in my room, they may give me the credit, and not Setoku-sama"

Lanaught giggled, before rising to his feet.

"Indeed, that could very well happen. Keep an eye on Sorayn-sama. And be careful. He's dangerous."

Michiyo nodded, and slowly pulled the crown from her skull.

"Lanaught-san..."

"Yes, Michiyo-chan?"

"Make sure.... Setoku-sama is OK... please..?"

Lanaught smiled, and nodded, before he was gone. Michiyo lowered her head, and sighed. It had been five years since Setoku left..... Forty Nine since his Majesty was killed.... But not by just Setoku.... Setoku-sama... and Sorayn did it. Where was he now? Why wasn't she left in charge?

"Most likely, because you're only a fanatic of his, not a leader, Segunda Espada-chan."

Michiyo's eyes went wide, as she felt a massive weight press into her neck, knocking her unconscious.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 am

Intermission 1: Nothing

"As you say.... My lord."

The voice... so empty, so devoid of emotion. It was... Setoku. Michiyo's eyes slowly opened, the image fuzzy, bright. What had happened? One minute, she was speaking to Lanaught-san... the next.

"Sora-kun..."

She managed, as she struggled to get up - Yet to no avail. She blinked her eyes repeatedly, trying to clear the distorted image before her. Why was Setoku here?

"Yes, my Lord."

She snapped her head to the side, that was the voice of Sorayn! What was going on? Who was this lord they were speaking too? And just like that, the image suddenly cleared, it became crisp. She looked over, to the form of an animal atop a Throne, a crown resting on his massive head. That crown...

"Emperor-sama..."

Her whole body screamed at her, to run, to hide. Setoku had told her of this mans power.... The unrelenting evil that surrounded him. Sure, she figured, Setoku was the epitome of evil.... but this man... he was on a whole different level. Setoku rose from his knee, his hand dropping to the hilt of his sword.

"One more thing, Emperor-sama"

Sorayn followed suite, slowly rising from his knee. What was going on? She thought Setoku and Sorayn had killed the Emperor over fifty years ago. Why was he back?

"Speak, Setoku-kun."

Setoku looked over to Sorayn, and inclined his head. The Emperor looked to the two, before speaking. As he spoke, his form begun to change, from that of a massive wolf, to a nude, short, and muscular... child?

"I see... So Seth-kun, you still hold vengeance against me? Remember your place, boy."

Seth...? Who the hell was Seth? Michiyo struggled harder, it felt as if chains were holding her in place. She needed to help Setoku! The Emperor stepped down from his Throne, a single hand raised, casting Sorayn back and into the wall. His body bounced off the granite, and Setoku shot forward, sword shoved for a direct impale... And, the sight before he suddenly... paused? Then, it cracked, before shattering to several pieces. The image before her now... was darkness. Forever, seemingly.

"Did you see it, Michiyo-san? The day me and Setoku, killed the Emperor. There is much more to it, though. Let me show you, you, who serve such a man so unwavering, the price you paid."

Michiyo closed her eyes, as the sight before he begun to change again. The Price she paid...?
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Intermission 2: And Love said.... Yes.

The image before Michiyo, the unrelenting darkness, it swirled around, before whipping into form. The form was that of which she first saw, Setoku - Mid-lunge, sword shoved forward, and like that, it begun to play again. The sword's tip touched the nose of the emperor, and in almost the span of an eye blink, it was shunted off to the side, sending Setoku flying into a wall. The Emperor dropped his hand slowly, smiling with a certain malice Michiyo couldn't explain.

"Is this the extent of your power, Setoku-kun? Even Stray-hime could do much bett---"

The Emperor threw up his hand again, and caught a sword that was aimed at his neck, before his eyes shifted to the side, gazing at Sorayn.

"Oh...? Seth-kun, ever since you were expelled from Primera, your hatred has grown sharper... But your intellect... well..."

The Emperor's hand closed on Sorayn's blade, and the Emperor lazily cast it aside, sending Sorayn with it into the opposite wall from Setoku.

"The extent of two Leaders, huh? I haven't even called up my Ressurcion."

The Emperor snapped his fingers, and the tip of Sorayn's blade exploded, sending tiny shards of metal into the walls around the two. The walls, and their flesh. The Emperor took another step forward, and suddenly, Setoku stirred, pulling himself up from the ground. Michiyo wanted to reach for him... Tell him she loved him, wish him luck.... His battered form was more than she could take - And he hadn't even got a single hit in on the Emperor.

"You are released.... Oscuras-kun."

The Emperor stopped in his tracks, turning his head to eye Setoku casually.

"Oh...?"

Setoku straightened out his form, and took a step forward, the wounds on his body starting to close up, causing Michiyo to smile. This was why she was so dedicated to him, she had never met a man, or woman for that matter, quite like him.

"Yes. And the power of your sword... Is control over others Ressurcions... Do not think I haven't studied you."

The boy gazed at Setoku a moment, before his childish laugh erupted. Followed by clapping.

"I am impressed, Setoku-kun! You have learnt my ability. But what else? How about how Seth-kun's sword will never recover? How you two can't even call upon your swords for help... Did you cover that, as well?"

Setoku turned his head to the side, spitting out a tooth.

"I was just getting to that. Lobo Oscuras, you aren't strong, you are manipulative. You are... Aizen, reborn into a hollow. Nothing more."

The Emperor's eyes suddenly went wide, and in a heartbeat it seemed, he appeared in front of Setoku, knelt down. Setoku's eyes went wide, as the Emperor stood up, slamming his child-like fist into Setoku's chin, causing him to literally do a back-flip from the force. On the second spin, Setoku dropped, basically doing a belly-flop onto the floor.

"Never compare me with that distasteful Shinigami. My power is altogether different! I am on a whole different level!"

Lobo Oscuras shoved his foot into Setoku's rib-cage, and sent him flying into a beam on the ceiling. Then it was Sora's turn. Once Setoku hit the beam, he dropped his sword, Michiyo could of sworn on purpose - And Sorayn caught it, rolling on the ground. He jumped up, and stabbed forward.

"Nice Try, Seth-kun."

Lobo said as he leaned back, the blade passing over his body by mere centimeters. Sorayn's eyes went wide, as he quickly pulled the sword back, but Lobo came up right behind it, and Sorayn leaned back. From Lobo's sleeve, a blade shot forth, taking off some ends on his head. As Sorayn watched his hair fly off his head, he held his sword back in mid-lean, which Setoku grabbed.

"Goodnight, My Lord."

Setoku grabbed the sword, and as Sorayn leaned back, his back touching the floor now, Setoku spun his whole body in a barrel roll, inches above the emperor, and stabbed down, sending the blade into Lobo's back. There was a huge splash of blood, followed by nothing. Michiyo could only stare, her heart beating faster then she had ever felt it before. She was watching history unfold right before her.... Why... Hadn't Setoku informed her? She could have helped! Suddenly, a voice broke her thoughts, as Lobo's voice echoed through the hall.

"Setoku-kun... You two work in perfect unison... Do you wish my spot so much you cooperate with this trash to gain it?"

"No... I wish it... For Michiyo."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Final Intermission: _*~*Her Majesty*~*_

Michiyo's eyes grew wide. Her breath suddenly became quick, and erratic. For her...? She tried to reach for her chest, but again, to no avail. She couldn't move, she couldn't think! She leaned her head back, as the image before her cleared, and again, seemingly paused. In it's place, Sorayn stepped before her.

"Do you see now, Michiyo...? For you. He did this, for you. The price you paid... will be seen in a moment. But let me tell you this... This is the man you serve, this is the man you'd die for... THIS is the man who does not LOVE you."

Michiyo felt her throat catch. Tears well up in her eyes. What did he mean? What Setoku just did... was the most romantic thing she had ever seen. How did she pay a price? Sorayn merely smiled, raising a hand, and dragging his hand along the image, which flickered.

"Let's continue, shall we, my dear?"

And like that he was gone, and the image slowly begun to pick up again. Lobo's voice cracked, as he rose back up. A sword resting in his back. But once he turned to face Setoku, she saw why it hadn't hurt him. It was right at his hollow hole.

"For... Michiyo-san? Don't you know, Setoku... She will die."

Setoku smiled inwardly, before turning his head to the side.

"That may be. But then I'll be the leader by default. And you... will die."

Sorayn suddenly jumped up from behind Lobo, placing his hand on the top of his skull, and shoving him easily into the ground - He then reached back, pulling Setoku's sword out of the kings hollow hole, and casting it Setoku's way.

"Setoku-sama. Let's end this chat with him, shall we?"

Setoku caught the sword, and spun it around slowly. He then lunged forward, and shoved the blade downward. The Emperor raised an arm, and as the blade that shot out of his sleeve caught Setoku's, Michiyo noticed a spark of recognition in Setoku's eyes. He was.... Afraid..? Setoku's sword was spun around, and thrown out of his hand, but Sorayn, reaching over, caught the hilt, and stabbed it into the side of the Emperor's skull. The Emperor kicked, and bucked Sorayn off.

"You won't win this, Setoku!!!!"

His voice caused the entire Las Noches hall to shake, and slightly crumble. The Lord's eyes gleamed bright orange, and as Sorayn was thrown back, he released the sword, throwing it to Setoku's direction.

"I... Already have, my Lord."

It all happened to Michiyo in slow motion then. Setoku ran forward, dropping to his knees, sliding across the floor. The Emperor was pulling back his arm, and shoving forward - As the sword gleamed off the light from above, Setoku caught the hilt of his own sword, and shoved it into the Lords stomach. The speed seem to catch up suddenly, as Setoku rose, the Lord coughing a mass of blood onto his face - Michiyo heard Setoku's voice. Yet it sounded... off? Different somehow...? But, it couldn't be..

"Michiyo will....... Follow you..... Next."

The way he said... it was like it was dropped to mute. But she heard it. She was next... Setoku.... was planning on killing her? Suddenly, the scene swirled in on itself, and it became pitch black again. The only sound now... Was that of Michiyo, crying to herself, as she realized her protector.... had just become... her enemy.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sun May 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Chapter Three: Blood

Lyonin shifted through each branch, his breath growing quicker. He had left the Desert behind three hours ago, and yet, in this infinite darkness, he felt he was making no progress. And he couldn't help but shake the feeling he was being followed. He was still trying to solve multiple questions in his mind as he went - Such as why was Michiyo-san still alive? He couldn't figure that out, let alone why that nagging feeling that Setoku was alive. He slowed his rush forward after a moment, and came to rest on a branch.

"Stray... Soon, I swear it..."

Suddenly, the sound of metal and flesh echoed in his ears, followed by a bright light. Lyonin jumped up, and shot forward. What the hell was that? Gillian didn't carry swords, and the Espada didn't normally hang out down here. An Arrancar, perhaps? Another tree, and suddenly, he was blinded for a moment.

"Gah !"

He came to a complete stop, covering his eyes - When suddenly, two voices reached his ears.

"You've been around the Shinigami too much...."

Followed by the voice.... the voice he was hunting for.

"Shutup, Neesama..."

He felt his chest buckle for a moment, as his heart rate picked up. She was alive! And so was... Setoku! He darted forward, and as he passed another branch, he caught sight of Setoku, his hand resting on Stray's head, with Stray blushing, seemingly happy. Lyonin was happy too.

"Stra---"

His mouth was suddenly covered, as a hand reached out, and grabbed him, yanking him back and down to the forest floor. No! He was so close! He wouldn't allow this to happen! He jerked his body around, fighting with whatever force had got him from behind. Suddenly, a familiar voice echoed in his eardrums.

"Shhhh, Lyonin-taicho. Let us watch... And see where they go."

Lyonin's eyes went wide, as his body slammed into the ground. As the dust begun to clear, he saw Setoku and Stray, Setoku knocking on the air, causing a dimensional portal to rip open. Was he bringing her back to him? And he wasn't there! The Captains... they would slaughter him! He wanted to scream, to warn him, but his mouth was still covered. Again, he heard Lanaught.

"Shhh, Taicho-san."

Lyonin listened, and looked to the two. If Lanaught was so bent on seeing where they were going, maybe he didn't know either? Lyonin closed his eyes, focusing, so he could hear them over the slight distance. Stray's voice was first... And Lyonin still felt his heart wanting to melt.

"I bet neither one of you looked for me, Neesama. Why should I help you?"

She was angry, Lyonin could gather that. She was no-doubt angry at both of them, for leaving her down there. Why hadn't Setoku gone and looked for him?

"That's not true, Niichan. Lyonin and Jen-taicho both ran continuous investigations into your disappearance, while I combed the depths looking for you. For fifty years. But... Lyonin... he has grown closer with another."

Lyonin felt his heart lock up, suddenly. What was he saying?! What was going on here? He fought against Lanaught, yet nothing came of it. How was he doing this?! Why was Setoku saying such?! He felt tears welling up in his eyes. He was right there! He needed to scream to her! Stray's voice, so cold, and distant suddenly, reached his ears... and suddenly, he just... Stopped fighting.

"What do you mean, Neesama?"

"I.... I am sorry, Niichan. He and Jen-taicho... they grew close, were even planning a wedding. Joshiro Benden is his best man. We need to kill him, so we can stop this wedding. I... I think.... Jen is doing this on purpose."

Silence followed, and the tears only became thicker for Lyonin. Why...? Why would Setoku do this? Lyonin never stopped looking for Stray, never would! He needed to stop this travesty!

"....That.... bitch..."

Stray's voice, it sounded so cold, Lyonin noted... But sad. Her heart no doubt broken. With Setoku making her think.... He struggled against Lanaught once more, trying his damnedest to get free. She needed to know the truth!

"Stray, it's not Lyonin. He still loves you. It's her. I don't know how or what she did... But if we can get rid of Benden, that's one step. Then we can get to her. Or break... Bendens will. His pride. The girl who came up with the idea to free the Shinigami of such, as they call, "dishonor". Kill... Hinamori."

Stray merely nodded, and Setoku placed his arm around Stray's waist, leading her into the portal. Lyonin finally managed to squirm free of Lanaughts grip, spinning on his heel, he pulled his Atsuchi from it's saya, and stabbed forward.

"Whoa, calm down, Lyonin-taicho. I am just as shocked as you - We need to stop Setoku. Together."

As he spoke, he kept having to lean left, then right, then duck, due to the way Lyonin kept stabbing at him. Setoku was playing with some serious fire here and Lanaught wasn't entirely sure he could handle it.

"Listen to me, Lyonin-taicho. Return with me to Las Noches, I will explain everything. How Michiyo-san is alive, how Setoku-sama is alive, why Setoku-sama is doing this, and how we need to stop it."

He kept dodging, as the sword kept flying. This was proving just as difficult as Setoku-sama had said it would. But the sword begun to stab slower, and slower, then less, and less, and finally, it came to a stop, as Lyonin dropped his head, tears building in his eyes still.

"I'm sorry for all this Lyonin-taicho, but Setoku appointed Seth-kun, or "Sorayn" as he is called now, the Primera, as our leader, while he went and searched for Stray. Things have just gotten very strange."

Lyonin was hardly listening. Why they were still alive? It was something he needed to know, but why all this? Why was Setoku still bent on tearing them apart? He gave his blessing, even called Lyonin his brother! So why...? Why this? Lyonin was so distracted by his thoughts, he didn't notice when a rag was placed to his face, and his body went limp, and how easily he fell unconscious. His hearing slowly faded, followed by any sense of feeling.

"Well, that was easy."

Lanaught smiled widely, before dragging Lyonin to heave on his shoulder. While Setoku's cheesy little plan of "Jealous Lovers" seemed far-fetched for two as smart as Lyonin and Stray, he was actually shocked to admit it worked perfectly. Lanaught begun his trek back to Las Noches, and told Lyonin as he promised, knowing full well the Captain couldn't hear him.

"Everyone is alive... because Setoku wants his sword back. His reiatsu. He wants you back, Lyonin-taicho."

Lanaught dropped underneath a branch, before jumping straight up, to make his own exit from the forest. Unaware of the danger he was walking into, of the betrayal that Michiyo may just pose, and the lengths Seth would go through to become God of Hueco Mundo.

ITCHEH~~~~~~~~~~End of Act I~~~~~~~~~~ITCHEH
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

~~~~~~~~~~Start of Act II~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Four: Ties that Bind

Lanaught's body rocketed from the sand, a mass covered by a white haori hanging off his shoulder. All was going according to plan, apparently. With Setoku taking Stray to... "Unlock" her "Roots" as he called them, with Seth-kun falsely leading the Espada, and now, with Setoku's "Pride" in his grasp, Lanaught could feel victory on his skin.

"Finally... We... Have returned."

Lanaught spoke with an edge, a pride, announcing, mainly to himself, the victory of the soon to lead Hollow. For eons the Shinigami, and the "Court of Pure Souls" had decided the fate of the dead, and kept the hollows at bay. Now, once Setoku achieved his wishes, it would be flipped around. The power would finally be theirs again. Lanaught begun to walk forward, and slowly, begun to look around. Something was.... wrong here. He had come up right in the center of Las Noches, there should be some sort of activity going on. But there wasn't. Just... the wind... Wait... wind... here?

"Welcome back, Lanaught-chan."

Lanaught's eyes went wide, as he felt Michiyo wrap his arms around his waist, she was released, locking him in place.

"Dela a beastia.... Michiyo-chan...?"

"Oh, she takes orders from the one who saved her now, Lanaught-chan, not the two who condemned her."

Lanaught bit his lower lip, and closed his eyes. Seth had finally done it... He had done as Setoku had feared. He had taken command of Las Noches - Lanaught squirmed slightly in Michiyo's grasp, trying to seem as if he was putting up a fight - But he knew it would be pointless.

"So... you finally got delusions of grandeur, eh? Setoku-sama was right all along."

Seth suddenly pumped his Reiatsu, and Lanaught felt his knees tremble. Granted, Seth was strong, at least the same level as Setoku, but there was a secret about Lanaught, a secret he would keep to himself. He feigned closing his eyes, and pretended to slowly slump over. He felt as Michiyo tugged Lyonin off of him, and felt as she chucked him into the dirt.

"Lanaught-san... why...? Why would you allow Setoku to do this...? You deserve this."

Lanaught made no motion to answer, or respond. He listened as the sand rustled, and Seth-kun dropped to one knee.

"Your command, Lady Michiyo?"

Lanaught suddenly understood, Seth had shown her the memory.... Tampered with it, no doubt, but she saw it. Although he was not worried, Setoku should be back anytime.... and with him, the true leader of the Espada herself. Lady... Stray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About one mile away from Las Noches, a portal blinked into existence. Two shadowed figures walked forth from it.

"So... at the death of Hinamori.... and the utter destruction of humanity to Bendan... Do you feel it?"

Stray didn't answer the figure behind her, just smirked. Setoku and Stray had returned from Soul Society, killing Hinamori and breaking Bendan's will was step one. Next, Setoku decided her would take her down a path to eventually defeat her own lover. But she didn't need to know such, not yet. Stray stopped, and stuck her nose in the air, before speaking quietly.

"Setoku-sama. It seems.... Las Noches has either been attacked, or someone else pretends to lead. It smells of.... Death. And...."

Suddenly, her eyes went wide, and she darted forward. She could smell him, Lyonin! She would kill him herself! How dare him do this to her! Setoku suddenly lunged forward, and grabbed Stray by the collar, yanking her back.

"Stray, wait. Seth-kun took over, it is fine. You will have your revenge... But first, we have to rescue someone."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed May 15, 2013 4:20 am

Second Interlude: The IV

Jen sat in place, gazing at the massive screen before her. On it, the image of Setoku was in place. Jen brought her fingers up, stroking her chin for a moment. His file claimed him dead, but several discrepancies in it pointed to him being alive, too. Such as the just filed report of Bendan and Hinamori.

"Stray-niichan.... Setoku-neesama... Where are you two?"

She spoke quietly to herself. Once the second squad filed a full report, rather quick considering it was only a day ago - Two Reiatsu were identified. Shinamori Setoku's was in the wound on Bendan's chest, while Stray's was all over in Hinamori herself. There wasn't even a mark on the poor girl... She was just... dead. Most of Soul Society excused it as a Rogue Hollow, or better yet, Arrancar, who got a hold of their reiatsu and scattered it about. Jen wasn't so sure.

"Only you, sister... Are capable of such a cruel act of killing without touch.."

Again she mumbled to herself. She wouldn't put it past Setoku to still be alive, and she was fairly certain Stray survived that attack so long ago. But why? Where were the two of them together now? Why were they together?! She brought her hand to her forehead, and pressed down lightly.

"Neesama...."

She whispered, closing her eyes. While she didn't much care for him, she knew better than anyone else how manipulative Setoku was. But would he actually manipulate Stray? She didn't think so.

"Jen-taicho!!!"

Jen was pulled from her thoughts, as the third seat came running in. He was panting heavily, holding up a hand to ask for a moment. Jen rose from her position, and walked to the boy, placing a hand on his wrist.

"What is it?"

The boy took another breath, before looking up to her. His face was of pure shock, Jen noted, and was curious to as if the boy heard her. Instead, she found out something else... Something much worse.

"Jen-Taicho... Lyonin-taicho... He... He isn't responding. His Reiatsu count is dropped to nothing. Either he's dead... or the Hollow got him."

Jen's eyes went wide, as she stumbled back a moment. She was supposed to be at his side, but this whole mess with Second Squad had distracted her. She quickly ran back over to the screen, pulling her Haori from the seat.

"Send to the rest of the squad, they are NOT to follow me!"

She yelled as she ran past the boy, throwing her Haori on. The boy stood in place, his eyes focused entirely on the screen. As the door shut behind Jen, the boy smiled.

"Ah, Setoku-sama. You are not dead, we better fix this."

The boy walked over to the giant screen, and tapped it lightly. After a few moments, he turned, heading out of the building. His eyes open wide. As the door begun to shut behind him, he turned, gazing at the screen once more. Instead of dead, it read he was alive, and in the description.... It said four little words: King of Hueco Mundo.

Avathos smiled slightly to himself, as he turned, and headed back to the squad barracks, only happy to inform the squad of Jen-taicho's orders.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu May 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Second Interlude: The V (Avathos)

*~* Thousand's of years ago *~*

"What are you..."

The Boy leaned down, placing a small hand on the Hollow's mask. He looked liked the gods the people of his Japanese Village worshiped. Somewhat like a bat, with mask features and wings.... yet with a very distinct human body. Yet his skin, it was not like his own, it was a dull purple.

"Can you tell me your name, Kami-sama?"

The Beast flinched at the term - Avathos turned his head to the side. It understood Japanese Dialect? It had to be Kami-sama! Gripped in the beasts massive hand was a sword, it was cracked and bloody - The boy didn't have an answer for that. Perhaps it was the Kami of Death? But it got wounded.

"Setoku... No... Dachi..."

The Boy's eyes went even wider. Setoku-no-dachi? Of the Shinsengumi? No, that wasn't possible. Shinamori Setoku, the Lieutenant of a Shinsengumi squad... Was dead. It was reported by Daimyo himself.

"No, Kami-sama. Shinamori Setoku is dead. Was it you who slayed him? He got you good."

The boy offered his hand to the beast, and the beast took it.

"No, boy... I am Setoku-no-dachi... I... was..."

Avathos snapped out of his thoughts as he sat against the wall of his barracks. How was it? Setoku made sure he wasn't converted to Hollow, protected him when he finally passed. So he was only pressed to help him. But why wouldn't he allow Avathos into his convent? The Espada? He wasn't sure. But all he knew was... He would continue to serve him, until he finally deemed Avathos ready. Another boy came running into the barracks, a low rank of course.

"Avathos-san!"

Avathos looked up, and smiled gingerly. He hated pretending to be on the Shinigami side, but it was what Setoku-sama asked him.

"Yes, Komichi?"

"Sir, we are going to Hueco Mundo. We need to help Jen-taicho."

The boy stated. Avathos frowned, visibly. Should he allow this? If more backup came... Would Setoku-sama be upset? No, he could help him. He just knew it. Avathos jumped up, and nodded. If Setoku-sama would be upset, he would be pleased once Avathos killed the entire squad.

"Very Well, let's go."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Second Interlude: The VI (The Final Interlude)

---Antarctica - 1891---

The seas here were choppy, with no sign of letting up. Giant icebergs ran aground onto the thick sheet of ice with every passing moment - But that was not all, included with those massive blocks of ice sometimes were ships, and scattered dead. The Bottom of the World, the coldest place in existence. Standing upon one of the massive jutting bergs of ice was a figure, a black and white robe, with a mask on his face. A Shinigami...?

"So it finally happened, has it, hollow? I suppose you decided you would move up from Zero among my Espada to King? You Hollow are far to stupid to lead such a caste."

Far below, a massive beast laid on the ground. His mane covered in blood, his paws twitching. It was a wolf. The beast stirred, before forcing himself up to his feet - This so called ruler of the Espada, this Half Hollow, Half Shinigami, he took much pride in his abilities, he was burrowing powers from hollow and parading them around. He had no right to lead! The wolf barked, before it blinked out of existence, and a small boy appeared behind the masked figure - He smiled gingerly, before speaking.

"You think I would lead a revolution against you here alone? Don't be so foolish, my lord."

The Masked figure turned to look over his shoulder, before doing a reverse snap kick, sending the tiny boy flying back down into the ice. This was the strongest of his hollow, perhaps strongest hollow in world, he figured it would end like this.

"Make no mistake boy, Seth is on his way to dispose of you. I am merely humoring my Zero until he gets here."

The Masked man turned around completely, and glared down to the boy, who again, was rising up. The boy had a smirk on his face, and the man smirked back from behind his mask. He would miss his Zero, so powerful was he. But so foolish as well. The boy suddenly whistled sharply, and the masked man heard the sound of fabric ripping. His eyes went wide.

"What is going on?"

He glared down to the boy, who was merely pointing up - The man quickly jerked his head up, and saw, to his horror, Seth falling from high above - Atop him was another wolf, smaller then his Zero, but her reiatsu was sharp - How come he had never seen her before? Suddenly, the masked man snapped his head to the side, as a massive, winged humanoid literally seemed to appear at his side, and impact his hand into the man's mask, shattering it. The man was sent spiraling through the air, head over heels, and into one of the massive icebergs. The winged humanoid flapped his wings once, before slowly touching down on the spot where the man stood.

"Emperor-sama.... Mission is almost complete. Go claim your throne, my Master."

The Boy smiled, waving innocently to the beast.

"Thank you, Setoku-san. Stray-chan, please, allow Seth to live, maybe one day he will come before me, and ask to return."

The Wolf snapped her head to the side, and nodded, before her own form begun to change, into that of a humanoid woman.

"As you wish, my Lord."

Suddenly, everything begun to grow foggy, and the image before her begun to swirl around, as if going down a drain. Michiyo gasped loudly, before she felt herself snap back to reality. On her head, was the kings crown, and in front of her stood Seth, with his hand extended. He was issuing his reiatsu into the crown, allowing Michiyo to see the former emperors memories. It was rather interesting, but they weren't what she wanted. What she wanted... was the truth to Setoku. Who was he exactly? Why did he do all this? Sadly, though, this was proving nearly impossible.

"Seth-san, that was an interesting Memory, but as I said, I need more on Setoku-kun."

Seth merely smiled, before pulling his hand back.

"Forgive me, Mi`lady. But we have nothing of Setoku's for me to base his memories off of, thus, it would be almost impossible to receive such."

Michiyo turned her head to the side, and frowned slightly. There was one thing he could do, but she was hesitant about it. Her body. According to Lanaught-san, a long time ago, her Espada form was created as a direct result of Setoku and some woman's reiatsu. In other words, Setoku had shaped her growth, so in reality, she could be a key to these memories. But she wasn't sure she wanted to use herself for that... just yet. She looked back to Seth, and motioned to his sword a moment.

"Your sword. It use to be Setokus. Was it not?"

Seth took a sharp intake of breath, how did she know that? Well, he couldn't allow her to see the memories contained in this blade... Not yet. Perhaps not ever. He would never be forgiven.

"Well that is a little complic---"

He was cut off, as alarms wailed about the Throne Room. Michiyo slowly rose up, looking around. What were those intense sounds? Alarms? Why would the Former Lord need such here? Wasn't he all knowing?

"Mi`Lady, it seems we have intruders!"

Seth quickly jumped up, glad to get a reason to get away from Michiyo, before she learnt too much.

"But... how? I felt no new reiatsu."

"I have a feeling, Mi`Lady, this Reiatsu... isn't new."

Michiyo closed her eyes, and suddenly, a glare appeared across her features. It was..... Setoku? No... wait...

"Lady... Stray..."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon May 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Chapter Five: Soul Crusher

The air was stagnant, dank, and several other things he cared not to mention. He was a clean type person, and this was not the place for him. Lanaught leaned against the cell wall, gazing over to a wall about ten meters off. Behind it, he knew, rested the Shinigami, Lyonin. Setoku's deeply laid plans rested with him, and the fact Seth, or Sorayn, or whatever he went by now, decided to defect now made matters much, much worse.

"Setoku-sama... forgive me."

Lanaught sighed to himself, reaching down to his sword. Except it wasn't there - Just the sheath. Setoku had molded him, turned him into an elite Espada Assassin, yet when it came to his sword being taken away, he was nothing. Or, well, so Michiyo thought. All he needed was a slight distraction, and escape would be a simple measure. But no distraction seem to come.

"Setoku-sama... Stray-hime... what the hell is taking so lo---"

He was cut off, as alarms wailed through the entirety of Las Noches - The Alarms set up by the lord to prevent intruders. Who would of thought Setoku would make such use of them? Lanaught smiled, flicking his wrist, and a small, odd dagger slipped from his sleeve.

"Transform... Nii-dialgo."

Nii-dialgo? It was an unrecognizable name, to Shinigami, and to Hollow. A name Setoku had created. The dagger, which was molded and shaped by Lanaught's own Reiatsu, was one of many tools Setoku had equipped him with. The dagger shone brightly, before it begun to change form. Suddenly, a bright flash filled the room, and Lanaught's voice carried easily.

"Now, for my epic escape."

----------------------------------------The Main 'Lobby'----------------------------------------

Michiyo leaned back, hiding behind a pillar, as another Hollow body flung past her. What was this? Why was Stray-sama doing such?! She couldn't understand. Hadn't Setoku found her? Converted her? Or perhaps he had not? Well, either way, she needed to put a stop to it! She stepped forward, from the shadows, and raised both her arms, in a sort of "Mock" surrender. Her and Stray, the only two females among the Espada, she figured she'd play that route, convert her. But as she gazed around, she couldn't seem to actually... See her. Or pin her reiatsu, even.

"Stray-sama...? What seems to be the problem, Lady Stray?"

Michiyo's voice was shaky, cracking slightly. She was use to having Setoku protect her, shield her from danger, but as the Empress of the Current Espada, she needed to show she could defend herself. She hadn't gained the number 2 just because of Setoku, after all. Suddenly, she heard Stray's voice, but it sounded so close, yet at the same time, distant. It was hard to explain.

"Oh...? Setoku's little pet jumping to rescue something? Tell me, Flea-Chan, what is it you wish?"

Michiyo swallowed hard, before answering. Stray... she was on a level high above Setoku, high above her. Empress or not, she knew crossing her would be her demise. But again, she was converting, not fighting.

"I... Wish to know why you are doing this, Lady Stray."

A laugh crackled up from behind her, and she quickly spun on her heel. Nothing was there. Why couldn't she track her? With Reiatsu of her level, finding her should be easy. Plus, beyond having such a high count, complete suppression would be nearly impossible.

"Why...? Why do I do alot of things, little flea? I simply do not care for this place, so I figure... why not?"

Suddenly, Michiyo felt the sharp end of a sword on the side of her neck, and her eyes went wide. It was not even a hair's breadth away, she could feel the blood pooling around her neck and blade... yet her head wasn't severed. It was more like a mocking attack. Who did this girl think she was?

"Well... this is my Kingdom now.... So I must ask... you to leave!"

Suddenly, Michiyo spun, and ducked low, sending her leg into Stray's knees, easily folding her over. She followed that up by quickly drawing her sword, and stopping it centimeters from Stray's skull, smiling triumphantly. Clearly, her time away from Las Noches had dulled her senses, and combat skills. Suddenly, Stray smiled, and she seemed too... flicker?

"Oh, so close little flea... But just like Setoku, an idiot."

Michiyo's eyes went wide, Grimlas Sonido.... Only two Espada had achieved such a technique... Her and... Stray. Michiyo quickly jumped back, holding her sword high. This fight was going to last awhile, and she had to keep Stray from releasing as long as possible. As she milled this over in her head, she felt something cleave into her spine, and her eyes went wide. But... how...?

"Sleep tight... Flea-chan. Do not worry, you will not depart... alone."

----------The Rooftop----------

Seth stepped forward, exiting the building onto one of the towers of Las Noches. While Michiyo was busy dealing with Stray, Seth had his own agenda. The man took a few steps forward, before dropping to a single knee, and lowering his head.

"Setoku-sama."

He felt a gush of wind behind him, heard the echoing movement, as Setoku appeared directly behind him, placing a hand on his right shoulder blade. Seth smiled slowly - The deeply laid plans, the betrayals, all of it lead to one thing, and one thing only.

"Rise... Seth-San."

Seth slowly rose to his feet, before turning to face Setoku. It wasn't power Seth had seeked, no, it was merely an out for an in, as it were. Setoku nodded to him, before speaking slowly. Clearly, Seth releazied, everything was going according to plan.

"How is Lanaught, Seth?"

"He should be escaping with the Shinigami now. But I don't understand... why?"

Setoku merely smiled, before walking past Seth, and, Seth noticed, he saw Setoku's shoulders drop slightly.

"Seth-san... We all... Can't lose someone we care about. I sacrificed Michiyo... Zero shall not sacrifice her love. Besides, I will need him if I want my power back."

Seth frowned for a moment. How had he sacrificed Michiyo? She was still alive, he was just talking to her.

"I don't understand."

"Of course not... But as we talk, Michiyo is crossing blades with Zero right now... I'm afraid... her demise is at hand. But as I was saying.... When Lanaught takes the Shinigami Lyonin to Antarctica, I will be able to transfers some of his powers back to me. I will need you here to distract Stray, keep her busy. Once I am done, she may have back her play toy.... And think all I told her was a lie."

"Antarctica? Setoku-sama... Why there?"

"Simple. It's remote, and it's the place I gained my true power."

Setoku turned around again, and nodded to Seth. He was being Cryptic as hell, Seth realized... but why? To protect him? To hide something from him? He wasn't sure. But it was of little importance right now, as soon as Setoku returned.... He would put an end to all these games, anyway.

"Very Well, Setoku-sama. I shall await your return."

"Thank you, Seth. You've been a true friend... and when I return... I do hope you enjoy being... King."

*~*End Act II.*~*
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 pm

*~* Final Act *~*

Chapter Six: Birth

Seth stood in place for several minutes after Setoku left, gazing absent minded at the vast desert beyond. This was soon going to be all his, yet... it seemed bittersweet. Setoku called him a friend. Hollow lacked friends. Setoku said he would be king, but Setoku was planning to be king, right? Seth continued to work these thoughts over in his mind, one by one. He had plenty of time, after all, Michiyo should be keeping Stray busy.

"What is it you wish, Setoku-kun?"

He asked himself, curious for an answer. But like always, none ever came. He was treated like an outsider, not set up on a pedestal like the rest, yet still, he was serving. He could of killed Setoku generations ago, yet he stopped himself. He could of refused to help him, yet he did not. Did he feel the same way too? Perhaps he felt like... a friend of Setoku? He quickly pushed back the conclusion. He was an Espada of madness, set alone to this world when Stray killed his lone Fraccion. It would always be that way. No matter what disillusion he fed himself. He would always be....

"Alone..."

He was talking to himself again. Well, so he thought, before he knew, he heard a response.

"Until the next world, that is."

His eyes went wide for a moment, before they dropped back to their half-mass state - So... the battle was already over? Clearly, Michiyo left a lot to be desired.

"So, the leader of the Espada appears before me, huh?"

Seth didn't turn to meet her, nor did he make any attempt to leave. He just gazed off into the distance for a minute, before finally speaking.

"Clearly, you killed our princess."

Stray smiled inwardly, before slowly shaking her head.

"No, no.... Flea-chan is just fine... For now."

----------The 'Lobby'----------

Michiyo let her mouth fall open, feeling the blood slowly gush out of it. Was this her end? She couldn't even feel her reiatsu, let alone summon her sword. Was that what Stray had done? Severed her link? No, that was impossible - It was a skill for Shinigami, not hollow. She fought to get up, but to no avail. So this was it... The end.

"Setoku... so much I don't understand."

She spoke to herself, letting her eyes slowly close. Everything about him was a mystery - He was evil, yet to her, kind. Is this what most guys were like? Maybe... but still, it hurt. Whether she hated him or not.

"Don't wallow, Michiyo, it ruins your beauty."

Her eyes went wide, as Setoku sweeped past her, heading toward the doors. She worked her mouth, trying to speak. Yet she couldn't - What had Stray done to her? Setoku came to her side, before slowly kneeling down.

"You live in fear of being someone you don't want to be.... Now I realize... Your insecurities got the best of you... I shall return, Fujiwara-chan. Wait for me."

She suddenly turned a dark shade of red, it was his voice. His attitude. But wait... why was he here? He rose up to his feet, and moved away from her, coming to a stop at the door, and raising a single hand - Slowly looking back over his shoulder... and for one of the few times, she saw it. He was... smiling at her.

"So long, Princess."

Suddenly, the doors jerked open, not to the open, vast, never ending dune seas of Hueco Mundo, but to a bunch of men, clouded in red Kimono. And a female, in the center of it, flanked by a white haori. Setoku froze in place, giving the situation a once over. He needed to get to Antarctica, he didn't have time to play with her....

"Nii-chan. Move."

He took a step forward, and all the swords dropped, blocking his path. Setoku's purple eyes sweeped the crowd - And then.... he saw it. Avathos moving up behind a Shinigami, and easily removing his head. Jen flipped around, pulling her sword up.

"Avathos-kun...?"

She sounded frightened, worried. Setoku fed off that, before walking another step forward and another sword pierced flesh. Avathos was literally killing them off! Setoku couldn't help but smile... It was finally at hand. The ascension of his Birth as Spirit King was so close. Avathos spun on his heel, and came low at Jen, thrusting the sword up, intent on slicing her in half - But Jen easily countered, throwing her hand down against Avathos' sword hand, causing him to drop the weapon. Avathos stumbled back, gasping.

"Se...Setoku-sama!"

Setoku tilted his head to the side, before crossing his arms. He was interested to see if his darling little "sister" had it in her, the guts to kill another Shinigami. Jen took a step forward, standing over Avathos - Who, oddly enough, started to have tears in his eyes. She pulled back her Katana, tightening a single hand tightly around the hilt - Setoku's eyes grew wider. Was she gonna do it? She suddenly slashed down, but stopped the sword inches from Avathos' face, her own eyes tearing up.

"You... were my officer..."

Avathos suddenly smiled up to her, his eyes clear. It was a trick? He reached out, grabbing Jen by the waist, and locking her in place.

"And you, my Captain, Jen-taicho. We'll soon be re-united, after all. In hell."

Suddenly, Setoku appeared behind Jen, and pulled back a single hand.

"Sleep tight, my Darling Little Sister."

Jen's eyes went wide, as she felt a blunt impact on the base of her skull. She lolled slightly, and Avathos released her, letting her fall to the ground. She dug her hands into the dirt, and pulled against it, trying to pull herself back up - But everything around her was going dark.

"Nee-sama...."

She said in a quiet whisper, before her body fell limp. Avathos turned his head to Setoku, and tilted it slightly. Asking an unasked question, merely by looking. To which Setoku quickly answered.

"You are my only true friend, and confidant, Avathos. Only you know my plans so well. Not even Seth knows as much as you. So the answer is no. I did not kill her. She will awaken soon, and all this will be a bad dream to her. Isn't that right.... Sister..?"

Setoku bent his knees, kneeling down next to Jen's shoulder. He reached out, a single hand brushing her cheek, as one of his fingers pushed a stray hair back behind her ear.

"Live on, Sister. And protect her..."

Avathos lowered his head, and nodded.

"Setoku-sama. Antarctica. I am sure Lanaught-san has been waiting."

Setoku gazed at Jen for another moment, smiling slowly, before rising up to his feet. He turned his head to Avathos, and nodded. Avathos reached into his Kimono, pulling a strange parchment from the side.

"Very Well, Setoku-sama. Let's finish this."

Avathos threw down the parchment, and once it hit the ground, it completely unrolled - Exposing an intrinsic text, like a seal. There was a flash, and the sky tore open. Why didn't he just open one from his position?

"Interesting, Avathos. How did you acquire Luke-Sensei's map?"

Avathos merely smiled, before shrugging. Luke, huh? That wasn't a name he had heard in a long time. Avathos stepped through the portal first, soon followed by Setoku.

----------Roof----------

The Two crossed blades again, Seth shoving his right foot between Stray's legs, and pushing hard against her blade. She was toying with him, clearly. But he didn't mind, really. He knew her strength, knew her sword. He could afford to play around.

"Stray... you betrayed the hollow."

Stray grunted, before pushing her blade to the side, and down, causing Seth's blade to roll right off her own. She jumped forward, sending a foot into his chest, causing him to stumble back.

"Me...? I don't think so. You betrayed Setoku-sama!"

Seth flipped his blade over, and caught the strike Stray sent as follow up to the kick. Setoku....sama? Since when did she ever call him that? Seth ducked low, and flicked his blade up, removing a slight piece of skin for Stray's cheek. He would slowly wear her down, small cuts here and there - But as soon as the blade left her cheek, she slipped over finger over the wound, and flipped back, away from Seth. She smiled slowly, as a black energy begun to form over her finger.

"Cero... Oscuras."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu May 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Chapter Seven: In the flesh

-------Antarctica-------

A rip occurred in the skies above the Ice Sheet at the bottom of the world, and two figures tumbled out of it - Every few seconds a clash would echo, followed by a spark of two metal objects meeting. Clearly, this was not peaceful entrance. As the figures dropped closer to the ice below, the sun spiked over the tip of an iceberg, exposing Lyonin and Lanaught.

"Damnit, hollow, take me back!"

Lyonin spun his atsuchi around, and followed up with a stab for the Espada's chest, but Lanaught, merely rose his arm, and a small glint extended from his sleeve, catching the blade dully. Lyonin pressed his atsuchi into the blade, and then shoved himself off and back, flipping over backward to land on his feet once he hit the ice.

"Lyonin-taicho, you are just going to have to deal with this, now aren't you?"

Lanaught spun his body sideways, and twisted slightly, landing perfectly on his left foot as his toes touched the ice. It was cold here, and dry, kind of like a Hueco Mundo in the Real World.

"Clearly, we will get nowhere by fighting one another, Taicho. Just relax for a moment, and I'll explain what is going to happen."

Lyonin was already charging forward, yanking his own sword back, then swinging it forward, in a vicious slash for Lanaught's side. Lanaught's eyes went wide, and he quickly dropped his right arm, the blade extending out in time to catch the side of Lyonin's sword - But the impact caused him to stumble to the side, which Lyonin quickly capitalized on by charging into him and tackling him to the ground. Lyonin reached out, grabbing the boys neck, and begun pulling his left hand back, forming a fist.

"What's going to happen is I'm going to kill you, and return to Stray."

Lyonin took a breath, looking up and ahead for a moment, and froze. Lanaught glared up at him, squirming in his grip. The hell was he doing? Suddenly, a voice echoed across the plain, and Lanaught felt a chill in his spine.

"Setoku-kun.... is that you?"

Lyonin's jaw moved to work, yet no words came out. Lanaught rolled his eyes back, and bent up his back the little he could with Lyonin atop him, gazing at the figure no more than a hundred yards away. He wore a white mask, and a tattered brown robe. He wasn't merely standing there though - His arms were pulled outward, with the palms nailed into a board across his back. His legs hung down, tied to another board that was holding him off the ground. And around the eye holes of the mask was some sort of black veil.

"Isabella-chan will be missing me so - And she will come for me, so release me, and I promise, from Master to Student, I will not seek revenge. Hueco Mundo will be yours."

Lyonin's eyes suddenly grew even wider, and a single word escaped his lips - And Lanaught understood. This was where Setoku claimed power for Lobo Oscuras... where they defeated the former ruler of Hueco Mundo.... The escaped one from hell...

"Sinner..."

Lanaught was quick to follow up Lyonin's word, which was a good thing, because once he did, Lyonin released him, rolling off his body.

"Luke-sempai... It was... you?"

"Hush, Luke-sama. Isabella will come for you, and she will die. Stop boring these two with your pointless prating."

Lanaught rolled to the side, seeing two figures appear atop one of the many icebergs. Finally, they had arrived. Lanaught quickly dropped to a single knee, pulling his fist over his heart.

"Setoku-sama... Avathos-sama."

Luke suddenly snarled, pulling against the restraints that held him crucified here in the arctic. To which Setoku and Avathos merely smiled, before walking off the edge of the Iceberg, stepping down the air as if invisible stairs guided them. Lyonin recognized Avathos, he was Jen's seat. But why was he here? With Setoku - Why was this Sinner held here? And why was he here? Where was Stray?

Seth rolled to the side, as a black beam of energy shot past him. The destructive power of a Cero Oscuras was not one to deal with. He had thought no one beyond Setoku used such an attack - But as long as he avoided the beam, he should be fine. He suddenly felt his arm burning, and quickly pulled off the sleeve of his white kamishimo - What the hell? It missed him! Stray merely smiled, before pulling her sword closely to her face.

"What's wrong, Seth-kun? Have you never seen a blood oscuras? It has a slightly wider reach then it seems, clearly. Next time, I'll be sure to correct the miss."

Seth jumped to his feet, looking to his arm. It still burned - The flesh of it was red, yet it didn't seem to suffer any actual damage. Again, his attention was yanked back to Stray as she begun to laugh.

"Also... it doesn't just damage the exterior."

Seth's eyes went wide, he understood. This was something he hadn't prepared for - He jumped back, pulling his sword up to his finger, and dragging the blade across it. Once blood begun to flow, he raised the hand, pointing with the bloody finger. He needed to get as much space between them as he could - The distraction he had in mind should provide him with just that.

"Primera....Gran Rei."

A blue and red beam suddenly shot forth from his finger, the sound of it echoing across the plains of Hueco Mundo - Yet he wasn't aiming for Stray. Stray pulled her sword closer to her face, her eyes wide, and the beam suddenly dropped down inches in front of her, impacting the roof of Las Noches, causing it to explode open. Stray was suddenly yanked down, as she fell with the Debris into the actual castle itself - Yet she didn't seem shocked, she was even smiling. Seth on the other hand, was quick to turn, and jump off the ledge of the castle. The more ground he put between them, the better.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Arc within an Arc: History of Lyonin (Part 1 of 3)

Let's take a subtle break here, as the strands of destiny intertwine between the lords of Hueco Mundo, and the Gods of Soul Society, and reminisce the life of one such god of Soul Society. He was a boy born into a world of Demons and Evil, and followed a path that was distinctly evil - Before he became a Captain, a Saviour of souls, he was but a mere exorcist, and his life, his station, all of it could of been reversed. Let us see, how even the untouchable Captains are more human then we'll ever know.

Kyoto: Sometime during the Bakumatsu

It wasn't too late, the blood red moon was barely hanging in the sky for more than an hour as Lyonin slowly pushed open the rice door. He stopped, taking a look behind him at the girl who was snuggled up in the bedsheets. What was her name now? Samantha? Tabitha? He could barely remember anymore. Every night was always the same - He would go out on a drinking binge, and spend a few hours in the company of a beautiful woman. Well, what he considered beautiful, that is. A Geisha, a Courtesan, too him, a woman was a woman. Whether an entertainer in the arts, or a street walking artist, all cats were black in the dark. He pulled up his jingasa, and placed it gingerly on his head. A small, thin, chime hung from the front of it, obscuring his view in his left eye - A little problem, since it helped him pose as nothing more than a passing vagrant, especially in Kyoto. The blue and stained white kamishimo he wore only helped to enhance that fact - It was all he could do anymore to escape his past.

"Demonds... why can't they leave us in peace?"

He uttered to himself, his breath smelling of rice wine and perfume. He reached down, his right hand lightly touching the bandaged-up hilt of his katana. The sheath was less than remarkable, just a plain wooden holster, a deterrent for sword thieves who would think it housed nothing more than a cheaply made European blade. His every step echoed through the street ways, just a minor downside to the Geta Sandals he wore. In the distance, screams were heard - But he ignored them. He always did anymore. Kyoto was caught up in a civil war, with the Shinsengumi and these new patriots turning it into their battleground. One of the reasons he kept his sword in such a cheap housing was deter would be swordsmen from abducting it for their battles. His sword held great power... and... family secrets. A Sixth generation Exorcist, or "Demond Slayer" as his family preferred, Lyonin was once in the spot light, world renowned for his skills at finding, and killing, Demonds of all sorts. He was said to fight these Masked Beasts with a special sword ability, passed down through the generations, but it was an ability he wanted to end with him.

"Isn't that right, grandfather?"

Lyonin came to a stop, and gazed up at the red moon. His face reflected anger, and his breaths were short, and shallow. He wasn't alone, even now, he could feel someones presence upon him. That was the thing though, he could not tell if it was human, or beast. Not to long ago, he was approached by the Shinsengumi and invited to join their ranks. He declined, though. The boy who was sent to retrieve him, some 'Setoku of the No Dachi', did not take this rejection lightly, and the two had an honorable duel - Which Lyonin won. Once word had spread of Setoku's defeat, the patriots seeked him out. He just wanted to be left alone, to be honest, he didn't care where Japan decided to head, into a democracy, or continue under Daimyo Rule, it was all the same to him. Neither side understood the bigger picture, the Demonds that descended upon Japan.

"He sure looks distracted."

Sitting high on a rooftop, above the passing vagrant, two shadows sat. Watching intently. It was a time of great civil unrest in Japan, and every able bodied swordsmen had chosen a side. Everyone of them... Except this boy.

"So this is the man who defeated you, Setoku no Dachi?"

One voice came from a shadow, it was sweet, as if dipped in honey. Female, clearly. The other shadow stirred slightly, before it turned to face the female voice.

"Yes, Isabella, my sweet. This boy here. There is great power in his skill, I will not disagree. I will also inform you that you are to stay out of this, do you understand?"

The female shadow stirred herself, before lunging across the roof, and wrapping her arms around the other. The red moon had just begun to peak over Kyoto Tower, slowly illuminating the two in a blood like glow. One, the male, was wearing clothing akin to a Shinsengumi, yet slightly altered. As if a Ishhin Patriot who defected from them. The other, was akin to a Kunoichi, minus the trident she had slung on her back. She wore an all blue getup, with a headband wrapped around her forehead. The metal emblem of Mibu was on the side of her head.

"I love you, Setoku. Please, be careful. Our children do need us."

The man smiled, wrapping an arm around the girls waist, returning the hug. With his other hand, he flipped a Jingasa up and unto his head, pulling it low.

"I love you, Isabella. And don't worry, aren't I always?"

Setoku slipped away from the European looking Kunoichi, and dropped down from the side of the building. She bit her lip, looking down as he descended.

"I was afraid you'd say that."

Lyonin stumbled slightly over an uplifted rock in the road. They really needed to take better care of the streets here, but with the war going on - He wasn't surprised it was in such rough shape. As he turned a corner, his danger sense lit up, and he spun on his heel, drawing his sword. He looked from left to right, breathing quietly. Clearly, he had too much to drink. He smiled slowly, before sheathing his sword - of course his danger sense lit up, people were dying left and right, the Demonds were no doubt enjoying this feast.

"Did you know, most vagrants lack such sword skill."

The voice came from behind Lyonin, and instead of turning to meet it, he dropped down low, as a sword passed right over where his neck was. He was expecting this, to be attacked and mugged in the middle of the night. He rolled forward, away from his attack, and pulled his sword from it's sheath. The gleam of the sword he had caught when he dropped had thrown him off. It wasn't an average sword by no means, it was longer, thicker. But he didn't have time to think of that. He took a couple of steps back, looking now at the figure who had attacked. Was that an Isshin Patriot? Why would one of them be attacking a passing vagrant? They were usually kind to the people.

"Hai, Hai. I was in kendo as a child, old habits die hard. Excuse me, I did not mean to startle you. If I may be off now.."

The man stepped forward, the Jingasa he wore covering his eyes. He couldn't identify him anymore then he could identify a stranger. But clearly, the man was a skilled swordsman. Lyonin's eyes traveled down, to the mans waist. The sword he wore, it was on the right side.... No Isshin Patriot was trained in the art of Hirazuki. (Left hand thrust.) In fact, the only swordsmen who were trained in the Hirazuki were....

"But perhaps you would understand, Shinsengumi-san."

The man smiled to Lyonin, turning his head slightly to the side.

"A long time ago, my boy."

Suddenly, the man shot forward, and his left hand dropped to the hilt of his massive sword - A No-dachi - Lyonin suddenly understood. He had only faced one man proficient with a No-dachi and Hirazuki. Lyonin stepped forward, and quickly drew his own sword, the blade letting out a light blue glow as it impacted with the the No-dachi.

"Not long enough, Setoku-no-dachi"

The man stumbled suddenly, and Lyonin dropped down, spinning on his heel, and catching Setoku's knees, knocking them out from under him. He had shown Setoku his stance, but his actual sword skills, well, this would be the first Setoku saw of them.

"I thought I told you no. D'jem-no-kai."

Suddenly, the blade shone a bright, blinding blue, and Lyonin shot forward, pulling the sword back and swinging it forward, intent to slice Setoku in half at the waist. There was a loud clang, as the blade was stopped, but only for a moment, by the metal sheath Setoku housed his sword in. Suddenly, the sheath begun to crack, as the sword began to break through it. Setoku's eyes went wide, and he quickly jumped back, pulling his sword up, and back. The tip extended forward. The hilt held by the fingers of his left hand - While he rested the tip of it on the fingers of his right.

"So that is your ability. A sword which can cut through anything. Well, let me show you mine. Gatatsou"

Setoku shot forward, and shoved the blade forward, with how he was holding it, Lyonin already knew it was a one hit one kill move. The Captain of Third Squad of the Shinsengumi was the most proficient with that move, and Lyonin was also sure the Captain of said Squad once broke through a brick wall with it. Lyonin threw his left foot up, the geta sliding off his toes, and impacting the tip of the blade, which Lyonin followed by thrusting his own foot against it, forcing Setoku's sword to fly up, and send him back.

"Let me tell you something, Setoku. You are strong, the moves you inherit are considered the third strongest in all of Japan, but your Captain is much more skilled with it. My style is considered the second strongest in all of Japan - Add to the fact that I have killed much more than you, and you should understand, yes?"

Suddenly, Lyonin dropped his sword low, and shoved it back behind him, and a woman's scream filled his ears. He turned, throwing his foot up, kicking the female he had just stabbed in the gut in the side of the head, causing her to fly back and into a closed fruit stand. He got it now, Setoku, for all intents and purposes, had to capture him. So he wasn't alone.

"It's over."

Lyonin jumped forward, and pulled his sword up, intent to drop it into the girls throat. Suddenly, he watched as Setoku slid by, grabbing the girl under the waist, and pulling her out of the way - Causing Lyonin's own sword to impact into the ground. Lyonin frowned, before looking up as Setoku took off with his female companion. Lyonin yanked his sword from the dirt, and slowly placed it back into his sheath. Well, it was time to go back to the bar, that woman would no doubt die of her wounds, especially considering Lyonin never cleaned his blade, so a massive infection would strike her in a day or so. He smiled slowly, before turning on his heel, and heading to the bar. He would see Setoku again, of that, he was certain.

~~~~End Lyonin's past, Part One.~~~~

(Sorry the opening is so clustered and sluggish, but it was a rough draft. It will be cleaned and corrected in time.)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Arc within an Arc: History of Lyonin (2/3)

He sat at the bar, fifteen minutes after his little ordeal. Well, it wasn't a bar per ci, it was more like a restaurant, with small booths and food being served, but on his table there was only a bowl of Sake. He slowly took a sip, as his eyes traveled over various patrons. On stage, a young Geisha woman sat with her harp, slowly strumming her fingers across it.

"Tastes like blood..."

Lyonin whispered, taking another sip of his drink. He started to notice it after he ran from home, avoiding the Demond Slaying in favor of a life of adventure - His Sake was sweet, and tasted akin to human blood. But he could never understand why. Lyonin downed his bowl, before slowly sitting up, and nodding his head to the waitress. Dropping some Yen on the table, Lyonin turned, and headed for the door. Behind him, the Geisha's harp playing seem to grow louder, as her voice grew quieter - Lyonin stopped at the doorway, taking in her wonderful voice one more time, before it would fade from memory.

"Goodbye, my sweet Tiffany, if that was your name. We'll have another night like last week tomorrow."

He mumbled toward the Geisha, before walking out the door. He just needed to get home, he thought. Get this awful day from his mind, clearly the bitter sweet blood tasting Sake wasn't helping him forget it. Lyonin rounded a corner, before he quickly leaned his head back, watching a white claw slash centimeters from his face. A Demond, here? Lyonin quickly drew his sword, the blade gleaming a light blue.

"Come, Demond. Your time is neigh."

Behind Lyonin, he heard the voice of the Geisha, as she sung her song in perfect rhythm with her harp. He closed his eyes, pulling his sword from it's sheath - The glowing blade slowly swinging across the air, as Lyonin uttered a single word.

"Zetzuka"

Suddenly, the sword lit up a bright blue, and the Demon brought his arm over the eye sockets of his mask, before the light completely engulfed him, and a twisted, broken scream followed in the wake. The second style of his learnt techniques - Again, handed down from his grandfather. It was what made his blade animate a blue glow. It purified, and sent the Demond off to a better place, so Lyonin hoped. It was different from D'jem no Kai, in the fact that D'jem was used to fight living opponents, and would have no effect on Demonds. Zetzuka though, would destroy a Human's nerve system entirely. Maybe even his own, if he used it too much. The voice of the Geisha seemed to carry off the wind, and pierce Lyonin's ears, as he slowly slid his sword back into it's sheath.

"Memories of better days; the truth still remains..."

Setoku looked down, as the bright flash animated from Lyonin's sword. Setoku used one hand to place as a shield for his eyes. In his lap, laying with her head snuggled in his chest, was Isabella. Her breathing was stabilizing, but it was still erratic. Setoku's other hand was wrapped around her waist, the fingers resting in the warm liquid coming from her stomach. He had no words, he just watched as Lyonin drunkenly walked off. He had been following him since he left the scene, and watching hopelessly as Isabella was dying in his arms. Every now and again she would speak, but it came out more gurgled then understandable.

"I'll avenge you, my love..."

Setoku whispered quietly, as he leaned down to press his lips to her cheek. Isabella's eyes slowly opened, as she felt a warm liquid splash on her cheek, and slowly roll down into the corner of her eye socket, then roll down the side of her face. Her own eyes begun to water, as the man she loved, who protected her, cried like a child.

"Se...to...ku... stop... being.... we...ak..."

Her voice came out slow, broken, and Setoku's eyes suddenly went wide - Isabella managed to turn her head, looking up at him, and as her eyes slowly begun to close, her lips begun to move, and Setoku leaned down to listen. After a moment, he pulled his head up, and Isabella smiled - Her body growing limp.

Lyonin took another step, dropping down to where the Demond had stood. Another one dead, huh? Lyonin brought two fingers to his lips, and closed his eyes, mumbling off a prayer for the departed beast - And for another who would be following in it's wake soon.

"May you both find peace, and may god have mercy on your souls."

Lyonin rose back up to his feet, and begun to head home. As he walked, he reached into his Kimono, and pulled a Jingasa from within the folds, and flipped it over his head. The incessant chiming from the metal charm off the rice hat causing him to smile. In the shadows behind him, a figure dropped from the eaves of one of the houses, a massive trident looking object hanging off it's back.

~~~~End Lyonin's Past, Act 2. Final Act coming soon~~~~
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 am

Final Act: The Past of Lyonin

Lyonin stopped a moment, adjusting his jingasa. He felt a strange presence somewhere nearby. No doubt a passing smuggler or thief, something he need not concern himself with just yet. Lyonin banked around another corner, then another, zig-zagging his way through narrow openings and alleyways in the City. He couldn't shake that odd feeling, but there was probably tons of them around, he didn't live in exactly the nicest of neighborhoods. After nearly twenty minutes, and several cross-crossings later, Lyonin approached a house, and set his hand on the rice door - Slowly pushing it to the side. He stopped, taking a good look over his shoulder. He gave a head count of the few people and beggars straggling around. Nothing out of the ordinary, he was satisfied. He was merely being paranoid, after a night like this, who wouldn't?

"I'm home."

He spoke quietly as he entered the house, kicking off his geta sandals. He was talking to no one in particular - To be honest, it was always his wish a female would answer him, perhaps a wife and some kids. But, as he always said, the line of exorcist had to end with him. He opened his kimono, allowing it to flow open and his expose his rather built torso. It wasn't flawless though, around it were deep trenches and scars of battles long fought, some lost, most won. They were constant reminders, to him, and to his family, that he would never fate his own child with this responsibility. He trailed through the dark house, lighting candles along the way, and slowly undid his obi. He needed to get some rest, as soon as possible. This day just needed to end. He pushed open another door, and walked into his bedroom, and slowly dropped his hakama to his ankles.

"Soon, Lyonin old boy... Soon."

He took a breath, stepping out of the trousers, and slowly closing the door.

The girl was quiet dead. It was to late to save her, and she lay up here alone. The man leaned down, and reached up, slowly pushing a mask over his face up, exposing a rather handsome stature.

"You suffered hard, my dear. But do not worry, the Shinigami will not take one as gifted as you, nor will my Hollow."

The man slowly pulled a sword from his saya, and there was a rather dark purple glow - The man smiled inwardly, as something from the girl begun to rise up, a chain dangling from her chest - Indeed, Luke had got here just in time. He would convert this girl to become a Sinner, trap her in hell, train her, make her the successor he had always wanted. True, it was that Setoku he wanted, but Lobo Oscuras, Zero, had shown interest in him, so Luke would allow him that - Just this once. He would train this girl, make her, break her, then destroy her. And once all was said and done, she would rise above him, and rule Hueco Mundo at his side. The girl looked up, her spirit glowing slightly.

"Who... are... you...?"

Luke smiled, before he slashed his sword across the girls chest - A massive gate opening up behind her - The gates of hell. The girl seem to panic, screaming as tendrils shot out of it, grasping on to her as the gates slowly pulled open. Then they begun to drag her back, her fingers digging deeply into the roof of the structure. Still she screamed.

"You will be fine, my dear. Until next time."

Luke smiled widely, before turning on his heel, to gaze over the city itself. He hated watching people being dragged to hell, it brought back to many bad memories.

"Now Lobo... let us see how you do with your prize."

Lyonin gazed at the window in his room, staring blankly at the outside. He stood there, naked, and just watched. His sword was resting against the wall, about five feet away - His clothing in the closet. He was completely unarmed, unsafe. Yet when he was home, he felt safe. Nothing could reach him here. If anyone tried to walk in the door, they would suffer a fate akin to being crushed. A window downstairs..? Well, let us just say they'd leave headless. Lyonin took a step toward the window, something had caught his eye. A gleam? Perhaps a girl undressing for his amusement? He drew closer, and closer - And suddenly, a sharp, three-pronged trident shot through the window, and caught him in the stomach.

"The fu---"

Lyonin stumbled back, dropping his hands to his stomach, and ripping the trident from his guts. He let out a half-scream as it was removed, he couldn't quite describe the pain of being impaled by one sword, but by nearly three at the same time? His vision begun to grow blurry, as he reached around, letting one of his bloody hands feel across the wall. He heard a loud "Thunk" from behind him, he could feel his heart racing. He finally felt it, the hilt of his sword - Gripping it tightly, he yanked it up from the floor, and spun, feeling the saya fly off and into the wall - Another loud bang crossed his ears, and he felt a sword pierce into his throat. He suddenly froze, using his free hand to reach up, and touch the blade lightly - This was it...? He coughed, and felt the blood splatter out of his lips. Who...? Suddenly, a voice echoed in his mind.

"Lyonin. You should know better, than to take my heart from me."

Lyonin suddenly jolted, and shoved his blade forward, and he felt it - It impacted into Setoku. Setoku grunted, and Lyonin twisted his sword - He wasn't sure where he had got him, but he had. Again, Lyonin twisted, and suddenly, he felt the blade in his neck twist, and rip out of him.... And it was over. He heard nothing else, he saw nothing else. The last thing he heard, was Setoku screaming, as Lyonin twisted the blade, and shoved it deeper into his body.

Setoku stumbled back, pulling his No-dachi with him. Lyonin's head literally half came off, dangling there by a few strands of skin holding it attached to his shoulders. It was over, he was dead. Setoku smiled, his eyes soaking. He was crying due to the pain.... and due to the loss of his darling Isabella. Setoku looked down, and gazed at the glowing blue sword shoved into his chest, right.... into his heart. It was twisted a few times, forcing muscles to overlap, thus keeping him alive this long - But he could feel the beats growing slower, spacing more apart. His own vision begun to grow blurry, and he stumbled back - He couldn't feel his fingers, his body. He could barely see. Suddenly, he felt something tap into his knees, and he tumbled backwards, head first. As he fell, his last thought was "The window..."

"Damn.... I... love... you... Isabella..."

Setoku dropped the two flights, and his head crushed into the street below - About a dozen people screamed, and jumped back - As blood exploded everywhere. The last thing Setoku would see, as a Mortal that is, was the furry paw of a wolf, appoarching him from some strange gate. His voice, soft like velvet, and sweet... like honey. With him, a smaller wolf, who's voice, while brutish and rough, was definitely female.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you.... Wolf of Mibu..?"

The male wolf spoke, and suddenly, Setoku's world, his life. Ended.

Luke thrashed against the restraints, feeling blood spurt from the nail wounds in his hands - And beneath his mask, he smiled. He would never forget that - The day Setoku and Lyonin first met. But who came to the conclusion first? That they were connected? Was it Setoku..? No, he was far to idiotic. Lyonin...? No, he was far to noble. He didn't understand. Setoku brought Lyonin here... To regain his lost power? Or perhaps... his lost....

"Setoku-kun. Understand, I broke Isabella of everything mortal. Just like you have forgotten mass aspects of your life, she has forgotten her own. Like you."

Setoku was walking slowly down with Avathos, closing the ground between him and Lyonin. He turned his head to the side, gazing at the Crucified Luke. Setoku smiled slowly, before turning back to face Lyonin, his dead purple eyes gazing into him, and Lyonin rose to his feet. This was it.

"Lyonin-taicho. Ignore that weakling. Me and you... Need to have a talk. It was about a long time ago - And why were are so bonded, in ways even you will never understand."

Lyonin frowned, and tilted his head to the side. Setoku reached out, extending a hand toward Lyonin - And nodded.

"Take it. Let me show you.... our history."

Lyonin hesitated a moment. But something about all this... He slowly reached out, and his hand gently touched Setoku's, almost a brush, and memories, images, females, fights, everything came rushing back to him - His eyes grew wide, and his knees grew weak. Setoku smiled, before closing his hand tightly around Lyonin's own, and yanking him to him.

"And this... is why you will die."

Lyonin was still struggling with everything, the memories, the images, he couldn't make sense of it all. He barely noticed as Avathos reached down, pulling his Zanpakutou from it's sheath, and shoving his blade forward, in his direction.

End - The Past of Lyonin.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Chapter Eight: Kill Me

The scene seem to freeze in Lyonin's mind, Avathos shoving his Zanpakutou forward, Setoku grasping him tightly to his body. The Memories.... they were so vivid, so real. He was a wondering swordsmen, a Rournin. A Demon Slayer. All his life he had served the purpose of a Captain, yet... Destiny seemed to lead him to this moment, his death. His eyes traveled upward, locking with Setoku's own. Softly, Lyonin spoke, and Setoku's eyes grew wide.

"It was fun.... Brother."

Sorayn scrambled behind some fallen debris, as his Cero exploded before Stray. Had he done it? He no longer felt her reiatsu - Had he finally become the king of Hueco Mundo? He slowly rose to his feet, and withdrew his blade. It gleamed purple for a second, and he slashed it across the sky. He needed to warn Setoku, stop him, even. Stray was dead and gone, but... If Setoku gained such a power.....

"He would destroy you, Primera-kun."

Sorayn's eyes grew wide, as he felt the barrel of a gun press to his skull. How...? Could she read his thoughts? How was she suppressing her massive Reiatsu so? So many questions.... The portal ripped open, and Sorayn felt his body fly forward - Stray kicking him in the spine. His body locked up, unable to move. He wanted to scream, yet his mouth moved, and no sound came out. He felt Stray jump on his back, and yank him into the portal with her. Why...? Why was she doing this? Why didn't she just kill him?! Sorayn twisted his body around, and caught sight of the snowy plains of Antarctica - They were drawing closer. He needed to stop this! He raised a single hand, and pointed it directly at Stray's skull.

"Cero... Oscuras."

Stray's eyes suddenly grew wide, as an explosion of black consumed the both of them, and they tumbled to the ice below.

Jen's eyes slowly pulled open, as she pushed herself off the ground. The massive explosion of power had forced her to awake from her unconscious form. Who was it, though? She didn't recognize the reiatsu - But at the same time, she felt her heart wrench. She couldn't explain it. She shook her head, and took a few steps forward, when suddenly, a loud echo emanated behind her, and a bloody Michiyo appeared behind her, shoving her sword forward.

"Go the hell away, SHINIGAMI!"

Jen's eyes grew wide, and she turned, spinning her thin body out of the swords length, she brought up a single foot, and shoved it down onto the sword, shoving it into the sand. Michiyo stumbled forward, and Jen quickly caught her, by the neck, and pulled her back up.

"You are Nii-sama's pet. I'm.... So... sorry."

Michiyo flashed the color of rage, and tears were building in her eyes. Could Jen kill this poor, confused girl? No... there was no way. Michiyo struggled in her grasp, clearly, whatever had did this to her had sapped her will - She was supposed to be an Espada, yet Jen was having no problems dealing with her.

"I have an idea.... Forgive me, you poor girl."

Michiyo screamed, struggling even harder, and Jen slowly pulled her Zanpakutou from it's sheath, and rose the blade.

"There is a better place for your kind... A place you could save humanity... and... Setoku."

Suddenly, the struggling begun to weaken, and Jen shoved her sword down, hilt first. The flat of the hilt impacting her forehead, rather hard. Michiyo flinched, as a Symbol appeared on her forward, and she slowly begun to turn into Spirit Particles.

"We'll meet again, my poor girl... In Soul Society."

Michiyo glared at the Shinigami, as her body slowly disintegrated, but suddenly, she smiled, and uttered something quietly.

"Thank... you..."

And it was over. Jen wasn't sure if that would actually work.... But she gave the girl hope, and that was all she could do for her. Jen begun walking forward, heading toward the entrance of Las Noches itself. She needed to find Stray, and.... her brother.

Setoku's eyes grew wider, as he coughed, and blood splattered over Lyonin. Lyonin frowned, and didn't understand. What.... just happened? Setoku turned his head, and looked to Avathos, who had tears running down his eyes. Setoku lowered his head, and saw the blade impaled in his back - Avathos... had betrayed him...?

"Avathos-kun.... why...?"

Setoku's voice was cold, yet it seemed saddened. Lyonin suddenly felt his heart wrench. Sure, Setoku was trying to kill him... But no wonder he turned out the way he did. Everyone he was close too, betrayed him. Avathos spoke, his words shattered, broken. Obviously, doing this had physically.... hurt him.

"Setoku-sama... I... I don't know.... what.... Forgive..."

Setoku turned his head, and looked over to Luke. The Sinner had moved nowhere, and Setoku couldn't see underneath the mask - But suddenly, he knew. Luke....

"Luke-sempai..."

Suddenly, Lyonin fell forward, as Setoku was gone, and tumbled onto Avathos, and the blade curved around, shoving into Avathos' stomach. Lyonin rose up, and panicked. What just happened? All he had done was fallen onto the boy - Yet the child, he was smiling. He coughed, and a mass of blood covered the white ice of Antarctica.

"For... Setoku-sama... I deserve... thank... you... Taicho..."

Setoku appeared before Luke, and shoved his fist into the Sinner's mask. The mask cracked, and Luke suddenly begun to laugh.

"Your best friend betrayed you, Setoku-kun. If you would of finished my training..."

Setoku looked back, and saw Avathos on the ground, a blade in his stomach - And standing before him, was Lyonin.

"No... NO!"

Setoku screamed, as his reiatsu suddenly exploded. A Mass Explosion was heard in the distance, as Lyonin suddenly dropped to the ground, he wasn't ready for it. The mass of ocean, the drowning effect. Reiatsu so powerful it was visible. Setoku yanked his sword from it's sheath, and screamed out...

"Vampiro... MURCIELAGO!"

Setoku was engulfed in a ball of purple and black Reiatsu, as two massive wings protruded from either side of the spear. Luke felt his heart rate explode. He couldn't stop this! He needed to live!

"Dammit Setoku... NO!"

Luke screamed, as a blade suddenly shot from the sky, and impacted with the sphere... and slowly, it begun to sunk in. Suddenly, Luke felt his heart flutter...

"Finally..."

A Voice echoed from high above, as the sword shot back and away from the spear, and it spun and whipped around, all meeting at the tip of Setoku's finger.

"Setoku.... It's been sometime, my former love."

Setoku shoved his finger forward, toward the voice. He recognized that voice, it was the one that haunted his dreams. The one... that he died for.

"Cero... Oscuras."

A black and purple beam suddenly shot forward, into the sky, heading in the direction of the voice.

(Sorry this chapter is so clustered and rushed. Once I finish the arcs, I am going to go through and correct all three of them, and give them a better layout. But please... Enjoy!)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Chapter Nine: The Closer

Soryan tumbled from the sky, his clothing burned, his skin blackened in parts. He coughed as he fell toward the ice, feeling the warm liquid of blood emerging. Why...? How...? He spun his body around, grabbing the hilt of his sword. It hurt... It hurt so much. His turned his head to the side, seeing the form of Stray fall to the ground. She was in no better shape. She took a Cero Oscuras head on.... more so than he. He barrel rolled his body around, and shoved his sword forward, into the ice.

"Forgive me, Stray-sama."

The way he said it, it was mocking. Insulting. But he did not care, she was no longer a problem. The blade shoved into the ice, slowing his decent as he came to a complete stop, holding onto the blade of his sword with a single hand.

"Heh... Still got it."

Sorayn released the blade, and let his feet gently touch the ice, then collapsed. His breathing suddenly quickened, and he grasped at his chest. He wasn't young like Stray and Setoku, but he was hollow, he shouldn't be hurting like this. He couldn't rise to his feet, all he could do was cough. He scratched at his burns, letting out a scream. The piercing scream echoing across the plains. Suddenly, he felt a foot in his rib cage, and felt himself sent across the ice, smacking and rolling for a few feet. And a voice... it was...

"Why are you so weak... "Primera"?

Sorayn smacked into a hard jutting iceberg, his eyes glazing over. Why...? He couldn't understand - This girl... She just wouldn't die! His vision begun to blur, as an image appeared before him - He could barely make out the silver gleam of the barrel - As a bright blue flash shot forward.

Lyonin stared in a shocked disbelieve. Why wasn't he doing anything? He wanted to help Setoku, but at the same time... He wanted him to die. Even in life, that man.... Had taken everything from him. Setoku smirked, as his finger crackled slightly with the left over energy of his Cero.

"Isabella.... I did love you..."

Setoku was suddenly gone, and appeared high in the air, where the girl should of been. But nothing. Setoku looked to the left, and the right - His eyes not even blinking. Lyonin looked over to the Sinner Crucified on the mock cross, and saw it. The girl grabbing at his arms, and ripping them free of the nail. Luke out a scream, as his energy suddenly shot up, Lyonin threw his hands over his face, trying to block the piercing light - But to little avail. Suddenly, a voice echoed in his head, it was female... And it was.... singing...

"I... Walk alone. Retrace my steps... where did I go wrong? Memories of better days.... are all that remains. I dream one by one... Without a trace. They all fade away. Bittersweet after taste.... is all that remains. And every time... the more I've lost; The less... I gained."

Lyonin felt his eyes heat up, as tears seem to build. Why...? He... He knew this song. It was... the last song he ever heard. From the second to last mortal... He ever 'loved.' Lyonin looked over to the released Setoku, then to the now free Sinner. It was time... He needed to stop them all. Here... and now.

"Bankai"

Just as soon as the word was spoken, a bright, almost blinding light pierced through the already bright Antarctica. As the light dimmed, Luke turned his head to look, and could make out a figure standing across from him. White hair with the brightest blue eyes, fair skin shielded by a milk white Haori. Two bright wings had sprout from Lyonin's back accompanied by a shining ringlet of light. Lyonin held in his right hand, the hilt of a energy sword of some type. In his left, was the sword he had previously been fighting with, which was odd due to him being right handed. Luke merely smiled, before pulling his own mask up, exposing his features. Slowly, he begun to draw his blade, and looked from Lyonin to Setoku. This was going to prove... Interesting.

"Come."

As soon as the word was spoke, Setoku and Lyonin shot forward, their swords pulled back - And within seconds they were there, swinging down - Luke merely smiled, before stepping to the right, and fading away - A loud clang echoed, as Setoku felt his blade smash into Lyonins own. Lyonin merely smiled, flapping his energy wings once - And twisting his blade to the left. Setoku smiled as well, and twisted his own to counter it. Lyonin took a breath, and spoke.

"So... finally."

Setoku turned his head to the side, and spit gingerly. He didn't want to play with Lyonin right now, but... Fate seemed to dictate other wards.

"Exactly. Segunda... Etapa."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Chapter Ten: Bittersweet After~Taste

"Exactly. Segunda... Etapa."

Lyonin's eyes went wide, and he flapped his brilliant energy wings once, the wings, seemingly made of a pure white reishi, collapsed in on themselves, and engulfed the boy in a cocoon as he slid back, up, and away from the devastating looking purple and black energy that engulfed his "Brother."

"It seems we've come to a head once more, Setoku no Dachi."

The voice was soft, and quiet, and even then seemed to easily penetrate the mash-up of colors and the destructive sounding whistling of wind and energy combining. Lyonin couldn't help but feel a rush of nostalgia. How many times had these two actually crossed blades? To numerous for him to recall... But this is the first time they both begun from equal footing. Lyonin's wings slightly parted in the middle of the cocoon, the white energy giving way to his pallid flesh and soft blue eyes.

"All this... for the sake of keeping Stray aligned with you..."

The purple and black energy that consumed Setoku seem to whip and spin from it's circled form, vicious looking tendrils of energy whipping about and wrapping around the white reishi that encircled Lyonin - consuming him along with it. Lyonin could barely see beyond his white wings, and slowly allowed them to part. Setoku's voice, twisted and broken, spoke to him. From a distance, yet from so close.

"Aligned with me...? No, dear brother. I want you to return the Reishi that I rightfully claimed. I want my sword back."

Lyonin's right wing suddenly tucked in, wrapping around his form as a tattered and glowing purple No-dachi sliced through the air where it once was. Lyonin cartwheeled to the side, and spun his body around, pulling up the energy blade in his right to catch the next strike of the No-dachi, and steer it toward the ground.

"Don't get to full of yourself, Setoku. That was always your downfall, you know. Hado Ninety. Black Coffin."

Suddenly, the energy surrounding Lyonin became a darker shade of black, and two were completely blocked out from Luke's sight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stray re-angled her gun, and lowered it slowly. Her breathing was heavy, as the straps on her shirt suddenly burned off, causing the clothing over her torso to slowly fall off. What she wore underneath was a surprise to even her. White plates of hollow skin covered her breasts and chest, and most of her stomach, leaving only an inch or so of stomach around her belly button exposed. She reached down, and touched it lightly.

"Since... when...?"

She asked no one particular, as the now-headless corpse of Sorayn fell from his knee's to his stomach. She looked down to him, and closed her eyes slowly.

"Forgive me, Former Primera-san. But it had to be done."

Suddenly, her eyes pulled wide open, as the influx of energy almost knocked her from her feet. She felt the experience of drowning in a vast ocean, immediately followed by the feeling of free-falling from an infinite sky, unable to slow her descent. Two enormous power levels were facing off right now.... And by the feel of the Reishi... she knew exactly who they were. The first name she spoke left her lips at barely a whisper, a somewhat sad tinge to it.

"Setoku-niisama..."

But the second name, it left her lips viciously, and as soon as she heard herself say it, she knew it was time to kill him. Fix what Jen had tried to destroy. The bridge between Hollow and Shinigami that once before... could never occur without dire consequences to either side.

"Lyonin...."

Her own reiatsu suddenly sparked up, as she turned to look over her shoulder, in time to catch a massive black wall of pure, murderous intent reishi consume the area where the two were battling it out - And she knew instantly what it was.

"Black Coffin."

And suddenly, she was gone. The echo easily piercing the silence that was Antarctica. They weren't the only two in that direction, she also felt two massive, almost uncomprehending levels in the vicinity, so powerful they felt, she swore she could literally taste the reiatsu dripping off their auras. One seemed familiar, but the other, she had no idea. But right now, she didn't have time to worry about that, nor the third reiatsu, which was dwarfed by the four massive ones, that pulled her attention. As she appeared and reappeared several different times across the continent, drawing closer and closer to the massive black wall that she was headed, she didn't even stop the worry about a suddenly sixth reiatsu that converged close to the spot - Captain level.

(My computer is going on the fritz once more, so I will try to get on as often as I can to finish up this story - So forgive the long waits between each chapter and the cluttered mess that seems to add them all up, I promise, I will work with it soon.)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 am

Short Interlude: Die, my Darling

The black energy consumed Setoku, and Lyonin brought two fingers to press to his lips. He didn't want to do this - Not end his brothers life after they had finally started getting somewhere. But he needed to be stopped, and torn down. Lyonin turned his eyes to the side, before letting out a soft sigh.

"...Kai."

Suddenly, tendrils of energy sparked through the black wall consuming Setoku, exploding as if swords into a box. Lyonin knew it was over, even before it begun. He brought his sword up, and pointed it toward the ground - And suddenly he felt a massive reiatsu, and heard something shatter. He felt a tug on his sword, as he looked down to see a hand protruding from the wall, yanking him toward it.

"Im... Impossible!"

He heard another sound akin to glass breaking, as a massive, long sword extended from next to the arm that was reaching out of the spell - He was still alive? Lyonin leaned to the right, narrowly avoiding the blade as it sweeped past his cheek. His fingers lightly released his own sword, as his other hand dropped the energy blade, grabbing the no-dachi by the hilt.

"Not this time, Setoku."

Lyonin brought up his left foot, and placed it against Setoku's sword arm, and ripped the No-dachi from his hand, as he felt his own blade ripped out of his grasp. Lyonin pulled the No-dachi back, and spun around, bringing it in for a wide sweep, only too feel it be stopped by another blade.

"Heh, never heard of this happening, Taicho."

Setoku's voice echoed, as the black coffin shattered, and shards of it fell to the ice. Indeed, Lyonin realized. The two were fighting each other... using the other's blades. Was that even possible?

"Setoku... How...?"

He was cut off, as he felt a sharp pain in his left reishi wing, and felt the slight weight difference as it fell from his body. What...? He turned his head, pressing Setoku's sword against his own, and slowly started to look up - Only to see the hilt of his energy sword as it soared high. When?

"Didn't you know, Taicho...? This sword is drawn to the weilder of the other sword. It's very simmilar to my old sword... Infact..."

Lyonin looked on in stunned silence as the energy blade flipped around, and shot down into Setoku's waiting left hand. He then felt the pressure of his sword pressing against Setoku's, and felt his footing slip from the very minor weight displacement. Lyonin went to pull Setoku's No-dachi back, to angle for a stab, when he heard an echo, and felt another burning sensation, yet this time on his right side, as his other wing slowly seem to melt off. What was going on? He felt a pressure in his spine, as Setoku toe kicked him in the back, sending him flying toward the ice. Lyonin jerked his body around, pointing two fingers in Setoku's direction.

"Byakurai..."

A massive beam of lightning followed his spell, and directly impacted Setoku, who was standing with his head high, both Lyonin's swords in his hands. He was growing over-confident, and perhaps that was why his spell hit? Setoku jerked back, as the light peirced his chest, and shot out his back. His massive bone wings twitched, and he was sent rolling back, falling to the ice below. Even though the two had switched swords, and Setoku had gained the upper hand, Lyonin couldn't help but feel that sense of satisfaction from the single hit.

"Heh..."

Lyonin smiled, as he felt his body impact a wall of ice, and suddenly, he stopped. Was the ice thick enough to bring him to a halt? No. It wasn't before, so why would it now? Lyonin turned his head to the side, trying to see what caused him to stop, when a voice caused his eyes to open wide.

"Hello, lover."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Chapter  11: Circle of Regret

(My most favourite part of this story - The Circle Chapters. There is four in all, and each leads credence to the final chapter which will follow. It also crosses into Luke's 'New Beggings' which I've been excited for. The Chapters will be as follows: Circle of Regret, Circle of Hate, Circle of Death, ending with Circle of Fear. And then the final Chapter. So please, enjoy these final moments of the love story and heartache that is Stray and Lyonin!)

Setoku felt his body awashed in cold water, as the Byagurai sent him flying back. Instead of managing to hit the thick Ice Sheet that was Antartica, he impacted the below zero ocean itself. As he sunk deeper and deeper, he slowly closed his eyes. These were the final moments. The end of all he worked so hard to acheive... Would it fail? Luke was Free, Isabella was back and Sorayn.... Had sadly passed. Setoku reached up to his chest, pulling the energy sword up - And gripping his chest tightly. It hurt... His friends were dying, and he couldn't save them. But why did it hurt? He was a hollow, he didn't have feelings.

"Tell me... Master..."

Setoku managed in his mind. Master...? Indeed, Luke. Setoku could never recall his past beyond the Bakumatsu... He never remebered his father, his children. Since he had died... He had developed feelings for Luke, feelings as in seeing him as a father. Was that pathetic? No... It was Lyonin-Taicho's fault... Setoku rolled his body over in the water, to try and see how far the ground was. Even though the waters were crystal clear, he couldn't see beyond ten feet. It was so dark... He suddenly felt the water shift behind his back, and felt it displace as Jen appeared behind him, pulling her sword up, and bringing it down. Was this the end? Would his loving Sister kill him? Yes...She was so strong now... So different. He only wished they would of been closer, but alas. Through the water, Jen would hear his voice, as he spoke into the depths, somehow, to her alone, his voice came out clear.

"Kill me... Sister..."

Jen hesitated a moment at that, as a tear begun to form in her eye. She couldn't help it, she did have some family affection for him. But he needed to be stopped. She spoke back, her voice muffled to everyone but Setoku, but to him, it was cracked, broken. Was she... Crying for him?

"As you wish... Nee-sama... I... Lo.."

It was cut off, as a hand grabbed her chin and covered her mouth, she felt another grab her wrist, and forcefully pull her sword back. What...? Who...? She felt her body spin around, and felt her shoulder pop out of place. She screamed, but in the water it came out only bubbles. Then she saw the culprit... No.. .culprits. Two people... who..? Sinners? One was a female, the other a male. The one who popped her shoulder out of place, the male, smiled. And spoke. It came out so clear to her, which was odd.

"Not this time, little girl. Setoku... this is his fight."

The girl nodded, who was covering her mouth, and suddenly she felt pressure on her stomach, as her knee drove into it. She was going to run out of breath in this situation! She begun to panic, feeling the last bits of air escape her lungs. Why..? These Sinners, this wasn't their battle! She suddenly felt some grab her obi, and she felt herself being thrust out of he water, a body pressed to her back.. .An energy sword hung off the finger tips of the man with his hand wrapped around her stomach. Two bone wings enclosing around her, as they soared high into the air. Setoku..? She felt the water roll off her as they broke the surface, and took a deep breath.  

"Setoku..? Why..?"

Setoku's wings opened, and she felt her body pulled back, as she was sent flying to the Ice Sheet, Setoku's voice in her mind. And she suddenly... felt safe.

"Stop Lyonin and Stray... they need... To fall in love. Need... To create something beatiful..."

She suddenly saw a bright flash, and heard the sound of rushing air, as Setoku fired a Cero into the ocean. Her body impacted the ice roughly, and she rolled out of it. Her shoulder throbbed and ached. And she suddenly felt someone grab her waist, and her arm, twisting it around roughly, as a foot impacted her rib cage. Then she heard it, her shoulder popping back into place. She screamed, and the man let go, and suddenly... The pain was gone.

"For Setoku-sama's fate... Please.."

She turned to look over her shoulder, and saw a young man with an odd assassin like knife. It was... That boy from before. He looked afraid, heartbroken. She reached to thank him, but he pulled away.

"Go. I hate you Shinigami... But Setoku has spoken, and his will must be done."

She hesistated a moment. Why did these Hollow worship him so? He was so evil... So cruel. But she caught herself... This was her brother.... and he saved her. Was he evil? Or was it circumstance? She shook her head, running toward two people who were in a death grapple. Setoku's no-dachi held backhand, reversed, with the dull end pressing to Stray's neck, and her own gun, pressed to the man's skull. Lyonin and Stray! She screamed stopped, and jumped into the fray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Soul Society, standing on a large wooden building, a young girl sat. She had brilliant red hair, and stunning green eyes. Around her neck hung a peice of mask... Setoku's mask. She wore nothing more than a pink on orange Kimono, and was staring intently at the sky. She was a prisoner  now, her looks changed, her Reiatsu still impressive, but not as sharp, as cold. The girl sighed, as she lowered her head, closing her eyes. A memory from Hueco Mundo coming to her. As she lay defeated and half dead in the blood sand.

"We are the same..."

It was Setoku, as he had leaned down to whisper to her. Her face turned red then when he spoke. They were the same?

"I love you, Fujiwara... never forget that, as we count backwards to the end. Just a few last hours... Let's make this count."

She had felt tears in her eyes then, as Setoku slowly stood up to face an intruder, and smiled at her. She loved him too. He was her everything. But what had he meant...? They are the same. She felt tears begun to form in her eyes, as she dropped to her knees. Fujiwara Michiyo then looked up, as tears poured forth, and whispered a few words back, knowing, somehow, Setoku would hear them.

"I love you, Shinamori-sama... Come home to me... soon..."

She then dropped to her hands and knees, and begun to cry. Her screams of anguish echoing across the village in the Rukon.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Chapter 12: Circle of Hate

Setoku licked his lips gingerly, as his bone wings spread open wide, and he tilted his head to the side. Watching, carefully, as the water encircled around itself, causing a whirlpool effect. He couldn't help but smile, it stayed quiet a bit to long for his taste.

"Luke-sempai, Isabella-chan... I know you're there."

Setoku's ears perked, as he heard the sound of displaced air. The Shunpo of the Sinners, and not just one, two. Isabella must of finally learned it herself. How.... annoying. His wings folded in a moment, before they sprawled back out, the ends heading for either sinner, the tip of them gleaming from the ice.

"Goodnight, Sinner."

He felt his left wing stop, and get tugged on. Of course, Luke-sempai wouldn't fall for something so practical. But then, he felt his bone wing pull to the side, as Luke jumped over in front of Isabella, and caught the tip of his other wing in his waiting palm.

"Oh..?"

Setoku yanked his body forward, and felt as his wings tugged Luke off his feet, and threw him toward his back. Setoku dropped low, feeling Luke pass centimeters above his head, as Luke released his wings. Setoku truly didn't want to fight Luke, Luke was far to much for him, even now. And he was perfectly aware of that. But...

"Luke-sempai. You sat, imbedded and chained to a cross for years... Yet you still wish to go trough with your plan...?"

Luke smiled inwardly, as he flipped himself over mid-flight, using a single hand to catch the air, and level himself out. As he slid to a stop, he spoke, his voice soft, some would even say loving. But Setoku knew far to well the truth.

"Plan...? I see.. so you kept me chained up to keep me away from..."

Luke looked over his shoulder, to the fight going on behind him in the distance. Stray and Lyonin. The forbidden lovers. Setoku was always to smart for his own good, this was true, but Luke couldn't help but respect the level of deception he went through, what calculation and cunning. He looked back to Setoku, only to find he wasn't there.

"Luke-sempai. Your ambition ends here... Hueco Mundo is mine. Not yours. And let me show you..."

Luke's eyes went wide, that came from... Where Isabella was. Luke quickly looked up, watching as Setoku appeared behind the girl, one arm wrapping around her neck, as his bone wings encased her. No... He had to stop this. He needed her!

"Setoku! NO!"

Luke shot forward, a sword appearing in his hand - He was the prince of hell, he would not be stopped by a former apprentice, let alone an Espada of all things! As Luke drew closer, he saw Setoku whisper something to Isabella, then smiling. Isabella's eyes were suddenly wide with fear, as comprehension seem to dawn on her features. She looked to Luke, and motioned to scream, when Setoku's hand came through her throat, ending her last words. Luke stopped in mid-flight, his eyes wide. Blood, the blood of death, came dripping down from Setoku's hand, before he slowly pulled his arm back, and out of the girl. He frowned for a moment, looking her over.

"How I ever loved a woman like you is beyond me..."

Setoku's wings slowly opened, and he pushed on Isabella, sending the poor girl tumbling toward the cold ice below. Yet she didn't fade, nor did she break up to particles. Luke followed her descent, his eyes still wide. She wasn't dead, he knew. But his little stunt... it did put a minor dent in his plans.

"Setoku... how..? She remembered you..."

Setoku smiled inwardly, pulling his bloody fingers to his lips, licking them lightly.

"I'm well aware of her broken memory of me. But as I said..."

Setoku suddenly let his tongue roll off his fingertips, and was gone, appearing behind Luke, his Energy blade thrusting forward. No... Lyonin's energy blade. Luke spun on his heel, letting his own sword impact the Shinigami sword. There was a bright flash, engulfing the two. And as the flash begun to subside, Setoku's body was falling toward the ice...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen jumped between the two, one hand pushing up the on the barrel of Stray's gun, while her leg came up, impacting into Lyonin's arm, causing Lyonin's own blade to recoil, as he pulled back.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?!"

She was breathing heavy, even though her arm was fixed, she still could barely catch air in her lungs. She couldn't truly understand the depth of what Setoku told Stray, but she was sure it wasn't *THAT* bad. She felt the barrel of Stray' gun re-angle, and slide across her arm, pointing to the Captains face. Point Blank. Jen's eyes suddenly grew wide.

"Stray... you wouldn't..."

"I would."

Her voice was cold, matter of fact. Jen suddenly felt a tingle of fear, fear that she had never felt toward any hollow, especially Stray. She tried to push against the gun, push it up above her head at least. But it didn't budge. The barrel suddenly begun to gleam blue, as a Cero begun to charge. And all Jen could do was close her eyes. Resign. This was her end... Setoku would have to fix this if he cared so. She heard Lyonin scramble to get up, and she couldn't help but smile. She wasn't going to die alone, at least.

"Sister..."

Her voice came out quietly, and she was smiling more widely now. If anyone was gonna kill her, at least it was Stray. Stray said nothing, nor did Jen hear the gun angle away. Yes.. it was time. She heard the sound of rushing air, then felt the gun tug up, followed by Stray's voice. She felt a tug on her Haori, as she was sent flying back - What..? As she opened her eyes, she saw a man enshrouded in black, standing where she was. The Sinner.

"Oh Stray wolf, so adorable you are."

Stray snarled, and her gun fired, but Luke easily batted the beam aside. There was something Stray would never understand  about him. He wasn't a hollow, nor a Shinigami. He was something else entirely, something far beyond her.

"I see Setoku's lies imbedded well into your skull. My former student was always a master of deception."

Luke's hand came down, touching the barrel lightly, and pushing it toward the ground. Stray suddenly whipped up her other gun, and fired off endless rounds - Luke smiled, as the beams of light enshrouded him, and exploded all around him. Stray released the hilt of the gun Luke held, and quickly jumped back.

"Lies.... all of it. But you are no longer a problem, sinner."

She watched as Lyonin forced himself up, glaring at the explosive power of Stray's guns. And she felt a ping of heartache. But quickly, she covered it up, and raised her gun to point in Lyonin's direction.

"Goodbye, Lyonin. I will... always... miss..."

She felt a hand grab her shoulder, and her eyes went wide. The Sinner..? She looked down to her shoulder, and saw the hilt of a sword. Nothing more. No blade coming forth, and surely, considering it's design, it was not a Hollow sword. The hand was covered in blood, it smelled of his own... but of another's too.

"Stray... that's enough. I lied..."

Stray froze. Her eyes wide. He... lied..? But.. why..? No, it couldn't be true. This had to be an illusion! She quickly spun around, and pointed her weapon at Setoku's jaw, pressing it deeply into the skin. It didn't fade, it even bled. And the blood... it smelled of Setoku. What did he mean? Could it be true? Had he lied. No... wait. She shook her head. It had to be an illusion!

"He did lie, girl. I just don't think you understand how well he did so."

Stray's eyes went wide, as she felt the Sinner directly behind her. She felt her body spin around, as Setoku tugged her to him, heard Lyonin shoot forward with Setoku's sword, heard the swords meet as Setoku spun Stray around, now standing in front of her. He suddenly shoved Stray back and away, as a sword pierced through Setoku's stomach. Her eyes went wide. Her brother....

"Setoku....."

That was Lyonin, his blade was slid against the sinners, down to the hilt, yet he couldn't stop it. Lyonin frowned a moment.

"The energy sword... It's gone?"

Setoku turned his head, smiling slowly, throwing the hilt to the ground.

"No... Luke... stopped it..."

Luke smiled, and slowly twisted the blade. Setoku's eyes went wide, as he begun to cough. Blood falling down his chin and shooting across the ice. Stray stepped forward, and reached for Setoku, but suddenly, she pulled her hand back.

"Setoku...I'm sorry..."

Stray closed her eyes and turned away. He had tried to destroy her, mentally. Physically. She could not help him, no, she didn't want to help him. Setoku merely smiled, as he reached down, and grabbed Luke's blade. Holding it in place.

"Lyonin..."

Lyonin smirked, and pulled up Setoku's sword, pulling back, and slashing it down, intent to fix the problem once and for all.

"Luke... was it? Goodbye."

As Lyonin spoke, there was a crack, as a massive gate begun to appear next to Luke. But Lyonin ignored it, for everyone. For the future. He would end this Sinner's life before it got any worse.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Chapter 13: Circle of Death

Michiyo sat still on the building she had been on since her arrival. Her eyes were red, puffy. Had she been crying the whole time? She couldn't remember. Her left hand gripped over her heart tightly, as she continued to stare into the sky. Setoku wouldn't come to soul society, of that she was sure. Even if Jen had somehow purified him, he was far to evil. No, soul society wouldn't have him. It would be hell that took him. Well, on a good note, he'd be with his teacher, she supposed. She finally lowered her head, and gazed at the street below. Hundreds of beings walked endlessly, with no propose, no meaning. And she was now one of them. Perhaps it was time she moved on. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a soul flicker, and seemingly fade out a moment, before it was suddenly back. What just happened...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than two hundred yards from the artic coast, high above.

A being sat, a trench coat whipping around his form. He was a child, no older than fourteen it seemed. The boy smiled inwardly, as he watched the gates of hell rise from the ice. He tilted his head to the side, as a group of shadows appeared behind him. There had to be at least twenty there, and only two stepped forward. One was a female, with brilliant red hair and dull crimson eyes. The other, was almost a mirror image of the boy standing, except he looked at least five years older. The two bowed at his side, and the girl was the first to speak.

"Kariya-sama. It seems Luke's plan is in the works. Shall we intervene?"

The man next to her, turned his head to the girl, and spoke for the boy instead.

"Most likely not, Rikka-chan. Joey doesn't need to do something so.... boring."

The boy suddenly smiled wider, and he turned his head slightly, looking to the two. When he spoke, his voice was so childlike, yet methodical, dark.

"Rikka-chan, Solvious-kun. Stop with the bickering, will you? No, we shall not intervene. You see, they will need heroes, The Shinigami and Hollow, and I think that is Luke's whole purpose. What he doesn't understand though.... is just what exactly we are capable of. We could stop his father, and we did ignore his rule... But let us see... What they can do when our rise happens, shall we?"

Solvious smiled a moment, before finally speaking. His voice was so much like Joey's, yet it seemed more older. Who the hell were these people?

"But what of the Quincy, my Brother?"

Joey opened his eyes, the dark red irises speaking of death and chaos on a level not seen sense the Sinner's first escape from the world of hell.

"Oh, they won't pose a problem this time around, of that I am sure. Come, my family. Let us go."

Joey turned, his white hair whipping around much like his trench coat in the wind, and as quick as they were there, they were gone. As if they never existed to begin with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setoku felt the impact of Lyonin's sword into Luke. How...? Well, when Luke's body shifted, so did the sword, and so did Setoku. To be honest, Setoku was actually shocked that happened at all. Lyonin was strong, but Luke was something different.

"Heh... Luke-sempai... finish me already."

Setoku turned to look over his shoulder, and his eyes grew wide. Luke wasn't hit by the sword, instead, as the tentacles of hell wrapped around his legs and arms, Luke had raised a single hand, and stopped Setoku's sword. An impressive feat, Setoku had to admit, but..

"Luke-sempai... you summoned hells gate..?"

Setoku's question went unanswered, as he felt the sword lifting up, and slicing the rest of the way through his body. Bi-sected, from the stomach to his right shoulder. Setoku stumbled forward, and turned his head to look. The Gate's of hell were always such an impressive sight, and Setoku knew... that was where his future lie. His eyes slowly closed, as he felt tentacles wrap around his form, and drag him toward the gates. His ambitions, his hopes, they had finally come to an end.

"Goodbye... Michiyo.... Stray... and..."

He couldn't finish, as he was sucked into the red void, Isabella followed close behind, her throat healing, yet the tentacles still aiding her. The massive stone like doors slammed shut, and slowly, the gates of hell begun their descent back into the ice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stray stood, her eyes fixed on the sight. Why didn't she help him? No, that wasn't right.... why wasn't she helping Lyonin? Or Jen? Her eyes followed along the ground, tracing back to Jen, who lay against a jutting stone in the ice, her eyes closed, her features looking as if she was in peace. She turned her head again, and watched with stunned horror and respect as Luke turned his body, pressing his sword to Lyonin's and bringing it up, and impacting his foot into his stomach. Lyonin was sent tumbling back, and Stray sprung into action. She darted forward, and felt as Lyonin impacted her body. He was warm. Her cheeks flushed red a moment, before she snuggled into him. This wouldn't be like with Setoku, no.... this time, this time she would be the one to stop this.

"Sinner.... what is it you want?"

Stray asked as she slowly laid Lyonin onto the ice, gazing in amazement at how he still was gripping Setoku's sword. It still remained, tied to Lyonin somehow. She rose to her feet, the bone armor around her body nearly gleaming. It was time to stop this. Her question was answered, after a moment.

"You beings will need heroes.... And you two... will give birth to something even more powerful than I. Of that... I cannot allow."

Luke's eyes suddenly went wide, as he felt the barrel of a gun pressed to his skull. But she was still standing in front of him. Reinforcements?

"Grimlas Sonido. Where do you think Setoku learnt it?"

Luke spun on his heel, bringing his sword around. The perfect chance! Suddenly, there was a loud explosion, and the world seem to lighten up a bright blue color.

In a deep underground structure, beneath a hospital in Tokyo

Ten people sat in a line, on a massive wooden table. At one head, a plasma screen sat, showing the images of what was happening in Antarctica, at the other, a boy. All eleven people there were enshrouded in shadow. But it was quite an easy guess at who they were. Carved into the center of the very table, was the Quincy Cross.

"What do you think, Fujita-san?"

Asked one shadow, his silhouette gave the impression he was a rather massive man. The boy at the head of the table, leaned back, he had to of been only seventeen, and the glasses her wore shined oddly in the little amount of light.

"I think... The Bount and the Quincy are going to have a problem. What's this union the sinner spoke of? More powerful than the Prince of Hell?"

There was a silence for a moment, before another shadow, this one smaller than the man at the head of the table, even.

"The Zero Espada and the Captain, they have an unholy union. But that isn't really a problem, if worse can to worse and something is born of them, easy to assassinate."

The man at the table placed his elbows on it, and leaned on his hands. Fujita Gorou, the final successor of the quincy.

"Very well. For now, we will allow the bount free roam, we shall not interfere until the end of that. The Quincy are a dead race, remember?"

Fujita placed his hands on the table, before slowly rising to his feet.

"We will stay hidden until the time is right. Understood? Dismissed."

A round of "Aye" traveled in the cave, as all the men rose, each headed their own way. There was indeed a war coming, and a war, the Quincy would have no part of, this time.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 am

Chapter 14: Circle of Fear

::Wastes of Antarctica::

"Grimlas Sonido, huh?"

As the flash of blue and loud explosion slowly subsided, Stray pulled her weapon back, shouldering the pistol onto her shoulder. The barrel pointed keenly behind her, where the voice had come from. She wasn't to surprised, really, this was the man who lead the Hollow before her time, and the one who had trained Setoku. But still, much like her dear, departed Brother, he was an annoyance. Like a flea. There was a click, and suddenly, a massive, dark purple flash emanated from the muzzle of the pistol, yet no explosion followed.

"Yes, like the one Setoku and Lanaught are so proficient in, Sinner."

No answer followed, but Stray wasn't satisfied. Luke was still alive, the beam had missed him, she assumed. No explosion, no body. Her suspicions were quickly realized when Luke answered her, but again, his voice was from behind her.

"I see. So why is it you fight to protect the two Shinigami?"

Stray didn't answer, she clenched her jaw tightly shut, and spun about on her heel, pulling the pistol which rested on her shoulder down, and the other gun, which had dangled uselessly in her left hand up. That weapon, however, was different. It didn't look like a basic pistol like the one in her right, it was more akin to a sawn off shotgun, actually. There was two clicks, followed by two bright flashes, one purple, the other blue. Before she had even took aim. This time, she was rewarded with the sound of a massive explosion, as the beams had combined, and crashed into her opponent. She blinked her eyes a few times, watching as a black, smoldering husk fell toward the ice. Finally satisfied to answer.

"Because, I love them. They are my family. Captain Lyonin, my future husband, and Captain Jen, my darling sister. You took my precious brother away from me... and for that... you must die. No more words, Sinner."

She smirked inwardly. She couldn't understand how Setoku and Lyonin had such a hard time here... She knew he was already dead. She reached out with her Reiatsu, probing the husk carefully, and suddenly, her eyes grew wide. This wasn't Shinigami, Sinner, or any other type of Reiatsu she felt... it was... hollow.

"Lanaught..."

She whispered, as she felt a cold piece of steel press meekly to her throat, mocking, almost. Followed by Luke's voice.

"Congratulations, Zero of the Espada. Your reputation procedes you!"

The steel pressed tighter to her throat, and she felt the warm liquid that was her blood roll down her neck as it slowly cut through the skin. She was gone - He was so quick, why hadn't she sensed it earlier?! Suddenly, the sword stopped, slowly pulled away and she felt Luke's body shift, and shudder. She quickly turned her head over her shoulder, in time to catch the sight playing out behind her. Lyonin had risen up, and apparently came at Luke from behind, intent to kill him when he wasn't looking - This caused Stray to blush deeply. He could be so calculating at times. No wonder she loved him - But apparently, he had caught on, stopped trying to slowly behead Stray, and caught Lyonin's oncoming sword - Setoku's No-dachi - With his own. She was still taken aback by Lyonin's absolute dedication to her, trying to kill him for her. She jerked her own body, and sent her leg back in a snap kick, letting the heel of her booted feet smash into Luke's shin, forcing his grip to slip on her. She dropped low, and shoved the barrel of her Shotgun into Luke's gut, screaming to Lyonin.

"Get away, Baby, I got this!"

There was a click, and a massive, unrelenting violet flash filled the entire horizon of Antarctica.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

::Depths of Hell::

Setoku felt his back impact hard to a marble like surface. His bright orange eyes slowly opening. He was still released, and gripped tightly in his left hand, was the energy blade that belonged to Lyonin. Though the blade was now active, and emitting a dark violet beam, he didn't understand how. He squeezed his right hand tight around a hilt in that hand, and was shocked to feel the hilt of Lyonin's atsuchi. What...? Even though he was pulled into Hell, he still retained Lyonin's swords, which were still released in Bankai.... and he himself was still in Hollow form... He shook his head, as her voice suddenly crossed into his hearing. He took a look around, and was stunned to see white floors slowly rotating around one another, sliding left to right, in a constant orbit. The Second Level of Hell? And that voice that had disturbed his thoughts of Lyonin's sword. Isabella? Alive...?

"I suppose you are wondering why Lyonin's swords have become your own. Why his Bankai is now your Segunda. A query to which I ask another... Why has your Ressurccion become his Zanpakutou? Simple, you two are linked. Always meant to trade swords. Like some Zanpakutou are born linked, apparently, the same cane be said of Ressurction, the spiritual successors of Zanpakutou."

Setoku slowly pushed himself up to a sitting position, as his swords begun to fade back into the Atsuchi Lyonin always carried, his own Hollow form turning to ash, and fading. So it was true then? From the corner of his eye, he noticed several hollow, and shinigami, affixed in status form around him, arrayed in perfect circle.... with him being the center. At first, he thought nothing of it, until one of the hollow caught his eye.

"Michiyo...?"

"Correct. She is not dead. Neither is Avathos, nor Lanaught. And neither will you be. In fifteen years, the Bount will attack, and a new will begin. A war for the very Reiatsu itself, and the worlds will need you. All of you. Nemuri Konsui" (Sleep Coma)

"So your swor---"

Setoku stopped midsentence, as a strange, dreamlike state seem to envelope his mind, his vision became blurred, being replaced instead by a vision of his desire... Fujiwara in his arms. Everything, up to that moment, seem to escape his mind, and nothing but Fujiwara in his arms, seem to matter.

"That's right, Setoku-kun. My sword, my abilities. All of them have been fashioned by Luke-sama to hold you... In my grasp, for as long as I wish."

Isabella sighed, and waved her hand dismissively. A strange aura of static color enveloped Setoku, as he sat there, eyes wide open, staring at nothing, before his body slowly floated up, to fill a small gap in the circle. Isabella slowly then looked up, waiting for the last two arrivals, and smiled slowly. Soon, the Bount would be stopped, and Luke and Isabella, would forever hold the world in their grasp.

(End of the Circle Chapters. I know the chapters veered off course slightly, as this is a love story about Stray and Lyonin, but it was merely to serve two purposes. One of them being Luke's revival of the board. So forgive the shotty, rushed writing, I will correct it in time. And the final chapter, the end to all of this, will come next week. Until then...!)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Chapter 15: Hot Summer Night

The flash subsided after a moment, and Stray was breathing heavily. She felt sweat slowly work it's way on her brow, sliding down to her neck, and slowly, with the easiest of movements, caressing down to the white armor around her breasts. The bead of sweat disappeared, and Stray could only smile. That attack, her swords favorite, a reverbing Gran Rei modeled heavily on Setoku's Oscurases, would completely destroy all visions of the Sinner, leaving nothing behind. She slowly rose to her feet, and shouldered both her weapons on either shoulder blade, and tilted her head to the side. Her long hair cascaded down to cover her left shoulder, and a for a brief moment, she felt like she looked like her human self - Which Setoku claimed was beautiful beyond comparison. But Setoku was a fool.

"Lyonin...?"

She asked carefully, allowing her voice to carry over the empty plains of ice. No answer came. She frowned, waiting at least a full minute before saying it again.

"Lyonin...? Where are you..?"

She suddenly heard a loud grinding, and quickly spun on her heel. A massive black gate, with two skeletons standing "Guard" on either side stood unnoticed not twenty feet away - The doors slowly pulling open. How had she not felt that? Noticed it? Granted, the power of her weapons Cero could of concealed it from sight.... but not even a pulse in the Reiatsu. She didn't understand. She lowered the shotgun looking weapon, and turned it slightly to the side.

"Go back to hell, Gate."

Her finger twitched over the trigger, ready to pull and destroy Luke's only return to sanction, when a sight crossed her eyes. Two bright wings, with black blotches working their way through them seemingly, being pulled toward the gate - She glared slightly, and squinted to get a better view.

"Lyo...nin..."

She said softly, before she was gone, appearing at the entrance to the gate. She had to stop this! She bolted forward, holstering her weapons on her thighs as she jumped up with her arms open, and tried to grab Lyonin around the waist, and yank him from the black tendrils corrupting his wings - As she drew closer, she was horrified to see they worked around his arms and legs as well, and were quickly pulling him in. She closed her arms around his waist, and still, flew forward, as if she travelled right through him. Her eyes were wide in pure terror, as she screamed out to him.

"LYONIN!"

But he didn't answer. He merely rose his head, and smiled. Why was he smiling?! He hadn't done nothing grand! His lips parted to speak, and her heart seem to lock in place.

"To free you, My Love... I sacrifice... my... Soul..."

The tendrils suddenly wrapped around Lyonin's chin and mouth, and twisted his head to the side, before quickly yanking him between the massive double doors. As the doors slowly pulled closed, Stray bolted forward, and jumped between the massive gates, throwing herself into the mercy of Hell itself. There was a white flash.... and then... Nothing. She didn't hear anything, she didn't see anything.

*~* Second Level of Hell *~*

The tendrils suddenly jerked, and Lyonin felt himself soar toward the ground below. It was ground... right? White flooring that seemed to constantly shift, changing direction. As he felt, he struggled to move his body, flip himself around to land on his feet, but to no avail. He felt the air sucked out of his lungs as he crudely belly flopped into the white mass, and bounced up about five feet, dropping roughly to the ground again. His eyes slowly closed, and he caught sight of several bodies, holding completely still, in a perfect circle, which he seemed to of landed perfectly between.

*~* The Wastes of the Artic *~*

Jen grunted, before pushing herself off the ground. What had happened? One minute, she was trying to rescue Stray and Lyonin, next.... Nothing. Where was Setoku? Stray...? The Sinner? She shook her head, trying desperately to push off the last vestiges of sleep. She took a step forward, and stumbled slightly.

"What... what happened...?"

She asked herself, feeling an incessant throbbing in her skull. She stared blankly ahead, placing her left hand on the front of her head - It was warm... Sticky? She pulled her hand down, and her eyes grew wide in terror. Blood?! What exactly did happen?!

"Stray...? Setoku...? LYONIN-TAICHO?"

She screamed desperately. They had to be here somewhere! If the Sinner had won, he wouldn't leave her here alive, would he? As the panic suddenly begun to sink in, a voice crossed her hearing.

"They are all in hell, in an eternal sleep, if you will."

Jen stopped, and turned her head. The voice was small, young. As she came face to face with the being who spoke, she had to stifle a gasp. His reiatsu was as if several people were inside him, as if he devoured them. Not the bodies, but just their spirits. His eyes were the bloodiest of crimson.... yet he was so calm, cool, about what was going on. She had heard tales about people like this from the past... But they were extinct... weren't they? Her lips moved, as she spoke what he was out loud, causing the boy to smile.

"B...Bount..."

"Oh...? So the Shinigami didn't completely forget about us. Well, no matter. Your friends are in an eternal sleep, my dear, and they will remain that way, until I decide otherwise."

He was so matter of fact, and, Jen would admit, handsome, considering he looked so young. Was he in control here?

"What have you done to them, monster?! Vampire?!"

The accusation seemed to sting the boy slightly, Jen thought she saw a moment of sadness in his eyes, but it was quickly replaced by amusement.

"Your kind created me. Are you not the monster? But return to Soul Society, tell Xavier-Sama-Taicho Kariya Joey sends his love, will you? And do not worry about your friends... They are safe. For fifteen years. Now go."

The boy turned around, and slowly flicked his arm - The hilt of a sword sliding into his hand. But no blade. The boy swung his arm outward, and suddenly, a blade seem to collapse out, and the boy started walking toward the gate. Jen reached out.

"Wait... why are you doing this...?"

The boy didn't stop, nor did he turn around, but his answer caused Jen to cringe on the inside.

"Because. I want to feel everything you Shinigami and Hollow have, I want to feel the strongest you have to offer, before I wipe you off the face of the earth."

In the distance, Jen watched as the Sinner seem to rise from the snow, and floated toward the Bount. The bount was protecting her? Holding him off? Was his need to fight that intense? As she mulled this over, she felt a sharp impact on the side of her head, and briefly caught site of a man catching her as she fell. When she awoke several hours earlier, in Soul Society, she would report to Xavier what happened - And soon, the world would be plunged back into the chaos.

*~* Second Level of hell. *~*

Luke walked slowly among the bodies in a circle. A wound on his left arm. That Bount.... Joseph Kariya, had given him a run for his money, but he hadn't fought. Hadn't even called upon his puppet. He let Luke escape. Luke didn't have time to understand the boy's reasoning, but either way, it worked to his favor.

"Soon, you will all rise before a threat even greater than I, or the Quincy."

Luke walked between them all, Setoku, Michiyo, Lyonin, Lanaught, Avathos... And several others. The only one's he let escape, Jen and Xavier, was because he needed two to survive and warn the Soul Society of the doom to come. Even some Espada were spared. But the ones he had here, he needed their skills as sharp as ever.

"Now, for the plan to go into action. Isabella... Where is Stray?"

"In the first level of hell. She will be freed with the others."

"Good, it will give her time to reflect on who she truly is... What she truly is."

Luke took a few steps forward, before spreading his arms wide open. He could feel the reiatsu around him building. His time was at an end. Setoku would live... Perhaps grow much stronger than he... But... He needed to give himself, to keep them out for fifteen years. He reached out, and felt Isabella take his hand.

"Together, then."

Isabella smiled, as their bodies suddenly seem to slowly turn to reishi particles, and a bright light lit up the entire level, casting all of the people in statsis to their respect areas, leaving them until the time is right. The last thing heard, was Isabella's soft voice...

"Together."

(Act End. A prologue will follow shortly, explaining all that happened.)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next