World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete**

Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete**

Post by Setoku Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 pm

("Legend has it that they were written by the Dark Ones. At the Las Noches Necropolis. Roughly Translated... 'The Destruction Trilogy.' The books were said to be a distant gateway to the realms of the past. They were written long ago when the desert had a sun that was the brightest of green glows. It was this monstrous reishi used to ink the books. In the year Nineteen Seventy Eighty(1978), the books were believed to be destroyed.... Or were they?" This is the legend that follows this trilogy, but like all legends, it could merely be false. The trilogy is a collection of three books, each very short, about five to six chapters long. They talk of Five Legendary names from the past, the hell two went through to be together, and the hell the others put each other through to keep the two apart. Much like the mortal tale of Romeo and Juliet, this is the tale of two lovers, both from two sides, who took a bite of the forbidden fruit known as love.... )

Chapter One: Would you die tonight my love?

The air was stagnant, stale, even. The smell of blood was strong, and calling to her. The Stray wolf's lithe paws patted almost silently through the blood stained streets of Kyoto. Setoku had indeed made quite the mess. It made her question every time why exactly the King left him in charge of the Espada. It was as if he had his own, personal, assassin squad. But that wasn't really the case. The mess was to be expected - With the war between the Espada and the Gotei 13 growing, Setoku had to lead a squad to the real world to battle a few of the more brazen Captains. But that's not why she was here - No, the king had sent her here for something far more eloquent, something more sinister than that. Apparently, one of the captains survived the onslaught of Setoku, and was wondering around the area, trying to make sure someone survived. And if they did, take them back to Soul Society. Stray and the Lord didn't approve of that - They needed as many dead as they could get.

"Damn you Setoku - Not only did you fail me, you failed to do a simple mission... Leaving one alive. You truly are a flea."

There was a flash, before the wolf like creature that was there was there no longer. In it's place stood a semi-young girl, with a gun hanging from each hand. This was... Lady Zero's true form. She stopped, and leaned down, dragging a single finger along the ground, and pulling it up to her lips to taste it gingerly.

"Fresh... he was just here.... Perfect."

She leaned down slightly, and then took off. There was an echo of a bang, before the girl reappeared infront of an injured Shinigami. He was kneeling next to a fallen comrade, holding a hand on his chest.

"Breath dammit!"

He suddenly stopped, his eyes cutting to the side. There was an Arrancar right... behind him. And no average one - Her reiatsu seemed to cut at his skin like a knife, and seemed beyond hardened. He reached down to the hilt of sword, slowly turning his head so his eyes could meet this new-comer. The reiatsu was even more powerful... than Setokus. Suddenly, he felt a the barrel of one of the girls guns pressed to his skull, and froze, his eyes finally coming into contact with her own.

"Freeze, Shinigami."

Lyonin frowned a moment, her eyes... they seemed lost. Lonely. Who was this woman? How was it her reiatsu was so much stronger than Setoku? Well, he wasn't sure. But those eyes.... And off in the distance, a shadow stood, glaring from a few skyscrapers over.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stray.... You fool... Get away from him...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who are you, Hollow?"

Lyonin let his hand fall away from the hilt of his sword, deciding it best to get along with the little charade for now. His left hand dropped down, and slowly begun to pull into a symbol of some sorts. Two index fingers pointing her way, and his lips moving slightly. Suddenly, the gun cocked, and he stopped mid-sentence.

"Don't even try it, Shinigami."

Last edited by Setoku on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Re: The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete**

Post by Setoku Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Chapter 2: Rebirth

Lyonin bit his lower lip slowly. But the girl... she hesitated? Why? She was a Hollow, he was a Shinigami, their kind did not ever get along. She should of killed him by now. What was her problem?

"Ah... so I am that important to you... huh?"

He would feign his way out of this. Due to his earlier battle with Setoku, he was already drained, wounded even. That dirty Primera had pulled the oldest trick in the book, and it had worked. But he failed... Lyonin was still alive. And as he watched the girl, he noticed her eyes kept flickering off to the side. As if distracted by something. Or... someone...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"You stupid girl... What did I tell you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That voice... it seemed so close - And Lyonin recognized it. It was... him... Lyonin suddenly rolled to the side, as Stray spun on her heel, whipping the gun around to point at... Nothing. Her eyes went wide, as Lyonin suddenly felt an incredible heat at his neck. The purple beam of the Espada's Reishi sword glowed dimly across his features. So... Setoku had survived that Hado...

"Stray. What are you doing here?"

There was a look of pure hatred in the girls eyes, yet deeper, there was a level of respect. It wasn't much, but Lyonin could see it. She did not like this man... but she grudgingly respected him? And that brought him to another question... Why hadn't Setoku just removed his head when he had the chance? Oh well, his loss. It would be the last mistake he ever made.

"Setoku.... the Lord sent me. Obviously, you weren't strong enough to finish off the jo---"

Her voice was cut off, as Setoku leapt over Lyonin, pulling his sword back to literally remove her head. She was his superior, she was everything he wanted to be, yet hated beyond any sense of reason. It was time to avert this problem.

"Die... ZERO!"

Lyonin eye's went wide for a moment. Did he just say... Zero? What was this? An Espada ranked Zero? No, that wasn't possible. It was one through ten, right? Well, it didn't matter this was his opening. He had to take it.

"Hado number four... Byakurai!"

The sword was centimeters from Strays neck, this was his chance! He would finally destroy her! At the back of his mind, his body screamed no, though. He loved this girl... Not in the common sense, mind you, but the way a brother loved his Sister. He respected her, wanted to be her... wanted her approval. But he didn't care... And right as the blade was about to make contact, a sharp impact occurred on his chest, sending him spiraling out of control. His sword went right over Stray's head, as his body barrel rolled mid-jump, and right over the edge of the Skyscraper. Stray stood there, her eyes wide. She... was about to die? But she couldn't stop him... She didn't want too. That flea... was like family. How could she? But the better question was... how could -HE-? Lyonin rolled back, pushing himself off the ground and raising to his feet. His hand hovered over his sword, and as he yanked it from it's sheath, there was a bright flash, and his arms were sent flying back. Stray stood there, not even looking at him, but at the edge where Setoku had fallen. And... she shot his arms away from the sword? He looked down at them, expecting to find them removed... but they were still there. Just... burned. Stray spoke - Her voice seem to be saddened.

"...I can't let him die like this. Shinigami... you have my thanks... but next time we meet... I assure you... You will die."

Lyonin smiled slowly, before answering back. His voice cocky, arrogant. Deserving of a captain...

"We shall see.... Hollow..."

And she was gone. There was an echo - And he heard the fabric of space rip. She was taking Setoku back to Hueco Mundo, no doubt. But why? And what was with her? She treated that man, who just tried to kill her... Like family. Hollow didn't have family. Well, no matter. It wasn't his concern... but her eyes... the minute his eyes had met hers... That sadness...

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Re: The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete**

Post by Setoku Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Intermission: Drunk on Shadows and Lost in a Lie

--------------------------1 Year Later-----------------

She had rescued him! Curse that woman...! In a tank situated in the back of a Crude Laboratory, a figure sat. His body was covered completely by a thick, greenish liquid. A window on the tank allowed view of the man. He was entirely naked - And his white hair was a mass of tangled curls from the year of soaking, no doubt. It was one of his first times going into Segunda, and it tore his body apart.

"I... will....."

Bubbles erupted from the man's lips, as his left hand slowly rose up. His cold, dead, purple eyes slowly pulled open before his left hand formed a fist, and he shoved it forward, shattering the tank open and spilling out in a mass of green liquid. Stray Wolf, Zero.. Princess, he would destroy her for this. He pushed his naked form off the floor, and standing before him.... Was a woman. The Segunda Espada. He slowly looked up, and his eyes locked with her own. She tilted her head to the side, and smiled bitterly.

"Zero rescued you, Setoku-kun?"

Setoku frowned inward, before shoving himself off the floor, and slamming his naked body into her own. She gasped for air, as Setoku's right hand clenched around her throat, and squeezed tightly. Her back shoved into the wall. It was game over for her, speaking to Setoku like she was his equal now?!

"I love you, Michiyo, but never... EVER"

He squeezed harder on her neck to emphasize his point - He could see her eyes rolling to the back of her head, feel her chest struggle to collect air in her lungs... See her tongue starting to lull out...

"Refer to me as "kun." I am Setoku-sama, to you. And you are Fujiwara-chan to me.... Do you understand?"

The girl struggled against his words, and nodded. He slowly released her neck, letting her fall to the floor. As she dropped, he caught her, and slowly raised her to her feet, holding her in place.

"She did rescue me.... but that's not all... She belittled me... and for that... She will die."

He leaned forward, pressing his lips lovingly to her own, a moment, before shoving her back and away. He turned, and headed toward the main part of his tower. He needed to get dressed - And plot out how to get back at Stray. Michiyo trailed behind him, and spoke once more... but her voice was softer, some would even say.... loving.

"Stray Wolf Zero is no longer in Hueco Mundo, Setoku-sama. She has been spending a lot of her time in the real world.... and I sense another Reiatsu with her... a Male, of some type. And for sure a Shinigami."

Setoku came to a halt, and froze in place. Michiyo came behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She knew he knew what this meant... and she would help him, at least... until she could surpass him and destroy the hold he had over her.

"Do you wish me to spy on them... Setoku-sama? I will do it... for you."

She came up on her tip-toes, and lightly kissed the back of his neck. Setoku merely nodded, and she understood. As soon as her lips pressed firmly to the back of his neck, she was gone. Setoku turned to looked behind him, before sighing.

"Be Careful, Fujiwara-chan... please..."

Setoku begun walking again, heading to his towers palace. It was time to dress, and end this once... and for all.

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 am

Chapter Three: Circle of Fear

"Where is she?"

Lyonin was bouncing on his heels a moment, awaiting the Hollow he had become so close to. Stray... she interested him deeply. And not just due to the pain he saw in her eyes... but there was... other things. Ever since that night, the two had grown slightly closer every day - Whether it was good or bad had yet to be seen. Already he felt out of place - He, a Captain, and her, the Zero of the Espada... it was like some twisted version of that mortal story... Romeo and Juliet.

"I can't be here forever, Stray... you're worrying me.."

He bit his lower lip nervously, he always had the distinction he was being followed - Yet he highly doubted it. He was one of the most skilled Captains among the Gotei 13, for someone to follow him beyond the Captain-Commander himself would be unheard of. He coughed, before crossing his legs and sitting atop the Sky-scraper... fifteen more minutes, then he had to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Captain Inagaza.... He's sitting there.... awaiting something."

The Captain shook his head slowly, what was Lyonin up too? He hated to think that he of all people could be doing something... forbidden, but the conclusions he drew too just didn't add up. Why was he leaving so often? Sometimes for hours, even days, at a time. There had to be something to it!

"Very Well, Lieutenant Bendan.... Third Seat Hinamori... keep your eyes peeled."

Besides the Lt sat a small girl, with purple hair and deep green eyes. She was a master of the Axe art - Point even more enforced by the fact that hanging from her back wasn't the normal Katana Zanpakutou, but a crude, double headed axe. She nodded to the captain, before looking back to Joshiro Bendan, her superior.

"What do you think, Joshi-chan?"

"I told you not to call me that. And It's Lyonin-Taicho, I highly doubt he's up to something... wrong. He may of just wanted to get away... I think Captain Inagaza is just being a bit paranoid."

The boy suddenly stopped talking, as he heard the fabric of space time... rip. But it close... not distant. He dropped his spy-glasses, flipping around on his side in time to see a Hollow, with black wings and baggy white pants, come stepping down from above the Captain. His exposed torso easily exposed the number below his adams apple.... One.

"Captain Inagaza of Second Squad - I've come for your head."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyonin laid back on the cold concrete of the building, before he felt an intense spiritual pressure. Stray?! No... this one was bitter... lonely... and familiar. He sat up quickly, turning around to get a look in that general direction - But another, forced compressed Reiatsu gained his attention. It was her... But she appeared on the ground. He bit his lip, ignoring the fact Setoku was here for seemingly no reason, and scrambled to the side of the building - Gingerly jumping off. As he fell toward the ground, he scanned the people below him - He didn't see no hollow - Infact, the closest thing he saw to Stray was a human female... lacking all the hollow features. But something tugged at his mind - Especially when he closed his eyes and reached out for her Reiatsu - It was coming from that Human female. The girl looked up toward him, and gave a smile - And his heart suddenly warmed.... it was her! But... how?

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 am

Chapter Four: The Lust

The moon was a brilliant backdrop for the occasion. Setoku stood atop one of the highest sky-scrapers, one wing missing - His pants torn up, deep wounds across his bare torso - But hanging from his left hand was a Captains Haori, and dangling from his right, held high into the air by his neck, was the Captain. The fight was incredible. And from their vantage point, they missed most of it. But the Reiatsu the two had set off.... was incredibly frightening. The Lieutenant dared to peek his head up over the small wall he was hiding behind per captains orders. And when he saw that, his heart sunk. Suddenly, Setoku squeezed the Captains neck harder, and threw him from the skyscraper. There was no scream, no hesitation... no flinging. The Captain... was dead. Joshiro bit down on his lower lip, as tears started welling up in his eyes. Who was that Hollow? Why... Why had he killed the Captain?! About mid-way down, the Captains body begun to dissolve, melting slowly into the Reishi particles dead Shinigami would become. He couldn't even collect his body! The Hollow atop the Skyscraper walked to the edge, looking over, and suddenly, he leaned back, and let out a ferocious howl. Windows on the higher floors shattered, as his Reiatsu suddenly jumped into intensity. And... rain? Yes, it had to of been, but it seemed tinted purple... begun to fall from the sky. A torrential downpour. It took Joshiro a second to realize... this wasn't merely rain... This hollow... His spiritual pressure was so immense... it manifested itself into a solid, visible state. Joshiro looked over to Hinamori, her eyes wide, and her body shaking. The power of this man was causing her body to lock up, and nightmares to spur into her mind. Joshiro himself could barely breath. He felt as if he was being held under a vast ocean. He grabbed his sword, and pushed it into the sky, and twisted it. A senkimon slowly formed, and the doors pulled open. Grabbing Hinamori, and managing to drag himself into it, he escaped the real world if only just. He needed to inform the Captain Commander what had happened, he needed to get Hinamori and himself away from there.... He needed to... Avenge his captain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strays body locked up tightly in Lyonin's arms. He felt it too, the intense spiritual pressure. It was... Depressing. Lonely.... It was... Him. Lyonin looked over his shoulder, and in the distance, highlighted by the moon, was a shadowed figure. It took him a moment to piece together what he was doing here, when he noticed two smaller reiatsu's vanishing. It was Joshiro Benden and... Hinamori? So where was the... Captain...? His eyes grew wide as he turned back to face Stray, and like him, her own eyes were just as wide... But her features... they seemed drained of Color. Had Setoku done what Lyonin feared...? Had he killed Second Squad Captain...? There was... no way. He quickly looked back over his shoulder, and the shadow of Setoku... Was gone. He quickly jerked his head back to Stray, as he was suddenly pushed away from her. Appearing between their intertwined body... Was Setoku? His body was covered in wounds, but his Reiatsu.... it was so sharp, deadly. Lyonin gasped, and stumbled back. What was he doing here? He quickly grabbed the hilt of his sword, and yanked it from his saya. The Primera needed to be stopped, here and now. Lyonin had to do it. Setoku suddenly grabbed Stray, and flipped her body around placing her infront of himself, blocking Lyonin from attacking. Why was Stray so afraid, Lyonin wondered? She was at least twice his power level. Yet she wasn't moving.

"I see... so you unlocked the Human Form.... Stray-chan. Your powers are gone, and it'll take you much to long to change back.... You're coming with me."

As Setoku spoke, Lyonin's heart sunk. He was taking her? But why...? What was he planning? And Human Form...?

"Setoku! Leave her here... It's me you want!"

Lyonin slid his right foot forward, and pulled his sword up, and back, holding it high. He needed to save Stray, those questions could wait. Stray came first.

"Stop being a coward and attack!"

Setoku suddenly laughed, his grip tighter on Stray, as he stepped back slightly.

"I don't think so, Lyonin-taicho. Your girlfriend is coming with me. She will answer my questions, then she will die. You want to save her? Then come stop me."

Stray's eyes were starting to grow wide, and her lips slowly parted.... as she finally spoke. The way it came out.... Lyonin almost wanted to cry.

"Setoku... Nii-sama.... Don't do this... The lord would have both our heads..."

Setoku frowned inwardly, and followed it up with a smirk. His answer... was less than an answer.

"Nii-sama? Tch..."

A rip appeared behind the two, and Setoku smiled to Lyonin, before stepping back, and falling into it. Lyonin yelled, and reached for them - Missing Strays hand by only a centimeter.

"Nooo!"

Lyonin took a breath, and then jumped forward, into the rip as it begun to close. He would rescue Stray... save her from that man. He had too...

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Chapter Five: The Ten Ways of Death

A Rip appeared in Setoku's tower, and Setoku and Stray tumbled out. He gripped her neck tightly, landing casually on his feet, allowing the Zero Espada to hit the ground on her side. He turned, and opened his hand, fingers outstretched, and the rip suddenly shot closed. Lyonin would see Setoku and Stray, then nothing. Had Setoku locked him in the Dankai? No - Another hole suddenly ripped open, tossing Lyonin out in the courtyard of Las Noches. Unlike during Aizen's rule, the sky was still blue, but there were holes all over in the sky - And the sand was tinted red. As if painted over... with blood. Lyonin dropped to his knee's a moment, inspecting the blood sand. He leaned down further, and sniffed. His eyes growing wide. It smelled of... Iron? Then it was... Blood?! He straightened up, looking at the four towers in his view. The largest one in the center... That had to of been Primera's tower.... But Setoku wouldn't be there? Would he? Lyonin looked at the second largest tower, and his eyes welled up with tears. Was he going to lose Stray? Why was Setoku so bent on this? Lyonin suddenly let out a scream that echoed in the vast emptiness of Hueco Mundo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setoku straightened his posture, and begun walking forward. Laying on the ground, being drug across the wooden floor, was Stray. Her own eyes were welling up - Not because it hurt, but because of Lyonin. She was going to die, she knew how Setoku thought. This was her brother, after all... and her greatest rival. Always did he stand in her shadow, wanting to surpass her - She couldn't believe he actually went through with it......

"Why... Setoku-niisama?"

"Because I can."

Setoku yanked Stray, hard, tossing the girl into the wall of his tower. She looked so disgusting... her mask was gone, and, Setoku assumed, so was her hole. She had finally garnered enough Reiatsu to turn herself into a human - Though it was incomplete. Merely a disguise. But why? Why would she do such things? It would be so easy for him to crush her bones... Kill her. But he didn't. He bit down firmly on his lower lip, before turning his head, and spitting. What were the Hollow coming too? The Strongest of them.... trying to be a Human.

"The better Question, Stray-hime... Is why are you... trying to be a Human?"

"Because... I... I am tired, Setoku-niisama. Tired of being alone, not understood. You should talk to the Shinigami... Talk to anyone. Perhaps your depressi------"

She suddenly felt all the air in her chest leave, as Setoku landed atop her chest, pressing his knee firmly into her solar plex. He had heard enough. What about his Depression? It was the quickest way for a Human, or Shinigami, to die. Setoku sat up a bit more, causing his knee to dig deeper into her chest. She gasped for air, as Setoku pulled back a fist - And suddenly begun to drive his fists into her face. Over and over. Soon, blood had begun to jump from her, and splatter across his face. But something else... Tears were forming in his eyes. Stray could barely catch them - But in between each punch, she caught it. And right as blood begun to filler her vision, she spoke. Her voice weak... Fragile.

"Setoku... it's alright. You're my Brother, if I was worried about you... I'd do the same thin---"

He stopped at first, as she spoke, but as soon as she said "I'd do the same th---" he didn't let her finish. He drove his fist directly into the side of her jaw - The cracking sound that emanated wasn't a good sign either. Setoku finally stood up, pulling the Haori from his back, and tossing it atop her heaped form.

"Shutup. Don't ever speak again, Princess of the Desert. We are Hollow. We embody Death. We Kill Humans. We do not care for Shinigami, Humans, Quincy... and we especially don't care... For one another. The only reason we form families is so we aren't completely alone. Nothing more, nothing less. You sicken me. Trying to study these humans, be them. But we are not them. We will never be so weak...."

"...You're only saying that.... because... you... love me..."

Setoku suddenly stopped, his eyes going wide. She could still manage to speak, even with her jaw hinging? Sure, it came out weird, but he knew that's what she said. He turned his eyes, looking over his shoulder at her. He.... Loved her? No... He didn't. He shot forward, and grabbed the girl by her skull, picking her up high enough off the ground for her feet to dangle above the floor. Her frowned, and cocked back his arm, tossing the girl hard into the air. Her body slammed into the roof, and bounced off - She was flying back toward the ground - And suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her ribcage, as Setoku jumped up, and drove the toes of his foot into her side, kicking the girl so hard she flew into the roof - Literally breaking it apart, flying for the dome, which was only a couple feet above the top of his Tower...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyonin shook his head, clearing the tears from his eyes. Stray would kill him for being so weak! He would kill Setoku, and save Stray. It was his Duty. As a man... and as.... The man... who... Loved her? Yes... He truly did. He loved a hollow! He was smiling, raising up from the bloody sand from his knees. He would end this, once, and for all. And as he looked ahead at Primera's tower, he heard a loud crash. He looked up higher, seeing a form, bundled in... a white cape? Yes, a Haori, flying up from the roof of the Tower, and right into a hole in the sky. His eyes went wide... That was... Stray. He grabbed the hilt of his sword, glaring ahead as Setoku seemed to walk on air behind her, floating up toward the sky himself. He... He was going to kill her! He shot forward, kicking up a wad of bloody sand as he shot toward the entrance of the tower. He needed to get up... He needed to save Stray!

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Book 2 of 3: The Green Book (The Shadow - The Lust - The Destruction)

Post by Setoku Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 pm

From lyonin To Setoku, Today at 1:31 pm

Chapter 6 - Interlude too Destruction

The door to the tower was directly in front of him. The rage in his eyes shone bright as Lyonin darted toward his destination. He could feel lesser Reiatsu surrounding the area but ignored all but the Primera's. As he reached the door, Lyonin shoved his foot into its center, sending it flying through the adjacent area and crashing into the wall.

"Setoku!"

Lyonin shouted up the tower but was interrupted by a small group of Arrancar that had been interested by his spiritual pressure. As they came through the opening of the tower, Lyonin turned with crimson red eyes.

"A Shinigami... In Las Noches." The stronger of the three said smiling. "An Aizen copy cat, I be-"

Before the arrogant creature could finish his sentence, Lyonin was behind him with his sword to the weakest one's throat. The other two that had accompanied him began to dissolve, their reiatsu vanishing.

"Go now, and you will not suffer the same fate as your peers."

Lyonin was giving the Arrancar a chance to escape. The hollow fell backward, his lip trembling. He began to stutter a bit, questioning Lyonin's decision.

"My trouble is not with you, so leave."

As the Arrancar turned and began to run, Lyonin began up the tower. Instead of climbing the stairs, he jumped from wall to wall, kicking up multiple flights at a time. Lyonin kept his eyes toward the sky, watching for any sign of Setoku or Stray.

"I have to save her." Lyonin said to himself with tears forming in his eyes. He could feel his heart begin to beat faster and harder with every passing second. As he neared the top of the tower, a roar formed in his chest. "DAMN YOU SETOKU!!" Lyonin screamed as he burst through the ceiling.

In the night sky, Lyonin could see that there was nobody around him. Tears began to fall from his face, raining down on the tower below. He was too late. Setoku was not there, and he could not sense where he had gone. There was nothing else Lyonin could do, no leads to follow, and little hope that the Primera would be so quaint to reunite him with Stray. As the thought of losing her boiled his blood, Lyonin focused his spiritual pressure, raising it to an inadmissible level. Everyone in Las Noches, no, in Hueco Mundo, would know that he was here.

"SETOKU, COME FIGHT ME! YOU COWARD!!!"

(Editor's Note: Naturally, as the top of the chapter implies, this chapter was written, edited, and done by Lyonin. Thanks for the work, Lyonin, only you can write such beautiful poetry to make my boring writing seem worth it :D)

Last edited by Setoku on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Book 2 of 3: The Green Book (The Shadow - The Lust - The Destruction)

Post by Setoku Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Chapter Seven: Symphony Of Destruction

As Lyonin came to the outside of the massive dome that was Las Noches - He sighed to himself. All hope was lost. He was... Alone. Stray... was dead. Setoku... was gone. The inky darkness of the sky above mirrored his feelings... He was... filled with... Loneliness. He dropped to his knees - Feeling the hot liquid form in his eyes, and slowly, he fell forward, dropping face first into the concrete structure. He begun to weep. For Stray. For his own slowness. And, for as Stray would say... Weakness. He had failed the only person he could actually claim to love. Sure, she was hollow.. and he, Shinigami... but she was his hollow.

"Tch... sad ending, isn't it, Lyonin-chan?"

Suddenly, an ocean of depression washed over Lyonin as Setoku exposed his reiatsu - Lyonin couldn't breath, his only thought was placing air in his lungs. What the hell was this?! He pushed himself up, fighting the strain of water he felt on his shoulders, forcing his way to his feet. As he stood, his knee's begun to give out, but he fought against it - Stray would of wanted this! Wanted him to kill Setoku! He would cut his heart out, remove his eyes, and shoved them down his throat while he was still alive! He suddenly pushed back the water that he felt he was in, releasing it was only reiatsu - And as he craned his head up to look, feeling globs of thick, inky dark purple rain smack across his features, he saw something far more disturbing. A Tower rose out of the dome, the main tower of Las Noches, the tower of Aizen. Next to this massive structure were two similar towers, each already half-destroyed though. It wasn't this that drew his attention, made his heart flutter for a moment, then stop completely - No, it was the sight of who stood on the highest tower, their features blacked out by the light of the massive, reverse crescent moon. One massive shadow, with long wings extended behind him, holding a shadowed figure, covered in only a haori and held off the edge of the tower by her skull.

"Setoku..... Stray... NO! SETOKU YOU COWARD!!!"

Lyonin screamed, ripping his sword from it's sheath, and charging forward. As he ran forward to the released Setoku, he witnessed an event that nearly shattered his Psyche. A bright beam, purple, extended from Setoku's left hand, and stabbed forward, directly into the center of Stray's throat. Stray's eyes opened a moment, and she let out a scream - Although due to her throat being pierced, no sound came out. Just her mouth was wide open, and Lyonin could tell... no... Feel her screaming in his bones. His run begun to slow, more and more, and he came to a dead stop, as Setoku let go of Stray, and the only thing holding her up, keeping her from falling, was the purple beam of Setoku's reishi sword.

"Stray.... STRAY! NOOOOO!"

Lyonin reached for her, his vision becoming blurred, as tears begun to sting his eyes. He reached farther out, trying so desperately to grab her... even though he was at least one hundred and fifty feet below her. He still tried, his other hand grabbing at his chest, over his heart.

"Setoku... no... no... why... Stray... I never told... Stray... I... love you..."

Right as those words left his lip, Setoku's body motioned.

"Get the hell off my sword.... Trash."

Setoku pulled the blade, and Stray, back, and shoved his foot into the center of her stomach, kicking her off energy beam with all his might. Stray's eyes, which use to hold so much color, were no dead... lifeless, turning purple and gray. Lyonin was forced to watch as the life was drained from her body. Why..? Why would Setoku do this?! And to his own sister?! Lyonin forced himself up, stumbling forward in a half run as Stray's lifeless corpse fell from above. He held his arms out, and felt the weight as her body, plus the kinetic energy of her weight falling from such a height, impacted into them, causing him to stumble face first, wrapping his arms around Stray, to protect her from further damage, he rolled forward, the ground causing massive scratches to appear across his body as he rolled. He impacted directly into the base of the tower, sucking in air as he impacted, Stray held lovingly to his chest.

"Stray... STRAY! YOU HAVEN'T DISSIPATED YET! THERE IS STILL HOPE! STRAY! TALK TO ME!!!"

Lyonin grabbed under her chin, softly turning her head enough to lean forward, and press his lips to her own. Tears from his eyes rolling down, combing with old tears on Stray's face. He couldn't even tell her... Couldn't even tell her... He loved her! There was a loud echoing sound, as Setoku appeared in front of the two. He pulled back his sword, and shoved it forward. Life wasn't worth living without Stray, so Lyonin held her tightly, awaiting the blade to pierce her chest, and then into his. If he couldn't be with her... Then he would die, in her arms, as she was in his. The sound of pierced flesh echoed in Lyonin's ears, the feel of warm liquid splashing across his face caused him to open his eyes - But what he saw... Wasn't a destroyed Stray, or an injured Stray... but... A woman, with soft, child-like features, smiling at him warmly. The girl coughed... and blood shot from her mouth. Lyonin looked down, and saw Setoku's Reishi Sword impaling from her stomach. She... An Espada... Stopped Lyonin from dying...?

"You... can... save her... Taicho-san....please..."

Behind her... Setoku's eyes were wide. Was this...?

"...Fuji...wara....Michiyo....-chan...?"

His voice was slow... Broken. Tears were welling up in his eyes. Lyonin felt justified... Just as Setoku took Stray away from him, apparently, he had just taken someone he himself cared for... From himself. But wait... no... that wasn't fair? Fujiwara Michiyo? Wasn't that the Segunda Espada...? Why...? Why had she done such?

"...Why... Why... Fujiwara...?"

"Because.... I... detest you.... You keep me controlled... tied to you...... You try and force me to love you... But... Setoku-sama... I... I... Would never lo---"

Setoku twisted the blade, and the girl screamed out, he then yanked it too the left, slicing the girl in half. His eyes were stained in tears, and his wings flapped once. His heart was sinking, and fast. This was Lyonin's chance! But... but Stray. No, she was still here. There had to be some kind of life in her, somewhere.

"Stray... I Love you. Always... Forever."

Lyonin wrapped Stray tightly in his arms, jumping back and away from Setoku. He gently laid Stray out on the roof, sighing to himself. He leaned down, kissing her softly one more time. He may not survive this, but if so, he would make sure Stray would survive. He looked back up, and over to Setoku, he was knelled down before Michiyo, her body almost completely in half. One hand tucked behind her head, holding it up, the other gripping his sword tightly. She was still breather?

"Michiyo-chan.... you may hate me... But I love you. I cannot let you.... Suffer."

Setoku pulled his sword back, and aimed for her neck, in mid-swing though, his arm suddenly stopped. He turned his head, tears in his eyes, obscuring his vision. And he suddenly felt his knee's pulled off the ground, and he was sent flying back - Hitting the ground and tucking his legs in as he rolled directly into one of the broken towers. The walls exploding once his body impacted it. Lyonin spoke, tears still in his eyes.

"Shinamori Setoku. You will die."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 am

Chapter Eight: A Moth, into a Butterfly

"Protect the delicate - Seijin no Kurosu"

There was a bright flash of light, As Lyonin walked toward the hole in the tower. The sword still in his hand, yet unchanged. Nothing about it in fact, seemed to show the fact he released. resting around Lyonin's neck was a rosary, but after he called for his sword, it suddenly changed form. It looked... different. A blue stone rested in the center of an almost black cross which seem to be radiating a bright light. Setoku sat up from the debris, glaring at him. He knew if he were to touch it, no doubt he would be burned on contact. He frowned slightly, before raising off the ground. He needed to put a stop to Lyonin, and Stray. Even though Michiyo was nearly gone... And his heart screamed at that fact, he would still live on. The purple energy blade of his sword faded, and he shot forward - Sonidoing behind Lyonin and shoving a fist into his back - Expecting his back to be open. It wasn't. A flame suddenly sparked on his fist, and Setoku slid back, eyes wide. It covered him completely? Setoku continued moving back, re-activating his Reishi sword and removing his left arm at the elbow. To this, Lyonin could only smile.

"How does it feel.... Setoku? To lose something as close as your arm? It can never compare to what you did to me... But..."

Lyonin darted forward, bringing up sword for a downward slash on Setoku's left side, hoping to bi-sect him to his right. This was far to easy. As he thought this, the sword suddenly stopped - As if it hit steel, sparks begun to fly up from it to cover the two in a fire shower.

"Instant Regeneration. Do you think I would foolishly remove my arm other wise?"

Setoku pushed against the sword, throwing it back, and jumping back. This fight would be very complex, due mainly to the fact that Lyonin seemed protected by fire of some sorts. Setoku suddenly rose his right hand, pointing directly at Lyonin. His left, which was thinner, and clearly still regenerating reached down, and the nail dug into his skin. Once the blood flow started, Setoku spun around, and spoke quietly.

"Gran Rei... Cero."

Setoku spun once more, to face Lyonin again, a massive beam of violet light flashing for a moment, followed by an odd sound that was akin to a 747 overhead. Lyonin gripped his sword tightly, as the massive beam closed in on him. So he was going for long range, huh?

"It won't work, Setoku."

The beam was easily guided to the left, as Lyonin swung his sword at it, causing it to curve off to the side. Off in the distance, a massive explosion of purple and black exploded, sending waves of sand on a crash course for Las Noches itself. Lyonin turned his gaze back to Setoku, and was shocked to see him flying forward, stabbing the Reiatsu blade into t he center of his chest.

"Far to weak, Lyonin.."

"For you."

There was a massive blast, as the sword and the cross on the necklace impacted, causing a blast of fire to shoot out, and engulf the two. Lyonin would be fine, and so would Setoku, due to it radiating outward, and enclosing them in it. He needed to keep Setoku in a limited area, away from Stray or the other Arrancar, before he tried to use one of them as a hostage.

"Setoku... Do you even think before you att---"

Lyonin's eyes went wide, as he was sent flying back. While the sword and necklace had met, Setoku sent a bala from his left hand, the bala, which was a weakened Cero, impacted directly under the sword and necklece, and into Lyonin's stomach. Lyonin reached for Setoku, missing his hair by merely centimeters as he was sent flying into a wall - The same wall as Setoku. He flew through the hole made by Setoku, and impacted on the other side, causing that wall to collapse in sending dust and debris everywhere. Lyonin covered his head with his arms, as that Tower begun it's slow descent to the roof. It was crumbling due to the massive holes put in there by the two. As the dust thickened, Lyonin heard Setoku, speaking to him as if he were a child.

"Is it that easy to move around your defense? I don't understand how someone so weak could become a Captain. Even the Second-Taicho-san put up more of a fight. So what do you think you're trying to acc---"

Back and forth, just as Setoku cut Lyonin off, he did the same. Mid-way through his little speech, Lyonin flash stepped behind him, and removed his right wing. He stood, back facing Setoku, the wing at his feet, and spoke softly.

"Shinamori Setoku, I hate repeating myself... But... I -WILL- kill you."

Last edited by Setoku on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Chapter Nine: Stray's Wish

She laid, watching the explosions and hearing the words of the two. She didn't want this... She never wanted this. Setoku, her brother, the man who deeply cared for her well being as any brother would - And Lyonin, the man who loved her, the man who also cared for her well being, but not as a brother would... But as a lover should. So why...? Why was it these two were so intent to kill each other? Stray felt her eyes warming up, as hot liquid begun to form.... Why? Why did Setoku kill her? Why was Lyonin rescuing her? Why... had she let it go this far? She slowly opened her eyes, but it wasn't the two men she saw fighting.... No, it was an eternal blackness. A Hollow stood before her, an Adjuchas... He had beautiful bone wings, and a horned mask. His glowing, dark purple eyes seem to call for her. He extended his bony arms, claws extended, offering her assistance? Who was this boy? Who dare approach the Vasto Lorde of Madness? She had no friends... no one cared for her.. So why... Why was this Adjuchas trying to so hard?

"Shinamori Stray.... Please, follow me."

"Shinamori Setoku.... brother... what is it you want?"

Ah, that's right. She took his human last name, became his sister. He was the first hollow who truly cared for her. He wasn't trying to be her lover either, as if loving her would gain him some sort of power.... He was trying to be family. To protect her. The image flickered for a moment, and faded to gray. It was replaced, this time by a Shinigami, reaching out for her. She cocked her head to the side, and smiled. It was around the time her and Lyonin had started talking.

"Shinamori Stray-chan? A Pleasure to meet you. Please... come with me."

"As you wish.... Lyonin. May I take your last name... One day as well?"

The Shinigami smiled, and softly took her hand, before answering.

"Of course, Stray. Of course."

The image faded again. Going back to gray. These two men, each cared for her. One was in love with her, wanted to be her everything. The other was in competition with her, wanted to protect her. Wanted to surpass her. But they both... Loved her. She had a family, and she had a future. It was all she ever wanted. A Brother, Sisters, and now.... someone she would no doubt call Husband one day. The gray around her suddenly shuttered, and cracked apart. The image she saw next, took her breath away. She was being held by Setoku's sword, high above. Ready to fall. This was the end.

"Setoku... how could you?"

She whispered to herself, as a black energy begun to envelope her seemingly unconscious form. This was why.... This was why once they became Arrancar... She dropped his name. Forged her own, had Wolfcub and a few others join her family... And Rejected Setoku. While he was always her brother, he was evil. He wanted to kill her. Now....

"Setoku.... SETOKU!"

The scream caused both men to stop mid-attack, and turn to face Stray. Their swords interlocked, Setoku's wing starting to regenerate. She would kill Setoku, before he killed her future. She swore it. The energy grew denser, and the men stepped back from each other - A loud howl suddenly pierced the the energy, as it exploded outward, causing both Lyonin and Setoku to tumble across the roof top from the sheer power of it. There was a loud echo, as a wolf-like figure appeared behind Lyonin, catching him in mid-tumble. And when the girl spoke, it sounded like several voices, shoved together to form one.

"Lyonin.... I love you too. Now watch me."

Setoku rolled along a few more steps, before tucking his legs in and flipping out of the final roll. His clawed feet slammed into the roof, forcing his body to stop moving. Pulling up his sword, he rose his head to find Lyonin, and felt his sword push back at him. His eyes went wide, as the Reishi sword impacted dead center of his face, sending him flying back. Stray had sonido'd from her spot behind Lyonin, and appeared directly infront of Setoku - And used her bare hand to push his reishi sword back into his face. Her hand was dripping with blood, as she followed that up with a howl. Setoku fly quickly through the air, on a crash course for the lip of the roof - If he didn't pull out of this, he would fall to the sand itself... And while it would most likely not kill him, the damage would take time to recover fully from. As he begun planning out an escape route, he heard an echoing sound, and then felt a foot impact directly into his stomach. He coughed, as a stream of crimson blood shot from between his lips. He was sent tumbling through the air, in the opposite direction, heading directly for the second tower that was still standing.

"Damnit...."

His voice came out roughly, and after a moment, a massive explosion filled the air, as his body impacted the thick concrete of the tower. Stray slowly floated back toward the ground, glaring straight ahead.... It wasn't over just yet.

Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Interlude: Loneliness

"You.... Bitch..."

The voice easily carried through the dust and debris, as Setoku slammed a clawed foot into the ground. Blood running from his mouth and nose. He was still conscious? Stray frowned, before running toward him, causing the ground beneath her feet to crumble and shatter. She had a future, she wouldn't allow this!

"Segunda... Etapa."

Stray suddenly slid to a stop, her eyes wide. What the hell was this? He... He had a second release? He had grown that strong?! A Purple and black sphere surrounded Setoku, before it pulsed outward, and shot up toward the sky. Suddenly, there was a torrential downpour, it fell like rain, felt like rain, and even collected in puddles like rain. But Stray knew better - This was.... his reiatsu. And the feeling of depression and hopelessness, it would be felt all around Hueco Mundo. It may even cause the weaker of the hollow to take their own lives. Stray took a step back, unsure of what to make of this.

"Lyonin.... Lyonin, please.. run..."

She turned to look over her shoulder, but she couldn't see him. Infact, she couldn't see two feet ahead of her in this dense fog of reiatsu. And just as quick as it appeared, it suddenly begun to suck inward, back toward Setoku in a mad rush. Stray stepped back again - This was unreal. He was only the primera! There was no way...

"Cero.... Oscuras."

Setoku's voice seem to come from everywhere, as a massive black beam shot forth from where he stood. Stray quickly tried to step to the left, but felt the impact of the massive blast on her left side. She was sent spiraling out of control, flying back - But as she flew back, she felt the impact of Lyonin's chest, as he caught her mid-flight. This was unreal. How had he achieved so much? As the energy cleared, a figure stepped forth from the black energy. Massive, white wings of bone, and gray skin stepped forth. He only wore short pants on his torso, but his feet, and hands, had extended claws. In his right hand, was a massive, serrated, and black No-dachi. Setoku cocked his head to the side, before speaking.

"This is the first time either of you have seen this, yes? Not even the lord has seen this form. Allow me to teach you.... Both, the true meaning... Of despair."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Book 3 of 3 (Destruction's End)

Post by Setoku Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Chapter Ten: Tattered Dreams

From lyonin To Setoku, Yesterday at 4:31 pm

Setoku had achieved it, he had obtained the highest form that a hollow would hope for, Segunda Etapa. Few had seen a Segunda and lived to speak stories of it. Setoku, usually having a look of pain in his face, now held a look of... Assurance? Yes, assurance that he would kill both of the people that stood before him.

"You surprise me Shinigami." Setoku spat. "Most, even of your rank, would have given up at the simple thought of facing the Primera, much less a Primera that is of my stature."

As Setoku finished his insult, his eyes grew wide. Lyonin was... Smilling? No, he wasn't smiling, he was laughing.

"You think your going to win don't you?" Lyonin began as he slowly laughed harder. "You actually think that you stand a chance now." Was he bluffing? Trying to scare Setoku into a submissive fear? It didn't matter. Setoku pulled his foot behind him, pushing a crater into the sand as he sent himself flying toward Lyonin and Stray. His claw was outstretched to rip through The now hysterical Shinigami. A slight smile formed on Setoku's face as he saw the white of Lyonin's eyes.

And just like that, air escaped through Setoku's claws. Lyonin had left only his smiling afterimage to greet the enraged Primera. Setoku caught the ground with the claw that was not meant for blood and slowed himself to a stop. He quickly jolted his head around, searching for Lyonin. He saw nothing, and all was silent... For only a few seconds. Laughter rang out as the Shinigami revealed himself, walking toward Setoku. Lyonin's Haori was painted crimson from Stray's blood, but Stray was no longer in his arms.

"That was some speed, I must give you that." Lyonin smiled a slight grin as he stopped his laughter. "But you are becoming quite predictable." Lyonin reached to the rosary around his neck. "Now let me show you why..." His eyes were closed as he rubbed his fingers over the cross. "Why I am a Captain, and why I didn't run."

Lyonin dropped to his knee. "Bless those who fight for you, who struggle beneath the wickedness in which defies you. Give strength to those that need it the most to overcome the darkness, the hate, the fear." Setoku had many opportunities to strike the Shinigami as he... Prayed? But did not. Lyonin had interested him, made him wonder, and that was something that Setoku could rarely enjoy. However, as Lyonin came to the end of his chant, Setoku could feel him beginning to radiate a strong feeling of purity.

"Bankai"

Just as soon as the word was spoken, a bright, almost blinding light pierced through the dark of Las Noches. As the light dimmed, Setoku could make out a figure standing across from him. White hair with the brightest blue eyes, fair skin shielded by a milk white Haori. Two bright wings had sprout from Lyonin's back accompanied by a shining ringlet of light. Lyonin held in his right hand, the hilt of a sword. In his left, was the sword he had previously been fighting with, which was odd due to him being right handed.

"Now, you see... You have been fighting for despair."

As Lyonin spoke, Setoku made his move. As Setoku lunged, Lyonin matched his movement. As they came closer to each other, Lyonin threw his own left wing in front of the oncoming Primera, pushing his talon away. Lyonin then swept the hilt in his right hand toward Setoku. To Setoku's surprise, he felt an extreme pain as a tear formed through the claw that he had aimed at Lyonin.

As they both pushed away, Setoku looked to his wound. The right claw had almost been completely removed, instead, it dangled in the air like a broken dream. He looked back toward Lyonin quickly. How could a simple hilt do this much damage!? And just as the thought passed his mind, he caught a slight glimpse of what appeared to be... Fire.

"I will show you what it means... To fight for love."

(Written, Edited and Thought up entirely by the greatest writer here: Lyonin :D)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Book 3 of 3 (Destruction's End)

Post by Setoku Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 am

Chapter 11: Thus, the Wolf Cried Havoc

Setoku stood in place, as if suspended in time. His hand floated before him - Almost, to him, in slow motion. Was this the end? Was this as far as his Segunda would take him? No. Lyonin thought he had the upper-hand, and, Setoku played his part well. The false bravado, the false fear, the foolish "mistakes". All of it had indeed played to his advantage. Lyonin had far surpassed his every analyzation, this was true... But there was one more thing that he was achieving. One very important thing. Stray's inner destruction. Setoku stepped back another step, his eyes pulled open wide in fear, but something would whisper to Lyonin, something... He couldn't explain.

"He understands..."

Who... who was that? Lyonin could look over his shoulder, and all he would see was the tattered remains of Michiyo. Her slower regeneration was just starting, heaving her body back together. But she spoke with such assurance, it was almost frightening. How would she know?

"Taicho-san... your Bankai... it reminds me... of his... Segunda..."

Lyonin motioned to speak, but before the words could leave his mouth, Setoku appeared behind him, his sword back in it's tattered looking saya, and his clawed hands wrapped around each energy wing. Wait... he was touching... Reishi? Setoku's clawed foot slowly came up, and the next words Setoku spoke, would send a chill down Lyonin's spine. There was already so many questions in his mind thus far: How? How was Setoku so casual about facing such a terrifying Bankai? How was Setoku gripping pure reishi with his bare hands? Why.... did their Reiatsu... feel so similar?

"Lyonin-kun. Many moons ago... We met. We fought... and you won. Do you remember? I was but a mere Devouring Beast. Nothing more than a tadpole, a ripple in the water of power."

What was he getting at? Lyonin tried to pull forward, out of Setoku's grip, but instead he was yanked back, and he felt something push through his spine. Bypassing all of his natural built in defenses. Two screams echoed across the roof of Las Noches, one was Lyonin, as the clawed foot pushed through his chest, forming a perfect hole... Right where Setoku's own was - The other.... Was Stray. She had managed to heal most of her wounds through her slow regeneration, and though Lyonin had done all he could to protect her, she needed to be here. The sight before her.... Shattered her heart. Holding Lyonin, now, feet inches off the ground, by his elegant Reishi wings, was another figure - Bone wings pulled inward, forming an almost cage around Lyonin, and Setoku, smiling slowly, as his eyes reflected that of pure malice.

"Our swords... They negate each other. You removed my built-in defenses because your own sword reflects my reiatsu... You removed my hand so easily because...."

The wings slowly spread open, and Setoku tossed Lyonin toward Stray - His body was limp. His eyes were glassed over, the once, exuberant blue eyes of his seemingly faded to a purple color. His bankai, even begun to fade. But something odd happened then... So did Setokus'. His own bone wings melted to ash, and slowly begun to dissipate in the wind. The gray, thick shell that seemed as his skin, but was more or less armour, soon followed, doing the same. What stood before Stray, and Michiyo, was Setoku. As he was in Arrancar form. His orange eyes, slowly begun to dim, before fading back to their purple color. Setoku's eyes went wide, as he brought up his hands and stared at them.

"Our swords.... are linked. When you left your atsuchi inside my body... I evolved with it. Our Spiritual Pressure became one.... But I didn't think.... it ran this deep. When your Bankai fades... My Ressurcion..."

Before he could finish, he leaned to the side, as his left arm was lobbed off. His eyes went even wider as blood shot from the stump that used to be his bicep - Michiyo slowly floating by, sword drawn. She glared to the side, at Setoku - Now was he chance! She could finally end his control over her! Even though she still hadn't regenerated enough to summon forth her hollow form with her ressurcion, she was still more than enough to take Setoku as he was now!

"Die, Setoku-sama!!"

The girl hit the ground, spun on her heel, and shot forward, sending the tip of her blade for the dead center of Setoku's chest, right below his hollow hole. She would split him in half! She had finally done it! All those years of torme---

"Wha---?"

Her eyes suddenly went wide, as a stream of crimson left her lips, and a flash appeared around her neck. Setoku had quickly drawn his sword, and impaled Michiyo's throat, before she had even come close - Using Battojutsu.

"Michiyo-chan... Some of us... don't tell everyone about our Human Roots. Ask Stray-hime herself... I... was among the Shinsengumi in life... Trained in the art of murder. I killed many Isshin Patriots in my mortal life... using my Battojutsu. Sleep tight... my sweet.."

Setoku turned his sword to the side, and ripped it out of the girls neck, sending her head tumbling over the edge of the Palace. Her body stood in place a moment, before it twitched, and fell to the ground. It was over. Lyonin was dead.... And now... Stray would be too. Setoku turned around to face her - Only to realize to his horror... She was gone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stray pulled Lyonin tightly to her chest, leaning her head up... And bit down fiercely into his shoulder blade. She had seen Setoku do something like this to heal Michiyo once... Infuse her with his own Reishi. She would do the same! She had never done it before... But she wasn't going to lose her lover, not here... And not now! And definitely... not to Setoku! Her back was pressed to the bit of tower still standing, her reiatsu condensed down to almost nothing. She could hear Setoku, as he roared out a curse. He couldn't find her.... That would give her just enough time.... She slowly opened her mouth, and as the blood of Lyonin's dripped down her fangs and chin, she felt tears well up in her eyes. She had lost her brother this day... And she felt as if she was losing her lover, as well. She just... Didn't know what to do anymore. She had regained her Hollow Form so fast... But... something was holding her back from using her full power. She wasn't sure what... But she just couldn't bring herself to her full, natural born power. She was the Zero Espada, considered the strongest of the strong. So why...? Why was Setoku proving such an obstacle? She heard a massive explosion above her. Her eyes went wide.

"No..."

She looked up, seeing the wall that she hid behind, crumble. A red beam piercing the black sky of Hueco Mundo. Setoku.... Had found her. She gripped tighter to Lyonin... and suddenly.. she felt his body... Twitch.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 am

Chapter 12: And thus, the sword came 'swaning' down

From lyonin To Setoku, Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:06 pm

The black of Hueco mundo fell darker then it ever had. A piercing silence had lay across the land. Setoku paced slowly toward the bent over Stray and the now, to Setoku's surprise, slightly moving Lyonin. At the sight of movement, Setoku lunged forward, throwing Stray to the side and wrapping his hand around Lyonin's throat, lifting him into the air.

"Why.. Won't.. You.. DIE!?"

Setoku was infuriated. This Shinigami had lived through such an attack.

"Give up! Just give up and die you worthless worm!"

Setoku squeezed into Lyonin's neck, watching the life come back into his eyes. How could this be? If anything, the Shinigami should be slowly dying, but instead, it was as though he was regenerating. Setoku's nails dug deeper into Lyonin's throat until he felt something press into his own neck. Lyonin had lifted his hand, pointing his finger directly at the center of Setoku's neck. A slight wheeze sounded from Lyonin's mouth, shaping out a single word.

"Sho."

As the word escaped, Setoku was launched backward. Such a low leveled cast should have only knocked him back a few feet, but for some reason, it seemed... Stronger. Lyonin dropped to the ground, wrapping his hand around his neck and rubbing to ease the pain. Setoku climbed to his feat, choking from the force that had almost dented his throat.

"How dare you."

Setoku coughed. He began walking toward Lyonin in a slouch, reaching his palm toward him, forming a bala. Lyonin climbed to his feat and began walking toward Setoku as well. The bala launched, hitting Lyonin in the left shoulder and pushing him back a bit, but Lyonin fell back forward, walking in the same slouch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stray crawled to a glint in the sand. It was Lyonin's rosary, his Zanpakuto. She grasped it, pulling it out of the sand and letting the grains run through her fingers as her eyes began to rain a dim mist onto the cross.

"Lyonin... I... I love you... P-please... Don't die."

As she spoke the words, the rosary began to shine a bit. Her eyes grew wide as the light grew brighter and brighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyonin began to pick up his pace, now only slightly limping. Setoku's regeneration had began to actually take effect, but he was still limping himself. Bala after bala flew toward Lyonin, hitting him, but only slightly phasing him. As the two came into arm's reach, Setoku drew his sword, swinging it toward Lyonin. As the blade neared, Lyonin caught Setoku's wrist. Grabbing the blade of the sword, Lyonin threw it to the side. As it slid across the sand, Setoku swung his fist, meeting Lyonin's jaw and forcing him to stumble back a bit. Lyonin came back with his own fist, landing it into the right side of Setoku's chest.

"You will die under my hand, and then I will devour Zero."

As Setoku spoke, he swung his fist. Lyonin caught it mid swing and threw his punch, which, in turn, Setoku caught mid swing.

"You are still fighting for power?"

Lyonin questioned Setoku as they struggled back and fourth in each others hands. Refusing to let go of one another, they began pulling away and returning with a foot flying at each others torsos and sides.

Stray Pulled the necklace in close, feeling its warmth against her chest. Her tears still slid from her face. As the cross rest on her chest, it lit up with the rhythm of a heartbeat.

"Lyonin... This is... This is my fault."

She bent over, clenching her eyes shut and letting out a slight whimper.

"You shouldn't die for me... You shouldn't die for what is my mistakes....

LYONIN!"

Setoku opened his mouth, forming a.... Cero? Yes a cero. His regeneration was now taking full effect, and he was almost strong enough to crush the Shinigami. As the cero fired, Lyonin had no option but to free Setoku's hand and dodge by leaning back, but as the cero flew overhead, Lyonin clenched his fist and laid it into Setoku's wide open mouth, sending him a few yards back.

As Setoku stood back up, he could feel his body returning his strength. Now he could easily squish this bug. But before he could turn to face his cancer, a voice sounded across the fields. A familiar voice, his... Sister's voice, but it wasn't calling his name... It was calling Lyonin's. As Setoku turned, he saw Lyonin standing with stature, almost as though he had not been damaged at all.

"How could you..."

But before Setoku could finish his sentence, Lyonin plowed into him, dragging him a short distance before crashing into a large piece of tower rubble. As Setoku gasped for air, he rolled around to look at the Shinigami. Lyonin was walking away from him toward... His sword. As Lyonin reached down and grabbed the sword, he turned to Setoku.

"Here is your blade, this fight will be unfair without it."

Lyonin tossed Setoku his blade as he walked closer.

"Arm yourself."

With these words, Setoku reached out and grabbed his sword. He stumbled a bit while he stood, but once he rose, he dashed toward Lyonin. Swinging his sword, Setoku had hate in his eyes. How could Lyonin be back to this amount of strength after the hole that Setoku put through his back? As the sword neared Lyonin's neck, Lyonin extended his arm, pushing his fist into Setoku's knuckle that gripped the hilt. As the fists collided, a crack sounded through the quiet plains of Hueco Mundo. The blade left Setoku's hand, flipping through the air and being caught by Lyonin, which simply held it out for Setoku to take again.

"The reason you so easily broke through my defenses earlier... Well, you were right... You were fighting with the power of two. Part of my spirit, and all of your own."

Setoku's eyes widened as Lyonin continued.

"But when you impaled me earlier... You took away a portion of the power you are used to having, which is why you are no longer the demon you appeared to be."

Lyonin tossed the sword toward Setoku who grabbed it out of the air.

"Now... We would be fighting on more of an even ground... Except... I now have a portion of Stray's, Zero's power."

Setoku grit his teeth at the comment that Lyonin claimed to be truth. He had longed for the power of Zero, but this, this, Shinigami, he had just been given it, like it was some sort of toy to be passed around. This infuriated Setoku. He lunged forward, but Lyonin met him half way, hitting the middle of his arm and guiding Setoku's hand to the middle of his chest, making Setoku impale himself with his own sword. As the blood splattered from the exit wound in Setoku's back, he fell to his knees, hand still wrapped around the hilt of his sword. He was defeated. All the Shinigami had to do was finish the job, but instead, Lyonin bent down beside him, put his hand on Setoku's shoulder, and spoke to him in a calm voice.

"I am not going to kill you Setoku. Instead, I am going to let you live knowing that the only reason you grew so strong, was because you had the power of the one that, in the end, you despised so much."

Lyonin lifted off of his shoulder and began walking back toward where Stray had previously been. After only a few steps, he turned back around and spoke, but this time, it was in a much more aggressive tone.

"But if you ever come after Stray, or myself again... I will leave you without anything, not even the memories that you hold dear to you."

And with that, Lyonin paced back toward Stray, ready to hold her, to take her back to where they would be safe, to take her back where... They could be together again.

"No..."

There was a loud echo noise, as Lyonin pulled Stray to her feet, only to notice.... she was gone. Five feet away, holding Stray to his chest, fingers pointing directly to the side of her throat, stood a defeated, and battered Setoku. Who was slowly coming back to form.

"You think... I achieved this power merely due to your influence...? Due to your paltry bit of Reiatsu...? Allow me to clarify, then."

Setoku suddenly shoved Stray forward, toward Lyonin, raising both arms toward the sky.

"Devour all joy... Segunda... Etapa.."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Chapter 13: A Lie, into the sweetest truth

"What...? Segunda..?"

Lyonin threw his arms out, catching Stray in mid-flight. How was this so? He didn't have his sword on him, he had lost the portion of Lyonin's power... Yet he was trying to call forth his Segunda? Had he gone mad? Lyonin gripped Stray tighter to his chest, stepping back. He had felt the sudden change in the air, how the air felt thicker... as if he were dropping lower and lower toward the worlds center. The feeling of loneliness, depression, fear... madness... all of it dawned on him at once - A Shinigami of lesser stature would of no doubt given up by now, and sliced his own wrist. As Lyonin thought this, a black beam penetrated the sky above, as if from the real world, and collided with Setoku, causing the man to slowly rise off the ground.

"What.... Setoku... What is this...?"

The beam drew darker, completely concealing Setoku's form from Lyonin, before it begun to crack all over, white beams of light shooting forth. Was he... Evolving? Did Hollow have a stage beyond Vasto Lorde? No... no, that was impossible, the Shinigami would of known about it by now. Suddenly, the massive black beam exploded, lighting up all of Hueco Mundo in a bright, white light. Blinding all by it's presence - And the silence... it was... maddening. After a few moments of eternal white, and silence, Setoku's voice finally spoke. It was twisted... broken. Evil.

"This is... my Segunda Etapa."

There was an echo, as Lyonin felt a force against his neck, squeezing and lifting. Lyonin could feel his feet come off the ground, feel his breath struggling to leave his lungs. This was the end. Lyonin felt his body be yanked back, felt the wind pushing against his back, trying to stop him, as he was sent flying. He felt the ground skidding across his back, his shoulder, tearing his skin apart, and then... he felt nothing. Rather, he heard the wind rushing up to him - He was... Falling? Over the edge of the palace. The white begun to clear, and as the ground drew closer, Lyonin finally saw it, Setoku's final form. The massive bone wings, and thick, seemingly impossible to pierce armour, and not the twisted, broken No-dachi of before, but a bright, brilliant beam of purple light. His Reishi Sword. All Lyonin could do, was smile, and speak three words as the ground drew ever closer...

"I... love.... you..."

There was a loud crash, as Lyonin's body impacted the sand beneath, bouncing back up as he hit the thin rock line that separated the rest of Heuco Mundo from the Menos Forest.

"Stray..."

He fell back to the ground, and crashed through the bedrock, and again, he fell. His body bouncing and banging off the Quartz Trees that lined the forest below the desert, and hearing... Setoku's voice - As Sand from above rained down on him, preparing to cover him when he finally hit the ground.

"It's not just your sword that gave me power... It merely linked us. Allowed me to relay on it as a sort... of Reserve. It was a shield.... to hide my true power. You're strong Lyonin.... Taicho. Far Stronger than even I.... I just got... lucky."

Suddenly, Lyonin felt as if his spine and rib-cage shattered, saw white for another second... and then felt as if the world was merely floating away. His eyes, glassed over, slowly pulled open, as he looked to the hole in the sky high above the forest he was now in. A glint... and then he felt his own Atsuchi, from oh so long ago, impale into his stomach. This was the end...? He coughed, and felt warm liquid come from his mouth. His eyes... slowly begun to close, as he saw Stray standing before him.... reaching for him. He smiled... trying to lifting his own hand to take her own. His eyes were almost fully closed, as his hand took Strays, only to realize.... it was nothing more than... a memory. He heard her voice though... calling him, as a mass of sand fell from above, covering up his body.

"LYONIN!!!!!!!"
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Chapter 14: The End

There was a sinister silence that followed Lyonin's fall. The only thing to break it was Stray's scream, which would penetrate even the deafest of Arrancar. Setoku had done it, he had broken Stray. Of Body... and of mind. Setoku stood, gazing absent minded over the hole he put Lyonin through. It was over, finally.

"Goodbye, Captain. I merely won by luck... nothing more.... nothing less."

Setoku smiled, before spitting down into the hole - Once hearing the spit hit the pile of sand that covered Lyonin's body, Setoku was satisfied. He turned on his heel, and swung his energy blade behind him, causing a massive title wave of sand to abruptly push up and behind him, easily covering the hole. Dragging the energy blade through the Sand, Setoku walked up to the kneeling down Stray, and as her tears slowly begun to mud over the sand, Setoku reached down, taking her neck in his hand, and begun to raise her from the ground.

"Your man was strong, far stronger then me.... But as it so happens, Luck was on this lonely man's side. Say goodnight, princess of the hollows..... My loving Sister... I'll miss you."

A tear formed in the corner of Setoku's eye, as his sword arm pulled back, and swung forward. It was finally over, all the preparation, all the destruction, it was leading up to this moment. Setoku would destroy Princess Stray, his only Sister, and then... move on to the Lord of Hueco Mundo. He heard the sound of metal and flesh as his eyes closed, felt the spray of blood across his face once the sword was free. He was... Truly alone now. His fingers twitched... and he realized... he was holding... nothing. What had he hit?! He slowly opened his orange eyes, glaring at the sight before him. The back of a young... Shinigami?

"...Sister Wolf..."

Was about all that came out as Wolfcubs sandal foot impacted Setoku's jaw, causing him to stagger back. Of all people... What the hell was she doing here?! She never got involved in such business, and she was far to weak too. Setoku took a step back, staring at the girl who stood with a slash mark across her back. She could of saved Stray without getting cut... so what was she getting at?

"Wolf... I see you've come to help Stray. How cute. But you're to late..."

"Shut it, Setoku-niisama. Never refer to me as Sister, or anything of the sorts. I'm leaving with Wolf... and you will not stop me."

The girl took a step forward, staggering slightly with Stray in her arms. Stray's eye's went wide, as she grabbed at Wolf's shoulder's deftly.

"Wolf... please... Lyonin is gone. Just... just let Nii-san do what he needs to... please."

"Lyonin-taicho is not dead, Sister."

Wolf smiled meaningfully to Stray, nuzzling her cheek into her own - A portal appearing before them. Setoku's eyes went wide, and he shot after them, only to be stopped by a massive flame barrier. What the hell?!

"Setoku-niisama. You have crossed the line. I never considered you family, nor never will. I am taking Stray to Soul Society, away from your influence... And away---"

The portal suddenly crashed closed, and from behind it, another Espada stood. Lanaught. He spoke nothing, nor did he motion to do anything, he merely crossed his arms, and nodded to Wolf.

"You will leave when Primera-sama is done, little girl."

Wolf stopped in her tracks, her eyes wide. She couldn't stop an Espada.... but the flame barrier erected by Lyonin would hold Setoku off.... She should be safe. Turning to look over her shoulder to glare at Setoku, she saw the sand behind him, slowly rise. Setoku's eyes went wide a moment, but he did not turn around.

"Lyonin-taicho... still alive, I see."

Lyonin had no answer, his eyes only spoke of pure hatred - His movements spoke of death. Setoku turned to face Lyonin, glaring impatiently.

"Well, Taicho-san?"

Without so much as a glance, Lyonin's elbow shot directly into Setoku's stomach, easily removing the air from his lungs. Setoku bent forward, coughing up blood, then stumbled back a few inches.

"No...."

(The appearance of Wolfcub and Lanaught so suddenly have a deeper meaning. I've been dying to include these two for quite some time now, and found no opening... So I cheaply just made one. Please excuse the poor chapter/story telling of this post. It'll make since soon ^^; The Final Two Chapters begin... Now.)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Destruction Trilogy (The Red Book - The Green Book - Destruction's End) **Complete** Empty Book 3 of 3 (Destrucion's End)

Post by Setoku Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 pm

The Final Chapter: Part one - The Last Dawn

Wolf relaxed slightly in the presence of Lanaught. He seemed harmless enough, and more captivated by the fight behind the flame barrier. She was always a smart girl, and her intelligence was telling her to attack him now, kill him before he focuses his attention back on them.... But she couldn't. Like him, she was pulled to the fight as well. A Captain, and the Numero Uno Espada, as it were... This was a fight for the ages, technically. But even though she felt enthralled, she was worried. About Stray, and... Lyonin. But in her heart, she knew nothing would stop this - Nothing she said, nothing Stray said. Perhaps the best course of action would be indeed.... to wait it out? She couldn't say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lyonin-taicho... you are very annoying... Did you know that?"

Setoku stepped to the side, his arm curled around his stomach - He wasn't sure why, but that.... that actually hurt. Was his Segunda wearing off? Perhaps... or maybe Lyonin was far stronger than Setoku had fully anticipated? He knew the boy was something else, and that if he won... it'd be by luck alone... But... This boy, he was moving with a finesse and accord built into most Hollows, something that took even Stray years to develop. Something felt... Wrong here. Even his Reiatsu seemed twisted? Or perhaps it was due to the break in the link... But even so, he was taking Setoku in his final state... Unreleased! Was it Stray's doing? Yes... it had to be. But even still, Setoku... was confident he outweighed Stray as she currently was. Setoku took a slow, long breath, before the reiatsu around the two begun to subside, the sword slowly drifting back into it's pale, No-dachi metallic shape. Lyonin stepped forward, and lowered his head.... What was Setoku... doing?

"Giving up, oh great "Primera-sama" of the desert? Such a shame..."

"Giving up...? Oh no, almighty Captain of Soul Society... just making the playing field... level."

Lyonin's frown grew even wider. Was it true, then? Did Setoku lack intelligence of any level? Was he just a mad, crazed, twisted man from Hueco Mundo? No... not if he had concocted this plan - It would take some level of intelligence to get this far, he'd give him that. But... this seemed suicidal.

"Setoku-san... You know you'll die."

"Tch... I've heard that from you one other time before, Taicho. Look at me now."

Lyonin raised an eyebrow, as Setoku turned his head and spit a mass of blood from his lips. Looks like that hit did more damage than Lyonin thought. He couldn't help but smile slowly - And just like that, in that instant, Setoku shot forward, pulling back his sword and slicing it downward, intent on cutting Lyonin completely in half. That was very much unlike him..... Lyonin quickly brought up his own sword, and easily caught Setoku's attack. Setoku pushed down fiercely on the locked blades, and suddenly, a smile grew across his features.

"Seems familiar, doesn't it, Lyonin-kun? Except the last time, it was claws..."

Lyonin flinched, and push Setoku's blade to the side, guiding it into the sand slowly. What the hell was he talking about? Lyonin moved to speak, but suddenly stopped, as memories of an age long ago washed through him.... He had almost forgotten. The day... These two... Met.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two hundred Years Earlier

The boy hopped from Balcony to Balcony, stopping occasionally to look around. This was his first solo assignment out of the academy, there was no way he would let his Captain down! He was brash, arrogant, and knew within a hundred years or so, he would be Captain, that was a given. What good would it do him to have one failed mission on his record?! None, so there was no way. He came to stop, and slowly dropped to the ground next to an alley. The night was eerily calm, but the first thing he learned in the academy is to not allow the geography to confuse you, danger was around every corner. He closed his eyes a moment, and dropped his hand to the Atsuchi he was given upon graduation. It was odd... He never noticed it speak to him... so that could prove a problem. Steeping two fingers, he raised them to the necklace around his neck, it was a beaded monk necklace - He wasn't sure why... but he felt he should wear it at all times. He wasn't exactly religious, but... something just told him... Perhaps it was just a good luck charm? As he drowned alone in his thoughts, a scream suddenly broke the silence of the city. Lyonin reached down to the hilt of his sword, and headed off in that general direction. It could be just human trouble, which he wouldn't bother with... But as he closed his eyes, and took in the area once more, this time in a deeper manner, one word escaped his lips....

"Hollow..."

Lyonin rounded another corner, before sliding to a stop. What he saw.... A girl dangling high above a beast... with a small wing span and vicious claws. The dull purple glow from the eye holes of his mask were somewhat... unnerving, but other than that, it seemed nothing more than an average hollow.

"Unhand that soul, Beast. Your fight is with me!"

Lyonin brought his sword up, and glared to the beast, he sniffed the girl once more, before chucking her into a wall.

"Is that so..."

Lyonin's eyes went wide, when the beast spoke, it wasn't in the same, usual twisted manner of a hollow, it was soothing, calm... alone, even. Lyonin shook his head, he didn't have time to deduce how this Hollow was... but still, it was odd....

"Well, Little Shinigami... I have been dying for a meal..."

The hollow suddenly shot forward, and thrust one of his clawed hands forth - Which Lyonin easily caught with his sword. The beast wasn't too subtle about his movements, so that was a plus for Lyonin.

"Hollow, you are going to die..."

The Hollow suddenly let out a piercing laugh, causing windows in the area to shatter. Lyonin quickly covered his ears, and stepped back. What was so damn funny? Lyonin shot forward, and shoved his sword into the hollows Stomach, causing the stopped to stop almost immediately. The hollow leaned inward, before snapping his clawed foot up, and kicking Lyonin directly into the center of his gut. Lyonin was sent spiraling back into a wall, where the impact caused his lungs to empty of all air - Was this going to be how he dies? Lyonin struggled to his feet, but they didn't seem to work - And the hollow was drawing closer. Lyonin suddenly closed his eyes, awaiting the finishing blow that was sure to come - Suddenly, he felt the hollows hand on his neck, and felt himself slowly being lifted off the ground.

"You Shinigami interest me. My name is Setoku, of the hollow, what is your name, little Shinigami?"

What...? Why was the hollow introducing himself? Lyonin fought against the hand to his throat, and slowly forced his name out.

"Lyo....nin..."

"Well Lyonin, goodbye. You were fun while you lasted."

Setoku pulled the boy back, then up - But Lyonin was already in action. He thrust his atsuchi down, into the Hollows elbow. The Hollow twisted his arm around, and tried to stop the blade entirely - But he failed. The sword entered through the wrist, and the tip shot out from his elbow. Setoku kicked the boy once more, letting go as soon as his foot made contact. The boy was sent flying again, this time into a few metal bins. Once he hit the ground, he knew he was done - He couldn't feel the bones in his body, his nerve system seemed on high alert. What to do? The Hollow suddenly shot toward him, but just as suddenly, came to a complete stop - Looking back over his shoulder. A certain rage over his face.

"As you wish, Nii-chan."

And just as quickly as he attacked, he turned, and walked toward the hole ripped into the dimension. He stopped as he stepped in though, offering some final words... Words Lyonin would make him pay for... One day.

"Your sword is mine. You are a weak Shinigami, leave now, or die later. The choice is yours."

And with that, the man stepped into the hole, taking Lyonin's sword, and leaving a broken Lyonin behind. The boy let out a piercing scream of his own - He would get his revenge... One day. And his sword..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyonin felt the pressure of Setoku's sword against his once more, his eyes were wide. That was right... when he was but a mere Cadet. He slowly raised his head, gazing into Setoku's dull purple eyes. And still, those eyes held a sadness and loneliness that couldn't seem to be comprehended. Lyonin pushed back against Setoku's sword, unsure of what to make of this. Why was he doing this? Didn't he have family... And if he does... why was he rejecting them so?

"Setoku.... Why..?"

"Because I can."

Setoku's answer was blunt, and once he answered, he shoved his body weight against the sword, pushing Lyonin's own back, and closer to his nose.

"No... why... why this?"

"I said... because... I..."

Setoku suddenly dropped, spinning around and throwing his leg out, catching the back of Lyonin's legs. Lyonin flipped back, and his back met the sand and concrete below him - He let out a loud "Uff", but easily kicked himself back up. Setoku frowned, finishing off his answer..

"I....."

"You are afraid..?"

Lyonin finished for him, and Setoku's eyes went wide. Lyonin knew it... That was it! He would deny it... But finally, after all these years... Lyonin... Understood. Suddenly, he felt the pressure against his sword lessen, and for just a moment, Lyonin thought he had finally gotten through... Obviously, though, he was wrong. Setoku pulled back his hand, and shoved it forward, straight into Lyonin's blade, pushing the blade back into his nose, causing blood to fly everywhere.

"Me...? Afraid..? Haha... I'm not so human!"

Lyonin leaned forward, placing his hand to his nose. Not so human, huh? Lyonin knew that wasn't true... If his aspect was being alone, loneliness was a human emotion.... But before he could think this out any further, he felt Setoku's heel dig into the back of his skull, shoving him face first into the sand and concrete under him.

"Get up, Lyonin. This is.... Your final Sunset."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am

The Final Chapter: Part Two - Eternal Loneliness

Setoku's heel dug into Lyonin's skull, forcing his face deep into the sand. Lyonin felt the thin layer of limestone between the Forest and Desert shove into his face - Then felt Setokus' hand grab onto the back of his neck, and yank him from the sand, raising him high into the air. Setoku glared at the battered, bloody Lyonin for a moment, his eyes.... so alone - Tearing up, even. Lyonin coughed, a mass of blood escaping his mouth, and splattering over the front of Setoku's face. Though this wasn't the time, Lyonin never really noticed... But Setoku - He lacked a hollow mask of any sorts. His small fangs, Lyonin had assumed... were the remnants. But... that wouldn't be right. Finally, the answer jumped into his mind, and a single eye opened, gazing into Setoku's own as he held him above the ground.

"Your mask.... You lack it... because of me. You are... More human.... because of me. Your power.... to bridge gaps... is... me..."

Lyonin was struggling, Setoku had indeed broken his nose, then the heel to the back of his head, causing him to bite into the Limestone beneath the sand, had cracked his jaw. Just talking for Lyonin... it was one of the most painful things in the world. But he understood now. When Setoku had merged with his atsuchi... the leftover reishi of Lyonin's had invaded his body, and forced very human like qualities on him. Giving him more of a human disposition, a certain attachment to wanting to be near someone. No hollow was like that, beyond Stray... so, Lyonin could only assume.... Setoku was getting his revenge. He was alone because he was so unique, and when he met Stray, he fell in love with her. Took her on as family. But then Lyonin came back, and was taking that Sister from him. Was that it?

"Setoku... I won't... separate your family... I'm... sorry..."

Lyonin coughed again, another mass of blood spattering all over Setoku's face. For a moment, Lyonin saw it, a spark of happiness in Setoku's features... But just as quick as it came, it was gone. Setoku yanked Lyonin's body back, and then hurled it forward.

"Don't assume such, Captain. I have no family. You did nothing to me.... Such arrogance..."

As Lyonin soared through the air, all the answers were clicking into place. Setoku was an avenger. He - Being so alone, wanted all Hollow to suffer. He saw no need for others to have what he could not, and his family, it was -HIS- family. And so Lyonin, a Shinigami, coming in and taking his place, was more than he could bear. Lyonin suddenly heard an echo, and felt Setoku's foot dig into his back, kicking him up ward. Lyonin leaned his head back, noticing Setoku just kicked him up before he impacted Las Noches.... Why? As he flew higher, he saw the edge of the roof slowly go by him, heard another echo, then felt Setoku's hand grip his ankle, pull him back, and send him flying into the dome of the structure. Lyonin impacted hard, cracking the Seki Seki like stone, and skidding along it for a moment. He felt the concrete burn his skin as it begun tearing apart what remained of his kimono, and then begun ripping up his skin. He twisted his body, until his Shoulder was skidding, and rolled back, out of the skid. His feet impacting the structure, he skid back a moment, shoving his sword into it, and using it as a crude brake. Once he stopped, his vision was obscured by dust and blood in his eyes. He was here before... that sensation of his final moments. But he had something to live for now! Stray.... He needed....

"STRAY!!"

His voice echoed through the sand as he screamed for her, his eyes watering up. He refused to die. He needed to protect her, to be her knight. She was everything to him, he loved her... and she loved him. All he ever wanted had finally appeared before him - And now, he was about to lose it! He refused! He pulled his sword up, and held it at an angel. Defensive Neutral, a style of Zanjutsu he hadn't used since his cadet days. When Setoku came, he would stop him, and save her. He would save them all. Then... he heard it, the echo - And right before his eyes, Setoku appeared, his eyes twisted, wide with Rage... Regret... Loneliness... and fear. His arm pulled back, his hand curling into a fist. Lyonin knew, he couldn't stop him, this was his time. Lyonin pulled his sword up, and shoved it forward, eyes closed tightly. He felt the air of Setoku's fist... then nothing. He heard the sound of metal piercing flesh, felt blood splatter across his chest and neck. Had he done it...? Had he... actually killed Setoku? His eye slowly opened, and the sight before him.... shocked him. Stray was behind Setoku, gripping Setoku's arm at the elbow, stopping his fist cenimeters from Lyonin's face, her eyes reflecting sadness, and a sword was pushed through Setoku's right chest, the tip soaked in blood. Lyonin slowly lowered his eyes, seeing Wolf knelled down on Setoku's left side, holding the hilt of her sword tightly. Even her eyes.... were watering up. Lyonin rose his head once more, catching Setoku's face... But he didn't look shocked, or even... scared... he was... smiling slightly.

"Stray-....niichan... Wolf-niichan... you both.... stopped..."

He turned his head, and gazed to Stray, then turned his head the other way, looking down to Wolf.

"Finally.... my Sisters... did what... was..."

Setoku staggered forward, as Wolf pulled the blade out of his body. Lyonin saw it, and shoved his blade forward, pushing it through Setoku's body, right under the hole Wolf had made. Setoku slid down along it, raising his arms and allowing them to wrap tightly around Lyonin's shoulders, holding him in a deep embrace. His lips close to his ear, and... silence. Lyonin's eyes were wide. Setoku... being this close to anyone... just seemed wrong. Lyonin heard Setoku's lips part, as he spoke quietly into his ear...

"Take care... of them... Lyonin... be my.... new Brother..."

Lyonin's eyes went wide, as Setoku pushed himself off Lyonin, and his blade. His body spun around, and he reached outward, for Stray. She bit her lip, before jumping forward, and grabbing for his wrist.

"Setoku.... Nii-sama... NO!"

Right as her hand was about to make contact, Setoku fell backwards, over the lip of the dome, and plunged downward, head first, toward the sand below.

The Epilogue:

Lyonin stood in place, his eyes wide. Setoku had... accepted him? But why? Well, it wasn't the time to be worried about such. He was... dead. And a Dead Man's acceptance was useless. Lyonin shoved his sword into the structure, leaning heavily on it. Setoku had really done a number on him - His eyes were still filled with blood, it felt, and dust seemed to settle ever so slowly.

"Stray..."

Lyonin reached out with his free hand, and felt Stray's hand take his. His heart and body suddenly felt warm, almost as if it were rejuvenating. Her presence... it made everything just right. Wolf merely smiled, turning around and shoving her sword into the sky - Obviously, it was time to go. She turned her head to the side, looking at the lip of the massive palace as she turned her sword like a key, causing a double door to form before her. As the door slowly parted open, a white glow emerged, and a hell butterfly slowly skittered out.

"Goodbye, Nii-sama. You idiot..."

Wolf stepped into the gate, as Lyonin pulled Stray close to him. She was still so warm - He hoped she felt the same. Stray spoke no words, her eyes gazed over the edge of the dome, a certain sadness to them, yet as far as Lyonin could tell, she was relieved.

"Come, My Knight in Shining Armor, let's get you back to Soul Society."

She smiled brightly, and Lyonin couldn't help but blush. He suddenly leaned up, and pressed his lips to her own - And the world seemed to freeze over. Her face was redder than her had ever seen it, and slowly, his eyes begun to close. His mind was racing, but the world... it was in an eternal freeze. Was this happiness? Suddenly, he felt something tug at his Obi, and felt his body being hurled toward the gate to soul Society. He flipped his body around in mid-flight, in time to see Lanaught grab Stray's arm, twisting it around, and kicking the girl directly in the rib-cage - sending her tumbling off toward the edge. The gate was closing - And Lanaught turned, blowing a kiss in Lyonin's direction, causing Lyonin to shudder.

"Goodbye, Darling Captain. See you in... hell."

"STRAY!!!!!"

Lyonin tried to fight his way back out, screaming at the top of his lungs, but the doors still slammed shut - He stumbled toward them, his fingers digging into the wood, but slowly, the gate faded, and he felt a hand on his shoulders.

"Don't worry Lyonin-taicho... we'll be back..."

Lyonin looked over his shoulder, at Wolf, as she gazed on into the nothingness, her eyes glazed over. Lyonin smiled, placing his hand atop her own.

"Yeah... we will."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setoku felt his body floating, felt it when he hit the sand, and sunk into the forest. Again... he fell. His body didn't want to move, the blood from his wounds was still pouring out - But slowly, the regeneration begun to kick in. Setoku slowly opened his eyes, as he felt another impact, it was like plowing into concrete, but he barely sunk to deep. He felt he was in warm, thick liquid. What...? He opened his mouth, and felt the liquid rush in - There was no water in Hueco Mundo, so what was this now? Setoku kicked his arms and legs, until his body floated up, and he felt the cool air of the Meno's Forest. His eyes wide, he turned in the liquid, gazing over to a mass of Menos. They were... feeding. This was it... the birthing ground... Of Adjuchas.

"So the liquid..."

Setoku pulled a hand to his face, gazing at it. It was shiny red. Blood. When the Meno's merged, their old bodies exploded, sending blood across the same area it seemed. The Blood Lake. Setoku turned again, and slowly closed his eyes. So.... he had finally lost. His time was over. Yet... he was smiling.

"Setoku-sama."

Setoku's eyes slowly opened again, and he tilted his head back, staring at the silhouette of someone standing on the bank. Her features.... were so reminiscent of someone.

"Michiyo-chan... I see Lanaught-kun fixed you right up."

"Indeed, Setoku-sama. Are you alright?"

"Heh... of course."

Setoku looked back up to the top of the forest, smiling slowly. Everything was as it should be, there was only one thing that he needed to know. He heard another echo, as someone else appeared at his side, bent down low, offering his hand to help him out of the blood.

"Ah, Lanaught-kun. How was it?"

"It is done, Setoku-sama. Stray-sama has been sent to the wastes of Menos Forest, and Lyonin-taicho... is back where he belongs."

Setoku smiled, taking Lanaughts hand as Lanaught pulled him from the liquid. All was at it should be, then. Setoku rose to his full stature, raising a single hand.

"Michiyo-chan, the lord. You know what to do, Lanaught-kun, assist her."

The two bowed low, dispersed as quick as they appeared. Setoku took a single step, it was time for the final act of the Assassination of the Lord, and his rise... To King of Hueco Mundo.

"And... Time to awaken you... Darling Sister."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down